How to Install a mod

Learn how to use tools, install mods and so much more. Feel free to share your knowledge as well.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: How to Install a mod

Unread post by Vallachan »

that might be the problem with the anims. bot parts have been reported to mess up walking and other animations.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
luggikebab
Cell
Cell

Pure Amazing!

Unread post by luggikebab »

It's the easiest Modding to add so Far. Who agrees? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
xXLordEagleXx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xXLordEagleXx »

Can someone post an updated tutorial for a Steam 1.6 version please? Because I see the tutorial was for 1.5.1
Also an unlimited complexity mod compatible if that is possible.
Thanks
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

steam fails to properly patch the game, so modding on steam is pretty useless.
only a handful of mods work because your version of the game is corrupt.

1.6 only adds parts, thats it. also, skipping and patching to 1.6 does not add anything from previous patches.
properly updating the game and expansions is very important because they add lines of code that the previous versions do not have.

i suggest getting the game via any other means, and do not get me wrong, the steam version can run some mods...
xXLordEagleXx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xXLordEagleXx »

Davo wrote:steam fails to properly patch the game, so modding on steam is pretty useless.

1.6 only adds parts, thats it. also, skipping and patching to 1.6 does not add anything from previous patches.
properly updating the game and expansions is very important because they add lines of code that the previous versions do not have.

i suggest getting the game via any other means, and do not get me wrong, the steam version can run some mods...
Sorry for late response.

Thanks for your answer. I am not a heavy modder, so I would just like to have unlimited complexity. Have you heard of someone who could run an unlimited complexity mod on Steam? If not, is it possible to ''uncorrupt'' the Steam version?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

xXLordEagleXx wrote:
Davo wrote:steam fails to properly patch the game, so modding on steam is pretty useless.

Sorry for late response.

Thanks for your answer. I am not a heavy modder, so I would just like to have unlimited complexity. Have you heard of someone who could run an unlimited complexity mod on Steam? If not, is it possible to ''uncorrupt'' the Steam version?
basically this site can't offer any steam support. If it works it work, if it doesn't it doesn't. Sorry, but if you want mods to work you need retail or origin.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
PocoTom
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by PocoTom »

I've got no "Program FilesElectronic ArtsSPORE_EP1data" nor "Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsSPORE_EP1data".
Is it because I don't have GA? (I sincerely don't know if I have it =P)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

PocoTom wrote:I've got no "Program FilesElectronic ArtsSPORE_EP1data" nor "Program Files (x86)Electronic ArtsSPORE_EP1data".
Is it because I don't have GA? (I sincerely don't know if I have it =P)
Yes, that would be because you don't have GA. If you want to use mods, I strongly recommend getting it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PocoTom
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by PocoTom »

Ok, thanks!!
FlareTheSkyWing
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by FlareTheSkyWing »

When I click the 'skip ad' thing on AdFly, it just brings me to a window of the code for the mod and not the actual download. Help!;
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

FlareTheSkyWing wrote:When I click the 'skip ad' thing on AdFly, it just brings me to a window of the code for the mod and not the actual download. Help!;
Use a different browser.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
FlareTheSkyWing
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by FlareTheSkyWing »

Thank you so much!
Omarxxx4544
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Omarxxx4544 »

Uh Does All the Mods Only Work With GA or most of them work with Spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Omarxxx4544 wrote:Uh Does All the Mods Only Work With GA or most of them work with Spore
Most of them require Galactic Adventures, as stated in numerous locations on this forum. Also this tutorial is outdated, you should use the ModAPI Easy Installer instead: https://sporemodder.wordpress.com/spore-modapi/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials”