Basic Guide for using and understanding SporeMaster 2.0?

Learn how to use tools, install mods and so much more. Feel free to share your knowledge as well.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Raella69
Cell
Cell

Basic Guide for using and understanding SporeMaster 2.0?

Unread post by Raella69 »

So I downloaded the program and opened it, followed the setup instructions and then realized I had no idea how to really use the tool or how to interact with the .package files. Is there a tutorial out there that walks one through it? In addition to adding :di: , I am also looking to mess around and make some changes of my own, and just to get a better understanding of how the tool works so I can troubleshoot for myself, eventually.

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Basic Guide for using and understanding SporeMaster 2.0?

Unread post by Darhagonable »

I learned by unpacking others mods and see what they changed...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Basic Guide for using and understanding SporeMaster 2.0?

Unread post by rob55rod »

SporeMaster is only really good for unpacking packages and searching files at this point. SporeModder does everything that SporeMaster does atleast as well, so I only recommend SporeMaster for those 2 things because due to its unfinishedness, unpacking packages with SporeModder is currently broken, and searching with SporeModder is just slow, and provides no real advantages over SporeMaster.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials”