How to play Spore at 60 fps!!! - Remove 30 fps limit

Learn how to use tools, install mods and so much more. Feel free to share your knowledge as well.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Re: How to play Spore at 60 fps!!! - Remove 30 fps limit

Unread post by windblade »

just found this and....i have a HUGE problem
(note i have the origin version of the game, and the proper installation order for patches, and expansions and i have a custom path for installed games(D:\Games\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures( <- thats where origin installed GA, and spore and cute and creppy have their own folders named the same way "SPORE" and "SPORE Creepy Cute Parts Pack")

ok the huge problem is THERE IS NO PROPERTIES.TXT anywhere -_-

also it is a problem becaus i cant disable the intro "movie" either, another trick that uses that file

edit: fixed that downloading a properties.txt file, in a moment i will test te 60fps

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

windblade wrote:just found this and....I have a HUGE problem
(note i have the origin version of the game, and the proper installation order for patches, and expansions and i have a custom path for installed games(D;\Games\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures( <- that's where origin installed GA, and spore and cute and creepy have their own folders named the same way "SPORE" and "SPORE Creepy Cute Parts Pack")

ok, the huge problem is THERE IS NO PROPERTIES.TXT anywhere -_-

also, it is a problem because I can't disable the intro "movie" either, another trick that uses that file

edit: fixed that downloading a properties.txt file, in a moment I will test te 60fps
if you have origin then it should be here

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures\Data\Config
if it isn't then I don't know
also, the highest I've seen it go is at 156fps!!
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

as i said it didnt exist and my game was installed on a partitions, the path i provided (D;\Games\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures( <- that's where origin installed GA, and spore and cute and creepy have their own folders named the same way "SPORE" and "SPORE Creepy Cute Parts Pack")
so thats why i had to download the properties.txt, and that fixed it, but again, it didnt exist to begin with
razzthefreak
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by razzthefreak »

For me it just says config error when I start the game now. Any ideas?
Goldstar345AJ
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Goldstar345AJ »

HOLY MOLY!! I NEVER THOUGHT SPORE COULD BE AS GREAT AS THIS!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! TY FOR SHARING THIS!!! :D
GrᴏxEmpire
Cell
Cell

Unread post by GrᴏxEmpire »

Thanks, This really makes the grox and other creatures look more awesome
Hightlyze
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Hightlyze »

what about 120 fps?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hightlyze wrote:what about 120 fps?
The answer is in the OP.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
M,E,M,E,S
Cell
Cell

Unread post by M,E,M,E,S »

Ok how do you get 120 fps?
Spore modder is kinda cool
Triple_sSs
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Triple_sSs »

Hey there,
I just wanted to come here and post about a caveat that I've noticed with this 60fps mod, since looking around online I've noticed that others seem to have this issue as well but it hasn't been talked about here yet.

If you only have the Spore base game plus the Creepy & Cute parts pack installed, this mod does NOT work for some reason. I tried editing the text files with just the base game installed and it worked great, but once I installed the C&C pack the mod suddenly stopped working somehow. I've tried to figure out why it wasn't doing 60fps anymore but to no avail. The only workaround seems to be either uninstall C&C, or get the Galactic Adventures EP installed as well and apply the mod afterwards.
I think this info should be added to the OP so others can know about this as well.

Also while I'm at it, I think it's better set the number in ConfigManager.txt to 16 instead of 17.
17 actually sets the frame rate to 58.8 (1000ms / 17) which can create screen jitter on a screen with a 60MHz refresh rate, but set at 16 it's at 62.5
It may be a bit higher but this way it should help prevent jidder and look a bit smoother. Found this out at PCGamingWiki: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Spore#High_frame_rate
CrispyRam
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CrispyRam »

Hey, I'm not expecting an answer, but I've tried all that I can think of. This trick worked roughly two hours, and when I started the game again, it stopped.
I've uninstalled the game several times, even deleting my save files and all, but nothing seems to work.
I'm playing on a 144hz monitor and have a GPU way too powerful to handle this game ahah, so I don't think the problem is coming from here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials”