How to completely unpack Spore_EP1_Data/Boosterpack_01

Learn how to use tools, install mods and so much more. Feel free to share your knowledge as well.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
emd
Admin
Admin

How to completely unpack Spore_EP1_Data/Boosterpack_01

Unread post by emd »

SproeMaster gives an error when you try to unpack Spore_EP1_Data.package and BoosterPack_01.package, right? Here is the solution:

1- Download and install SpView: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s45z7 ... 4_full.rar (Thanks to Werelion2367 to put it another time in the web!)

2- So now open SpView, and hit Tools --> Unpack DBPF|DBBF V2:

3- We search and select the .package that we want to unpack. Maybe we get this warning, just say Ok (this means that probably SpView will stop responding when unpacking, but just let it finish):

4- We wait until we get this warning: Image

Now, go to the folder where the selected package is. There will be a new folder with the name of that package inside. Enter in it and delete the SP-PROP-00B1B104-40004000-E66B362E.prop file. If someone is interested on it's contents, say it and I'll show them.

5- Now in SpView, do Tools --> Pack DBPF (V2): Image

Will give us this warning, we hit Ok:

DO THIS CAREFULLY, CARE ATTENTION!!!

In the first file chooser, we go to the folder of our selected package, and then into the new folder of the same name that the package. There we select a file (doesn't matter which):

In the second file chooser, we choose where we want to save the new package (don't save it in the same folder of the selected package!!)

Wait until it's done, and now you can unpack this file with SporeMaster!
Hope it helps, bye, and Happy Modding!

Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: How to completely unpack Spore_EP1_Data/Boosterpack_01

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

For whatever reason, when I attempted this there wasn't any SP-PROP-00B1B104-40004000-E66B362E.prop file in the folder. Did I do something wrong?
Garzhad
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Garzhad »

This worked flawlessly, the boosterpack finally fully extracted. However... my changes still arn't taking effect. I'm not trying to do anything drastic, I just want to alter body part abilities and such, but even though i've unpacked the game, text, patch data and boosterpack packages in that order, and can see and edit all the files in sporemaster, the changes I make to body part levels don't take effect even though the mod package was packed and inside the (main)data directory(i've also tried placing it in the BP1 and EP1 data folders to no avail). I just... don't know why it doesn't work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Garzhad wrote:This worked flawlessly, the boosterpack finally fully extracted. However... my changes still arn't taking effect. I'm not trying to do anything drastic, I just want to alter body part abilities and such, but even though i've unpacked the game, text, patch data and boosterpack packages in that order, and can see and edit all the files in sporemaster, the changes I make to body part levels don't take effect even though the mod package was packed and inside the (main)data directory(i've also tried placing it in the BP1 and EP1 data folders to no avail). I just... don't know why it doesn't work.
Does your mod come before the Galactic Adventures packages alphabetically? If not, the mod is prioritized below the GA files. That's why you often see numbers, exclamation marks, zeros, and other such characters of high alphabetical priority at the beginning of mods' package names.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Garzhad
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Garzhad »

rob55rod wrote:
Garzhad wrote:This worked flawlessly, the boosterpack finally fully extracted. However... my changes still arn't taking effect. I'm not trying to do anything drastic, I just want to alter body part abilities and such, but even though i've unpacked the game, text, patch data and boosterpack packages in that order, and can see and edit all the files in sporemaster, the changes I make to body part levels don't take effect even though the mod package was packed and inside the (main)data directory(i've also tried placing it in the BP1 and EP1 data folders to no avail). I just... don't know why it doesn't work.
Does your mod come before the Galactic Adventures packages alphabetically? If not, the mod is prioritized below the GA files. That's why you often see numbers, exclamation marks, zeros, and other such characters of high alphabetical priority at the beginning of mods' package names.
I'd tacked it into the platinum spore mod so it does come before. Regardless, I was having problems because I was retarded and not using the Galactic Adventures executable. For some reason mods don't work on the base game. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. But hey, now I can go about putting Jump on leg parts(which makes a Helluva lot more sense than on the feet) so that you won't be restricted to two foot types that have jump and whatever.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Garzhad wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I'd tacked it into the platinum spore mod so it does come before. Regardless, I was having problems because I was retarded and not using the Galactic Adventures executable. For some reason mods don't work on the base game. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure that out. But hey, now I can go about putting Jump on leg parts(which makes a Helluva lot more sense than on the feet) so that you won't be restricted to two foot types that have jump and whatever.
Oh, okay :lol:

Glad to see the problem solved :mrgreen:

Also, that mod is a damn brilliant idea. I would like to warn you, though, that the limb assembly prop.xmls don't affect the stats the limbs give, only the stats they show in the category. The real stats are attached to the individual bones, which are their own prop.xmls. (I have no idea whether or not you're already aware of that, just figured I'd say so in case you aren't.)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Garzhad
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Garzhad »

rob55rod wrote: Oh, okay :lol:

Glad to see the problem solved :mrgreen:

Also, that mod is a damn brilliant idea. I would like to warn you, though, that the limb assembly prop.xmls don't affect the stats the limbs give, only the stats they show in the category. The real stats are attached to the individual bones, which are their own prop.xmls. (I have no idea whether or not you're already aware of that, just figured I'd say so in case you aren't.)
Aww. That's... unfortunate. Would make it considerably more difficult, since they for the most part all seem to utilize the same 'pieces'. Might be able to assign one value to a segment then a higher value to the segments included on the triple and quadrupal jointed legs.

It would be even easier if it was like early spore and stats would stack up to like 5 or so; assign a value to the individual bones so that as the leg gets increasingly complex the jump ability stacks and increases with it. Same with arms and strike; letting creatures get 5 strike even without the most powerful strike weapon simply by using a more powerful arm type. Oh well.

Atm i'm messing with spit attacks like the lightning and fire attacks from Davos stuff, trying to get them to shoot from mouths. Unfortunately the lightning attack doesn't actually spit lightning at them; just makes a lightning bolt from the sky arc down across the ground to them. The fire seems to work alright, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tutorials”