anti-gravitational field generator

Discuss the wonders of the universe....
Recruit

Recruit

MC Smalls

anti-gravitational field generator

Unread post #1 by MC Smalls » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am

Hey guys wrap your brains around this one.
I know i need three things, 1. A ferrous super fluid, 2.A centerfuge, 3. An electric coil to rotate the superfluid. there are many ideas but most seem to revolve around a mercury based compound , but the problem is we need to supercool this substance to 150 degrees kelvin. unfortunately mercury freezes solid at 235 degrees kelvin, there is a subtance called tallium barium calcium copper oxide wich can stay fluid at 135 kelvin at ambiant atmospheric pressure, but umder any signifigant pressure it will freez at 165 degrees kelvin. The prolem is it must bepressurized to 200,000 atmospheres for this reaction to work. Secondly is the ceterfuge. People say that aluminum should be adequate , unfortunately i believe it would become to brittle at such a low temperature, maybe a titanium alloy perhaps. Of course the inside of such a centerfuge must be comletely smooth. Last but not least is the coil to move the flud. I believe ronis design to be best suited but some of tesla's desings could prove useful as well. If you have anything to add to this project please feel free to comment

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: anti-gravitational field generator

Unread post #2 by Davo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:24 am

look at you trying to be technical!

i think, joe, you would have a better chance of renting a giant fan that was lying a few inches off the ground pointing upwards...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

The GateKeeper

The GateKeeper

MinionJoe

Unread post #3 by MinionJoe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:47 am

I'm pretty sure I understand what you're saying, and if it worked, it would be a magnetic levitation device, not an anti-gravity device. It may create a magnetic field strong enough to push against the earth's magnetic field. If it generated enough force to offset the effects of gravity on its mass, it would appear to float in mid-air. But it'd be completely worthless in interplanetary space.

Currently, we have no way of creating a true anti-gravity device because we don't fully understand gravity. We know that all mass has it. At one time it was suspected that there was a quantum particle called a graviton that causes it. But last I heard, gravity may be caused by some sort of spillage from one of the 11 collapsed dimensions. Until we're able to manipulate collapsed dimensions (which would be dangerous, to say the least), I've no idea how we could create an anti-gravity device.

Recruit

Recruit

MC Sneeks

Unread post #4 by MC Sneeks » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm

yeah........

Sergeant

Sergeant

arnie532

Unread post #5 by arnie532 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Davo wrote:i think, joe, you would have a better chance of renting a giant fan that was lying a few inches off the ground pointing upwards...

I lol'd

Return to “Science”