What about sports?

Discuss your hobbies here.
We take all request on new topics!
You can also discuss the rest of worldly facts here.
Debates are welcomed.
Recruit

Recruit

Carl XVI Gustaf
Zodiac: Capricorn

What about sports?

Unread post #1 by Carl XVI Gustaf » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:19 am

Why isn't there a sports section? Just asking.
P.S. Please add a sports section.

För Sverige - i tiden

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable

Re: What about sports?

Unread post #2 by Darhagonable » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 am

John Cena wrote:Why isn't there a sports section? Just asking.
P.S. Please add a sports section.

Don't tell me you wanna infect this nice forum with alot of fotball fans... :/ JK kinda
tho I like how the forum is mostly about gaming.

Recruit

Recruit

Carl XVI Gustaf

Unread post #3 by Carl XVI Gustaf » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm not just talking about football. I mean all kinds of sports. I just think that adding a sports section would spice things up a little. It just feels like it's missing from the other hobbies and I think it would be a bit boring if this forum (mostly!) only was about gaming. That's all. :)
För Sverige - i tiden

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable

Unread post #4 by Darhagonable » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:07 pm

I see... i'm just not a fan of sports

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Eh, why not. Not really sure why you'd go to a forum instead of going outside if you're into sports, but hey, it's not like there's any loss in adding the subforum. Will do when I get home.

EDIT: If it isn't up by tomorrow, just say something. Probably means I forgot :lol:

Recruit

Recruit

Carl XVI Gustaf

Unread post #6 by Carl XVI Gustaf » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:23 pm

rob55rod wrote:Eh, why not. Not really sure why you'd go to a forum instead of going outside if you're into sports, but hey, it's not like there's any loss in adding the subforum. Will do when I get home.

EDIT: If it isn't up by tomorrow, just say something. Probably means I forgot :lol:

Cool! Thanks!
Btw: I'm pretty sure we are in different timezones, so what you call ''tomorrow'' may be ''midnight'' for me. Just sayin'.
För Sverige - i tiden

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:14 pm

John Cena wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Eh, why not. Not really sure why you'd go to a forum instead of going outside if you're into sports, but hey, it's not like there's any loss in adding the subforum. Will do when I get home.

Cool! Thanks!
Btw: I'm pretty sure we are in different timezones, so what you call ''tomorrow'' may be ''midnight'' for me. Just sayin'.

I know, I just wanted a prompt at some point.

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #8 by Davo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Ive been a huge fan of WWE for 31 years. Never thought it would take...

Looking forward to Rollins returning to destroy Reigns
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Guru

Guru

ThrowSomething

Unread post #9 by ThrowSomething » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Great...another forum killed by a freaking sports sideline. I've seen it before...the owner likes somebody in some arena, wrestling, football, whatever, and certain fans like someone different than you, then alliances are built, trusts are broken and the entire group of participants become "leagued".
Nice way to send newbies elsewhere, Davo.
A history of simple human capabilities becomes a standard that one is expected to attain, less they be thought of fools supporting so and so, all 'in the name' of the 'competitive' aspect of human nature.
I always thought DavoOnline was for those of you who have this unique desire to create and share as opposed to "my team is going to win!". Rob55 has been the forefront of any latest developments that are in the workings, along with EMD hanging in there by a thread, (about to throw in the towel, seems like...). Add to this the current transitional phase happening behind the scenes at DO, and a lack of proper pruning of spam as of late,{WINK WINK Rob}, I, in my opinion, sense a foreboding, skewered path that takes away from the original theme that spurned DO if the "Sports" section thrives to expected viewership. I am simply voicing my dissent, along with my fears. Go Saints.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #10 by rob55rod » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:12 pm

ThrowSomething wrote:Great...another forum killed by a freaking sports sideline. I've seen it before...the owner likes somebody in some arena, wrestling, football, whatever, and certain fans like someone different than you, then alliances are built, trusts are broken and the entire group of participants become "leagued".
Nice way to send newbies elsewhere, Davo.

You're not the only one who's a bit...unsettled...to say the least.

ThrowSomething wrote:A history of simple human capabilities becomes a standard that one is expected to attain, less they be thought of fools supporting so and so, all 'in the name' of the 'competitive' aspect of human nature.

True. So true, I might just be dead without this board (or rather, a long chain of unconventional events of which it is a part).

ThrowSomething wrote:I always thought DavoOnline was for those of you who have this unique desire to create and share as opposed to "my team is going to win!".

Er...smae.

ThrowSomething wrote:Rob55 has been the forefront of any latest developments that are in the workings, along with EMD hanging in there by a thread, (about to throw in the towel, seems like...).

He's silently been the bedrock of a huge portion of my work. Without him and his new modding tool, SporeModder, I'd never have gotten this far. I'm just the one out of us who does most of the public communication...likely since I'm more comfortable with English than he is. But we're in contact on Steam atleast daily, so rest assured he knows everything I see here (unless I am specifically told not to tell others). And a lot of other places, for that matter.

ThrowSomething wrote:Add to this the current transitional phase happening behind the scenes at DO, I, in my opinion, sense a foreboding, skewered path that takes away from the original theme that spurned DO if the "Sports" section thrives to expected viewership. I am simply voicing my dissent, along with my fears. Go Saints.

Then what? Put a cap on how many posts can be made in the subforum per day? Restrict it to modding Sports games? (Actually we should probably discuss that...elsewhere...)

ThrowSomething wrote:and a lack of proper pruning of spam as of late,{WINK WINK Rob}

Okay okay okay, I'll take a look through tomorrow morning. (I only say not tonight because I've only got around 15 minutes and I'd rather tackle this with a fresh head and a decent chunk of time on my hands)

Return to “Hobbies”