Spine Rotation Mod?

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Sharples65
Cell
Cell

Spine Rotation Mod?

Unread post by Sharples65 »

Does one exist? I've been trying to look for one with no such luck. Instead of having the spine fixed to the middle, it would be great if you could move it to either the left or to the right, this is only so I can disguise creatures as gates, trying to add heads onto limbs leaves a really ugly ball like base and I'm not very good at positioning it.

wan2bepro
Cell
Cell

Re: Spine Rotation Mod?

Unread post by wan2bepro »

You tried expanding the spines to their max and just connect them physically by draggin them towards eachother? I can imagine you would be able to create a proper round shape, though probably the walking wouldn't be the way you want it... :?
"Life is like a toy: if you don't know how to play with it, it's useless" Great-grandmother (1903-2006)
Sharples65
Cell
Cell

wan2bepro wrote:You tried expanding the spines to their max and just connect them physically by draggin them towards eachother? I can imagine you would be able to create a proper round shape, though probably the walking wouldn't be the way you want it... :?
Yeah, I've already tried that. And no lol, I don't want to use them for walking, I want them as gates so they're 'frozen' in place, this is for an adventure series that requires this type of style, it's okay for creatures that are looking directly ahead, but when they need to turn, it becomes incredibly difficult to position for me.

Basically imagine this but the neck is turning either left or right, this is why I want a mod where the spine can move left or right, moving the head while the body/neck stay still is really off-putting for me.

wan2bepro
Cell
Cell

Oh man, I just started to get into these mods, as soon as I get near the point of achieving what you want, I will let you know. Man, are you by any chance sharpless from project multispore? :D
"Life is like a toy: if you don't know how to play with it, it's useless" Great-grandmother (1903-2006)
Sharples65
Cell
Cell

wan2bepro wrote:Oh man, I just started to get into these mods, as soon as I get near the point of achieving what you want, I will let you know. Man, are you by any chance sharpless from project multispore? :D
Yeah, that's me, although I'm too busy to actually continue playing it.
wan2bepro
Cell
Cell

Hey sharples, I came acros something that might help you out. Got it from here: https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/832.page
Advanced Editor Controls:
More Rotations: Click to select part, hold down 'TAB' to get 3 rotation rings.
Copying Parts: Hold down 'ALT' and drag a part to make an identical copy of it.
Quick Delete: Select a part and hit 'BACKSPACE'.
Snap To: Windows and doors will automatically line up vertically when placed on a surface.
Directional Placement: Holding 'CTRL' when moving a part moves it on the vertical axis. Holding 'SHIFT' moves it along the horizontal plane.

Advanced Painting/Texturing Controls:
Eyedropper: Hold 'ALT' and click on a region to set your paintbrush to the colour/texture of that region. Use the 3-5 keys to adjust the properties of the dropper (see below).
Painting Multiple Regions: Hold down the 'CTRL' key when painting a region to paint all similar regions at the same time. Use the 1-2 keys to adjust (see below).
Press 1: To make the 'CTRL' key paint the same surface of all blocks.
Press 2: To make the 'CTRL' key paint the same surface of all identical blocks.
Press 3: To make the eyedropper choose colours only.
Press 4 To make the eyedropper choose textures only.
Press 5: To make the eyedropper choose both colours and textures.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”