Replacing Grox buildings and vehicles

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
ProfAlba
Creature
Creature

Replacing Grox buildings and vehicles

Unread post by ProfAlba »

I'm wanting to mod my spore game where the Grox are replaced by my own version, let it be the species, buildings and vehicles.

I've managed to replace the grox themselves successfully but I'm struggling with replacing the buildings and vehicles.

The only place I could find where the grox buildings and vehicles are is in the grob.prop.xml files :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties>
  <int32 name="GrobAirVehicleInstance">106739311</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobCityHallInstance">106393017</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobEntertainmentInstance">106393023</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobFactoryInstance">106393021</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobGroundVehicleInstance">106393015</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobHouseInstance">106393019</int32>
  <int32 name="grobUFOInstance">106393021</int32>
  <int32 name="GrobWaterVehicleInstance">106751091</int32>
</properties>
But the problem is that I don't think that those numbers are ID number (lack of "#" and too many digits).

Could anyone help me find the actual file where you can change the ID numbers for grox buildings and vehicles?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Replacing Grox buildings and vehicles

Unread post by rob55rod »

Those could very well be hashes. The length and missing # prove nothing, as they're shown in Decimal there, rather than the usual Hexadecimal form.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ProfAlba
Creature
Creature

Ok, I tried putting the ID instead of the numbers and it did nothing, it even revert the grox replacement to the normal grox.

I was following these instructions from Forgottenspore :
Forgottenspore wrote:Hey guys I was here to speak with Davo in Private but while I was here I figure Ill help out a little...Anyway to Replace the Grox follow this Tut

1.Backup Or Delete it if you choose Game0 File.[When starting the Game will create a New one]
2.Backup Or Delete it if you choose pollination.package [Again it will Auto Create]
3.Unpack your Editor Save Package [Find the Creature you want to replace the Grox with[It Should have about 5 files with the Same Numbers.
Example
#11675C06.#0F43029A
#11675C06.bem
#11675C06.Png
#11675C06.pollen_metadata
#11675C06.summary

4.Now place these Files in the Folder called #40626200.
5.Now Find the Grox File in "Gametuning"
[Find this Line:<key name="grobSpecies" groupid="#40626200" instanceid="#11675C06" typeid="crt" />

6.Change The Instance ID to the Number of the Creature you want to replace the Grox with.
Restart your new Galaxy and Now The Grox are Replaced.

Warning this Caused a few Problems rewriting the Grox Code.So use at your own risk!Dont blame me if something goes wrong!

To change The Grox Vehicles and Buildings its the same way.
The thing is that even though he says it's the same way for the vehicles and buildings, there is nothing in the gametuning file that I could find.
I'll do some more digging.
ProfAlba
Creature
Creature

Well I had an idea as you said that it was in decimal instead of in hexadecimal. So I converted the ID numbers into decimal and tried that (1828235C to 405283676).

Turns out it worked! Thank you for the hint (whether it be intentional or not). :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Albalrogue wrote:Well I had an idea as you said that it was in decimal instead of in hexadecimal. So I converted the ID numbers into decimal and tried that (1828235C to 405283676).
Well...yeah...that's what I said... ._.
Albalrogue wrote:Turns out it worked! Thank you for the hint (whether it be intentional or not). :)
Np :​OD
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”