Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
gemboundprism
Cell
Cell

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI

Unread post by gemboundprism »

1. When I try to open the Easy Installer, nothing happens. I've tried using the right click open, double click open, and even using 'Open With' on the mod I want to install and then selecting the installer, but nothing.
2. When I try delete these things like the easy installer (since they didn't work), my file tab crashes and the mod api files I want to delete don't get deleted. I think it may or may not have added these crash files I have.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Am I opening the Easy Installer wrong? I've been waiting days to apply Dark Injections (had to wait about 10 hours for it to install!) and it's really annoying me how that time is going to waste because Spore ModAPI is being stubborn! Surely there's a workaround!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

Not sure what could be causing that, but I've alerted Emd of the problem. Hopefully he'll be better able to help. He may need your assistance in diagnosing and fixing the problem though.

In the meantime, there are manual installation files for Dark Injection available, although bear in mind that future Beta releases will not provide that option due to the maintenance demands and the fact that, by that time, the ModAPI Launcher will be required regardless of whether or not it was used for installation.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
gemboundprism
Cell
Cell

Could I have a link to the manual installs?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

gemboundprism wrote:Could I have a link to the manual installs?
It's on the DI download page... >.>
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kenkisami
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kenkisami »

Get to know instant play to read
gemboundprism
Cell
Cell

Any word on the issue?
Edit: I now get the 'choose which mod to install thing' come up (i restart my computer for various reasons, which deleted the clingy api stuff) but im still curious as to why this happened, and if it can be fixed to prevent this problem happening to anyone else
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”