Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid
Zodiac: Libra

How to make a spore part?

Unread post #1 by ThatDemonDavid » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

I am familiar with the sporemaster and spore modder interface and I also already have a prepared .rw4 file waiting to become a part but, I can't figure out how to make a part. I want to make a LavaSpore Parts pack. Here's a screenshot of the part I am gonna use: Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: How to make a spore part?

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 am

Have a look around in the creature_parts~ folder. Unfortunately I'm not able to help you with such a broad question at the moment, but I if that helps you narrow your confusion down, then I may be able to do more.

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #3 by ThatDemonDavid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:35 am

;( I give up on trying to make a part for now... the creature_parts~ folder has no .rw4 files and I can't find any of the code used to make a spore part. A shame, I had a lot of spore part ideas, some were already modeled....

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:34 am

No, don't give up, just look in the right place. The part models are in part_models~ (may be named editor_rigblocks~ for you), and the PROP files are in creature_parts~. I thought you were asking about the PROP files, but I guess you wanted the models. Sorry, my bad.

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #5 by ThatDemonDavid » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:55 pm

rod55rob wrote:No, don't give up, just look in the right place. The part models are in part_models~ (may be named editor_rigblocks~ for you), and the PROP files are in creature_parts~. I thought you were asking about the PROP files, but I guess you wanted the models. Sorry, my bad.

The creature_parts~ folder only has .blockdata files which are unreadable I can't find any PROP files

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread post #6 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:12 am

I think that happens because you only unpacked the Spore_Game.package . The correct creature_parts~ files are in Spore_Graphics.package, I think.

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #7 by ThatDemonDavid » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:18 pm

What is the deal with .gmsh files? Do I need one to make a part?

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #8 by ThatDemonDavid » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 pm

Oh no! An error what do I do?

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #9 by ThatDemonDavid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:55 am

ThatDemonDavid wrote:Oh no! An error what do I do?

Solved that. But have a new problem. I've looked at how parts reference each other and such and haven't been able to find out how to get the part into the editor. Here is a link to the project folder for spore modder. Also in case you need it the name of the part is Groggles, this might help with searching for what I have (or haven't) done correctly.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #10 by rob55rod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:48 am

You only have an item list. You need a page in creature_editor_palette_pages~ , and the filename of this page should be used as the value of the palettePagePartParentPage property in the item list. Once that's done, you'll need to add a file in creature_editor_palette~ , which should reference the file you added in creature_editor_palette_pages~ in its palettePalettePages property. Also, you're overriding a base game item list. Never do that. Also there's a typo in your icon's name - "gorggles" instead of "groggles" :lol:

I've got the project set up to display the part on its own page for you, but your rw4 model doesn't appear ingame and I can't seem to import it into Blender, so that needs fixing...if you could send over the original Blend file (and accompanying textures and such, if any), I'd be happy to take a look and see what's wrong with it.

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #11 by ThatDemonDavid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Here is my model

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #12 by ThatDemonDavid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 pm

rod55rob wrote:You only have an item list. You need a page in creature_editor_palette_pages~ , and the filename of this page should be used as the value of the palettePagePartParentPage property in the item list. Once that's done, you'll need to add a file in creature_editor_palette~ , which should reference the file you added in creature_editor_palette_pages~ in its palettePalettePages property. Also, you're overriding a base game item list. Never do that. Also there's a typo in your icon's name - "gorggles" instead of "groggles" :lol:

I've got the project set up to display the part on its own page for you, but your rw4 model doesn't appear ingame and I can't seem to import it into Blender, so that needs fixing...if you could send over the original Blend file (and accompanying textures and such, if any), I'd be happy to take a look and see what's wrong with it.

I got the palette item showing and all that but, it doesn't have an icon or a name. What do I do to fix this?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #13 by rob55rod » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

For the icon, fix the typo I mentioned. For the name, add a locale~ file with a string containing the part's name and point the blockName property to that.

Corporal

Corporal

ThatDemonDavid

Unread post #14 by ThatDemonDavid » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:50 pm

rod55rob wrote:For the icon, fix the typo I mentioned. For the name, add a locale~ file with a string containing the part's name and point the blockName property to that.

If you're referring to a folder called locale~ I don't have one. Is there a package I don't have unpacked? Also, I fixed the type but, there is still no icon.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #15 by rob55rod » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:17 pm

ThatDemonDavid wrote:
rod55rob wrote:For the icon, fix the typo I mentioned. For the name, add a locale~ file with a string containing the part's name and point the blockName property to that.

If you're referring to a folder called locale~ I don't have one. Is there a package I don't have unpacked? Also, I fixed the type but, there is still no icon.

No, you just have to create the folder and a .locale file inside of it. And uhh...not really sure about the icon, fixing the typo worked for me...double-check the spelling again, I guess...?

Return to “Mod Discussion”