New Client & Broken Mods

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

New Client & Broken Mods

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Spore has been updated with a new client!
Info about the new client:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/86162.page

You can also visit this thread's Sporum counterpart here.

With the new client, some existing mods are no longer working as intended, if at all. I think it would be easier for everyone if we compiled a list of all the mods the new client broke, so they can all be identified and updated one by one. So please post any mods you are having problems with and what the issue(s) with them are here.

Known completely broken mods:
- Unlimited adventure complexity (Fixed Version)
- Force Save (Fixed Version | Alternative Fixed Version)
- Davo's Vocal Bots
- Cell Parts in Creature Editor (standalone)
- Infinite SoL
- ToolMod
- All Badges
- Davo's Unlimited Complexity All Editors
- Nearly anything made by Davo that does more than add parts tbh (with the exception of Bloody Bite)
- PlatinumSpore
- ForgottenSpore
- TitanSpore

Known partially broken mods:
- Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 2.0.6 and older (Newer releases are unaffected)
- Building Rotation (Results inconclusive)
Last edited by Darhagonable on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foozle
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: New Client & Broken Mods

Unread post by foozle »

I don't know if this is because of the new client, but the Dr. Pepper parts pack (just the .package, not from origin) is preventing creepy & cute parts to be accessed in the editor for me. That's with the origin version of spore, creepy & cute, and Galactic Adventures installed in that order.

EDIT: Nevermind, Origin was just installing the new version of Creepy & Cute
Last edited by foozle on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

foozle wrote:I don't know if this is because of the new client, but the Dr. Pepper parts pack (just the .package, not from origin) is preventing creepy & cute parts to be accessed in the editor for me. That's with the origin version of spore, creepy & cute, and Galactic Adventures installed in that order.
Actually they just haven't updated Creepy and Cute yet - it doesn't work either way.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Luigi.exe »

Okay, I have another mod that's broken: the building symmetry mod. The symmetry in the building creator works, but screws over the adventure editor. When I attempt to edit one of my adventures with the mod installed, this message pops up: Image

For some reason, some buildings are remarked as having parts that aren't in the game (Despite me not even having any other building-related mods), and they're buildings I did not make myself, or don't even use the mod!
Screenshot of banned buildings:
With Mod: Image
Without Mod: (No error message appears) Image
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

Unread post by LilyValley »

I just redownloaded Spore due to the new client (and on a different pc) through Origin and now I tried to DL force save but it didn't work. After using the force save manual tweak I have started the game up, only to have it crash. I tried again, and in 15 minutes or so within starting it again, I encounter another crash. It's been only a few days since the client update, so I understand that there are things that need to be fixed/addressed, but I feel that crashing nearly instantly really needs to be reported.

Maybe it's because I added Himeric engine, which is new to my game or something up to date, or it may be that I didn't remove the force save package. Or the tweak regarding force save.. Either way, it's become near unplayable. I tried unmodded Core Spore last night without any complications. It's seemingly only after the manual tweak, so how would I try and find a solution?

Edit: I removed the force save mod but not the manual tweak. Still crashing almost instantly.
Be sure to see my Spore videos on YouTube! You can find me under BetLV.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I need to test in depth to check what else isn't working, but a mod not mentioned yet that's not working for me is the CB Spine Tweaker mod.

Edit Update:
I'm only going to include mods not listed in the first post:

mostly working:
Graveyard (no longer spawns bones around starting nest, otherwise works fine)
Forgotten Spore 2015 (causes other members of your species to disappear from home nest when starting creature stage, mate & members will reappear later)

Not Working:
CB Spine Tweaker

not sure which mod is causing it, but other creatures in the creature stage do not have a nest model even though it is fine on the map and the creatures all stay as if the nest was there.

will probably edit more later as I check other stages in detail.
Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bhalandros »

Actually, my mods seem to work just fine. I was about to rant (and in fact I did, I just edited the message)
Dark injection is alright, and force save is too. I have a ton of mods so I wouldn't really know if something is screwed up.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bhalandros wrote:Actually, my mods seem to work just fine. I was about to rant (and in fact I did, I just edited the message)
Dark injection is alright, and force save is too. I have a ton of mods so I wouldn't really know if something is screwed up.
Where did you install the game from? Origin, Steam, or GoG?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Steam version.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bhalandros wrote:Steam version.
Do you have automatic updates enabled?

Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Yep. It updated itself, I saw it update. I tried to stop it, but it was too quick. Sorry for the slow response, went away and haven't got access to a computer until right now.

EDIT: Steam was closed and I opened it, I saw the Spore thing in blue, and it said update. It updated.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bhalandros wrote:Yep. It updated itself, I saw it update. I tried to stop it, but it was too quick. Sorry for the slow response, went away and haven't got access to a computer until right now.

EDIT: Steam was closed and I opened it, I saw the Spore thing in blue, and it said update. It updated.
I know this may sound like a strange request, but...

...can I get a list of all of the Dark Injection components you have installed and a screenshot of the creature editor in build mode with your current configuration?

Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Sure. Got a LOT of mods installed
DataEP1
DataEP1
DataEP1
Creature editor (I can save this, force save works) (although I just noticed I don't use the mod, as in the package, but the little fix in the configuration)
Creature editor
Creature editor

AND JUST ANOTHER THING
I have always installed ALL mods in both Data AND DataEP1 (because reasons)
You could try that, who knows
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Oh, you DO use the tweak. Okay, that suddenly is a lot less confusing...

...uh, can I ask another favor? I need another screenshot of the editor, this time with Dark Injection's UI-Darkspore and UI-!Layouts components installed. You don't have to keep them there, of course, I just need this for diagnostic purposes.

Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Here. (I erased the zip file, that's why I had to download again)
ignore the square
ignore the square
Ignore the square, it's a weird thing my pc does sometimes when dragging and dropping files
also the normal menu screen (the one with the galaxy) seemed very buggy, don't think it should be like this
trash.PNG
Last edited by Bhalandros on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bhalandros wrote:Downloading
What? They come in the ZIP with all the other DI components...

Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

I erased the zip, doing a new message for notification purposes
Geshtro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Geshtro »

Davo's Bot Vocal mod is broken, Cell parts in creature editor is broken.

The Grox expansion still works perfectly.

Your force save fix works perfectly. 11_Weaponpack mod works perfectly too. Testing Infinite SoL and toolMod now

Edit: Infinite SoL and toolMod is broken. The whole point of it as right after you get past the tutorial in space stage, every single tool is free and instantly available to get. Which, now it doesn't do whatsoever.

Another Edit. BetterSpore 1.5.1 is beyond broken now. Do not try to install any of it. GA breaks entirely and half the stuff doesn't work anymore.
Bhalandros
Cell
Cell

Cell parts in creature editor looks fine to me, at least the one that comes with DarkSpore.
BetterSpore 1.5.1 parts works fine, but any custom tools have disappeared from my save.
All badges mod does not work, and in fact, has reversed.
Extended solar systems seem to work fine.

With just the custom tool disappearance, this is ruined for me.
So... any way to go back to the old launcher?
Is the launcher just the .exe? I hope it is.

EDIT: Copying a supposedly "unupdated" (As in, everything except the new client). Will report back if it works

EDIT 2: It'll download eventually.

EDIT 3: Can't even open it. Probably because steam. If steam_api.dll is removed, an error jumps at me. Guess there's no going back. Well, thanks EA, I'll have to resort to playing in my other pc with internet off so steam won't update my stuff.
Barryplayz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Barryplayz »

Seems like the Unlimited Complexity mod is completely broken.
You cant build unlimited like the mod was intended to.

But on if you install it on steam there seems to be no problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”