New Client & Broken Mods

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
dantem977
Cell
Cell

Re: New Client & Broken Mods

Unread post by dantem977 »

btw can someone tell me what part dark incjections mod is broken?

RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

Unread post by RhinogatorPlaya »

I hate the new editor in the dark injections mod v9 beta and the music so I removed the file with the editor but now I don't have unlimited parts and dna! I have no idea how to mod so can someone make a new mod with unlimited parts and dna for the new version PLEASE!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:I hate the new editor in the dark injections mod v9 beta and the music so I removed the file with the editor but now I don't have unlimited parts and dna! I have no idea how to mod so can someone make a new mod with unlimited parts and dna for the new version PLEASE!
Yes, you hate the Hero Editor background, and I hate it when people request features that have already been added. Also please make any feature requests for DI in a new thread in the DI suggestions subforum. Please ensure the feature you're requesting hasn't already been added, though. In this case, it has been added, so don't request it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

With dark injections v8, all my parts are invisible! I followed your instructions and for some reason it didn't work, please help! On a different devise because I already said something about v9! Also your a great modder and you make fantastic mods! Keep up the good modding and work!
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:With dark injections v8, all my parts are invisible! I followed your instructions and for some reason it didn't work, please help! On a different devise because I already said something about v9! Also your a great modder and you make fantastic mods! Keep up the good modding and work!
Why are you using dark injection v8 in the first place? Use Dark Injection Version 9.r, it is far more stable and abundant with features and parts. It also has a fancy installer.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote:With dark injections v8, all my parts are invisible! I followed your instructions and for some reason it didn't work, please help! On a different devise because I already said something about v9! Also your a great modder and you make fantastic mods! Keep up the good modding and work!
Why are you using dark injection v8 in the first place? Use Dark Injection Version 9.r, it is far more stable and abundant with features and parts. It also has a fancy installer.
I like dark injections v8 because it doesn't change or touch the editor so yeah, by the way I think I know how to fix it now! I'll just get a FPS plus!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
I like dark injections v8 because it doesn't change or touch the editor so yeah, by the way I think I know how to fix it now! I'll just get a FPS plus!
Are you kidding me...? I went to all this work to make sure every single feature was optional in 9.r, and you refuse to use it because of the presence of optional features? Please tell me you're joking...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
Are you kidding me...? I went to all this work to make sure every single feature was optional in 9.r, and you refuse to use it because of the presence of optional features? Please tell me you're joking...
I'm aloud to have a personal pinon! I have told you you are a fantastic modder and you make awesome mods! But please, don't get so angry and deal with! Please, I KNOW YOU GO THROUGH HARD WORK AND YOU MAKE GREAT MODS but please, stop it!
Last edited by RhinogatorPlaya on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote: I like dark injections v8 because it doesn't change or touch the editor so yeah, by the way I think I know how to fix it now! I'll just get a FPS plus!
I'm aloud to have a personal pinon! I have told you you are a fantastic modder and you make awesome mods! But please, don't get so angry and deal with! Please, I KNOW YOU GO THROUGH HARD WORK AND YOU MAKE GREAT MODS but please, stop it!
Of course you're allowed to have an opinion, what bothers me is that your opinion is clearly founded on a huge misunderstanding - you say you prefer DI 8 because it doesn't touch the editors...but you fail to acknowledge the fact that you can configure DI 9.r to not touch the editors just as DI 8 did. You've got tons of options. The DI 9.r installer makes it easy to choose which features you do and don't want in your game. Not a fan of the new interface? Just turn it off. Don't like the new editor background? Switch to the old forest instead.

RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Are you kidding me...? I went to all this work to make sure every single feature was optional in 9.r, and you refuse to use it because of the presence of optional features? Please tell me you're joking...
Of course you're allowed to have an opinion, what bothers me is that your opinion is clearly founded on a huge misunderstanding - you say you prefer DI 8 because it doesn't touch the editors...but you fail to acknowledge the fact that you can configure DI 9.r to not touch the editors just as DI 8 did. You've got tons of options. The DI 9.r installer makes it easy to choose which features you do and don't want in your game. Not a fan of the new interface? Just turn it off. Don't like the new editor background? Switch to the old forest instead.
Sorry I keep requesting the same thing over and over, I just am a kid!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote: I'm aloud to have a personal pinon! I have told you you are a fantastic modder and you make awesome mods! But please, don't get so angry and deal with! Please, I KNOW YOU GO THROUGH HARD WORK AND YOU MAKE GREAT MODS but please, stop it!
There's no need to apologize, I'm just saying that what you've requested is already an option :mrgreen:

RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
RhinogatorPlaya wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Of course you're allowed to have an opinion, what bothers me is that your opinion is clearly founded on a huge misunderstanding - you say you prefer DI 8 because it doesn't touch the editors...but you fail to acknowledge the fact that you can configure DI 9.r to not touch the editors just as DI 8 did. You've got tons of options. The DI 9.r installer makes it easy to choose which features you do and don't want in your game. Not a fan of the new interface? Just turn it off. Don't like the new editor background? Switch to the old forest instead.
There's no need to apologize, I'm just saying that what you've requested is already an option :mrgreen:
AsteroidFire12
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AsteroidFire12 »

Why is the DI feet parts sink even the new version?
RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

I don't know why I posted this comment, I just felt like posing! :)
Frankie Mustang
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Frankie Mustang »

If no one fixed Force Save already and I'm not late to the party, here's a fixed Force Save that should work with the Steam, etc. versions. A friend of mine is using Steam spore and reports that it works for them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f77fdc8u4 ... ix.package
Frankie | Female | Space Alien
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Frankie Mustang wrote:If no one fixed Force Save already and I'm not late to the party, here's a fixed Force Save that should work with the Steam, etc. versions. A friend of mine is using Steam spore and reports that it works for them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f77fdc8u4 ... ix.package
Thanks. We already have a fixed version of the Force Save mod available, but I've added yours to the OP, listed as an alternative fix.

Frankie Mustang
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Frankie Mustang »

Also this isn't exactly a fix to Davo's Unlimited Complexity All Editors per se, it's an original mod I made, which for the most part accomplishes the same thing. It increases editor boundaries and starting currency as well, to a reasonable degree so the morph handles are still not excessively obtrusively oversized and you can still edit creature limbs somewhat normally, though this can be a bit annoying if they are close to each other.

However one problem I can't seem to find a fix for is that some vehicle parts still have a complexity cost. These are the guns, the sails, and the robot legs. I tried giving all the items a complexity score of 0 but they still affect the complexity meter and seem to completely ignore how massive its cap is. I don't know why, but other than that issue this mostly functions the same as the broken Davo mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/461pxa2eu ... ty.package

Edit: also fixed BetterSpore 1.5.1, though this leaves out the force save and higher complexity nodules as those are easily available in superior variants elsewhere. Update: don't use the GUI mod, that one is apparently still broken, but all the gameplay mods should work fine.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c470o7x7d ... 8Patch.zip
Frankie | Female | Space Alien
fruitbat99
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by fruitbat99 »

Unlimited compexity won't work i am trying to make a turtle but it ends up being to complex. I am using 5.1
fluffhead_chan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by fluffhead_chan »

Versions 3 and below of the Knurlies Mod by CamBen do not work with the new client. I should know seeing as I can't actually download anything other than said versions (though that's a story for another day :roll:)
FredtheDerp
Cell
Cell

Unread post by FredtheDerp »

i have a number of mods.. and i guess since today they're suddenly not working
I do stuff here and there Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”