New effects

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Forgottenspore
Cell
Cell

New effects

Unread post by Forgottenspore »

Hey guys I was looking into affects recently and I found some awesome fire effects, however I've been looking for other effects such as

Electric- so some parts can have electricity flowing around them (Like in cell stage)
Light effect, I wanna put some light effects on certain eyes to have like a glowing eyes effect-maybe get these effects from the spaceship parts?
Sound effects- I'm sick of the default sounds some of these mouths have!Lol I wanna be able to add any vocal to any creature if possible

Ill add you to the credits, this is for the Forgottenspore mod.

vvv [The line should look similar to this [Effects]vvv

<keys name="modelEffect">
<key instanceid="#A0E58514" />

Help me out I know some of you figured this out already

ForgottenSpore.com
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: New effects

Unread post by emd »

You can use the adventures efects, I have a tutorial for it.
You can't add new creature voices.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Forgottenspore
Cell
Cell

Ok let me see it when you get the chance and I mean a creature voice swap...I want players to be able to choose between the voices already in game. Lets say I use the bird face but hate the sounds it makes...is there a way I can let players choose what sounds it makes like if they wanted to use the bird face with the monkey sounds?I checked the parts and cant find the "sound" lines am I missing something?
ForgottenSpore.com
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Forgottenspore wrote:Ok let me see it when you get the chance and I mean a creature voice swap...I want players to be able to choose between the voices already in game. Lets say I use the bird face but hate the sounds it makes...is there a way I can let players choose what sounds it makes like if they wanted to use the bird face with the monkey sounds?I checked the parts and cant find the "sound" lines am I missing something?
The code is "mouthtype" and it's a 3-letter value. The values seem arbitrary, but I could be wrong. (please forgive my poor sense of terminology - if you didn't already know, 98% of what I know about XML is self-taught.) Look at the VocalSwap mod by CamBen to see this stuff in action.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:You can use the adventures effects, I have a tutorial for it.
You can't add new creature voices.
Rather than saying "not possible", perhaps you should try to MAKE it possible.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Well, when I say "not possible" I mean "not possible for the moment" xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Well, when I say "not possible" I mean "not possible for the moment" xD
Then say those last three words while you're at it. Even if the meaning is the same, "Not possible" is a lot more pessimistic and less hopeful then "It isn't possible with current tools, but it probably will be someday".

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

The thing is, rob, is that we already know the part about the "current modding tools" so we don't need to say it every single time.

For reference in your mod, you can look at my mod "vocalswap" and Davo's effects page in DI.
For vocalswap, all I did was delete the mouth type property, which consists of a 3 letter value which I managed to convert from a useless number. The type always looks like this:
MCA
ROA
BOC

Meaning
MandibleCarnivoreA
RadialOmnivoreA
BeakOmnivoreC

Respectively. I don't see what the difference is between the 4 different types, A-D...
MCA
MCB
MCC
MCD
...so in vocalswap I only included voice A.

Just make a small invisible part with the mouthtype property, and then delete that property from any mouth you use it on. Or unless you are putting it on new parts, you can just use the mod I already made.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

If you see the name of the file any of these mouthTypes is, you'll see the mouth type is the abreviature of it. For example, in ce_mouth_jaw_carnivore_03:
JCC --> ce_mouth_jaw_carnivore_03 (01 --> A, 02 --> B, etc)
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:The thing is, rob, is that we already know the part about the "current modding tools" so we don't need to say it every single time.
Yes, WE know that, but more often than not the people who are asking things like this have no idea how to mod (I NEVER thought ForgottenSpore would ask such a question as this). Such people (the people who don't know how to mod, not ForgottenSpore) DON'T know the limitations of the tools. Besides, it's not about the knowledge, it's about psychology and perspective.

Forgottenspore
Cell
Cell

Nice I had no idea you created a vocal swap mod this is brilliant! Yes sometimes I get lost in these files and spend hrs looking in the wrong spot! lol Eventually Ill find out or not but I figure it should be easier to just ask you guys because I know someone here did it before. Camben check your messages....and Guys thanks for the help btw!
ForgottenSpore.com
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

yes, everyone give FS time to crawl outta his hole haha, im glad to see the community act as one.
you guys rock!
Forgottenspore
Cell
Cell

Lmao Davo!
ForgottenSpore.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”