Structure Editor mod WIP showcase

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Structure Editor mod WIP showcase

Unread post by Vallachan »

Working on a mod to get a few vehicle parts into the building editors. they are being tested as replacements first.
Video uploading: http://youtu.be/MF9G3qom0Kc
I want to get chassis into bodies, cockpits into windows, details into details, and whatever else i can fit.

PS, is it possible to add a "mark all as unread" button to davoonline? it is a pain to read 5 pages of posts just to get them out of the way.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Structure Editor mod WIP showcase. (not an adbot)

Unread post by Davo »

its on the main index or view unread, something happened and all of these old bots reappeared... gonna take me a while to remove them all...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Structure Editor mod WIP showcase. (not an adbot)

got rid of the messages from the bots. also, a new update on the mod. it will no longer add the parts to the building editors, instead there will be a whole new editor with many different part combos. :)

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
MaquinaViva
Cell
Cell

Re: Structure Editor mod WIP showcase

Unread post by MaquinaViva »

CamBen wrote:also, a new update on the mod. it will no longer add the parts to the building editors, instead there will be a whole new editor with many different part combos. :)
So it would basically be a gaprop editor? Sounds nice. Are you still working on it as of now, if you don't mind me asking?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

oh oh oh can i make the new editor? i love making new editors!
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

So is this like an everything-but-creature editor? With all the vehicle and building types in one place? If so, make sure you change the maximum size of the vehicle parts, because they're rather small compared to the building ones.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

In reply to a lot of stuff, I found that it works better if I just add the parts to the generic building editor, I could release the unfinished and unoptimized version for anyone, if you want.

P.d. Yes, includes all vehicle ANd building stuff .

Davo. If you wanna, should I upload the stuff?

Viva. Not currently working on it.

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

CamBen wrote:In reply to a lot of stuff, I found that it works better if I just add the parts to the generic building editor, I could release the unfinished and unoptimized version for anyone, if you want.

P.d. Yes, includes all vehicle ANd building stuff .

Davo. If you wanna, should I upload the stuff?

Viva. Not currently working on it.
About new editors, camben can you use the model of a uber-turret with his effect and but it in de space vehicle editor so that you can make an actual flying uber turret for in the adventures. :D
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

what type of editor do you need? and what does it save the creation as?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

It basically should give an option to save as any type of building, from a list. It should be based off the generic building editor, but the background could look a bit more like the civ creature editor, with maybe the base of a vehicle editor. Try stuff out, see what looks good, I'll get the beta package up tomorrow if I remember.

Hacker: I don't think that the uber turret would work, it would probably turn white and discolored in the game.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

CamBen wrote:It basically should give an option to save as any type of building, from a list. It should be based off the generic building editor, but the background could look a bit more like the civ creature editor, with maybe the base of a vehicle editor. Try stuff out, see what looks good, I'll get the beta package up tomorrow if I remember.

Hacker: I don't think that the uber turret would work, it would probably turn white and discolored in the game.
cool, try using the clear texture, maybe from orbitspore, and experiment with using the model and its location and the clear paint and you should be able to get it to look properly without the ability to paint it.

editor in works...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

beta:
Attachments
CB_Structure_editor.package
take what you need and trim out the fat.
(55.75 KiB) Downloaded 219 times

Return to “Mod Discussion”