The Switch continued

Write something here!
Recruit

Recruit

MC Sneeks

The Switch continued

Unread post #1 by MC Sneeks » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 pm

“Fox…Fox..the time has come..Fox,,” he sat in bewilderment, gathering his thoughts about the past few weeks. The voice coming from the laptop slowly faded off so did the fear that took hold after the knock on the door. Fox stood up and started walking towards the machine, thinking to himself, “that voice said something about a switch on my voicemail…” Closing the lap top then placing the strange machine in an old briefcase and locking it, “someone must know about this stuff, where’s my address book..?” Sliding the briefcase under the couch then continuing searching for the address book, names of some people that might be able to shed some light on all this, filtering through his mind, “ Gage, Rob, Stacey, Maze, Flex.. where’s that damn book!” After about ten minutes of searching he found it, pondering who to call first and what kind of discretion should be taken for these strange happenings? Deciding to start with Flex, he runs his own computer repair shop, the phone rang, “Flex-net how can I help you.” Speaking in such a fast pace. “Yo it’s Joel , what are you doing right now you busy? can we meet up?, I need to ask you something?” Flex replied , “Calm down, I’m kinda working at moment, can you wait till I close the shop?” “Yeah I guess, but come over as soon as you get out of there, k” “Sure, but what is this all about?” Flex asked. “I’ll try to explain when you get here.” Joel answered. Three hours till he closes the shop, turning the pages of the address book until Stacey’s named appeared, being his ex-lover he was hesitant to call her, getting past his thoughts he called, going straight to voicemail he left a message to call him back. “she’s not going to call me back..” he mumbled to himself. Pacing up and down waiting for Flex trying to gather the words to describe what has been happening. Giving up on the calls and only two hours remaining he fixed some lunch put on some tunes trying to take his mind off everything, his phone rang. “Hello.” It was Stacey, “what did you call me for, after a month of avoiding me!” “please calm down, look I’ve been going though a lot…” interrupting him “You , you’ve been going though a lot, after the way you treated me the last month we were together and then avoiding me after I forgave you, what , what do you want Joel!?” after a few moments of silence he answered “never mind, go back to your life” then he hung up. She called back a few times, but he didn’t answer , the phone stopped ringing and now only an hour remaining he sat and contemplated what he had said to Stacey knowing it didn’t help the situation in any way, rubbing his forehead fixing some whisky on the rocks, making his way to his desktop staring at his screen saver which consist of pictures of old sci-fi flicks, debating what the switch and the grid stood for, and why he is being called Fox. After his third drink his doorbell rang, it was Flex, Joel let him in. “alright Joel what is…hmm your drinking, ok so what’s bothering you?” First thing Joel showed Flex the tattoo ,”you probably got drunk one night and got it done and can’t recall it.” he said with a grin. “No dude, no come check this out and see if you can tell me anything about this.” grabbing the briefcase from under the couch unlocked it and handed to Flex, “what’s in it?” “just open it and take a look for yourself” Joel replied with a pale face. As Flex began to open it Joel started to describe what he has been experiencing the past few weeks, the pitch everything turning neon blue the message on his phone and coming from the laptop, “I haven’t seen any computer that slightly resembles this one.” he explains “Look this button it matches the tattoo!” “well did you press it” Flex replied “hell no, I don’t anything about this stuff or what would happen.” while Joel was answering Flex decided to press it. “No!” Joel yelled but it was to late, it started to glow neon blue and then some sort of hologram appeared out the top, someone wearing a cloak , “We have met before Fox, but due to your memory loss we have provided this unit to guide you back to the grid…good luck” the hologram faded off and Flex and Joel sat back staring at the laptop then each other in silence. To be continued…

Recruit

Recruit

superckool
Location: Why would you care? plus i don't know but its dark here and i hear growling.
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: The Switch continued

Unread post #2 by superckool » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Another great one, but may i suggest just editing the old thread, it would save room, but keep up the good work.
Be careful were you step, I've booby-trapped your whole room, the next step you take might be your last, either that or you'll step on the party activator button, if so then PARTY TIME! :mrgreen:

Return to “Writing and Poetry”