A rather serious post about SMC discord.

WhoAmIAndWhoAreYou
Recruit
Recruit

A rather serious post about SMC discord.

Unread postby WhoAmIAndWhoAreYou » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Alright so I'll begin this essay of "ban appealing" with saying the following: First of all, If this is the wrong channel to post this, sorry, I don't know any better I am new to this forum. Second of all, If I was actually banned from the server for breaking a rule, I am sorry, I was not warned of it and I won't do it again, that is if you give me the reason.

Alright so, I was banned from SMC because I am under suspicion of being dino, which I'll say now, I AM NOT DINO. I have proof of me not being him so if any admin on the SMC server wants it, WhoIsThisAndWhoAmI#9332 is your key to knowledge. Now, it all began with my ban on rebecca's server, I thought it was a joke ban or kick that kev made after I DM'ed him and talked to him since he said "you wot mate" and later said "banned" and that's the usual reaction I get from people around me, and kev is a cool guy so I decided to wait it out until something happens and oh golly, geuss what happened. Pearanoid, Paranoid, Sneaky Zucchini, whatever you want to call him/her DM'ed me with the following: "you are banned from SMC for the suspicion of being Dino. evidence has been provided to me from a few other members and moderators that line up with his past behavior. if you ARE dino, or know him, kindly tell dino to heck off and stop ban evading. if not, we are going to take serious action, which includes reporting him to discord staff." And that just annoyed me. Just because I am a friend of his or ATLEAST know him and have a similar behaviour as him, does not mean I am him.. That's just how humans are, some have the same behaviour as others it's how it works. Me and him we share quite a story tbh he are both in the same servers with different people aswell, it influences him as much as it does me. I'm sorry but thats just how it works. I'm sorry if I seem a bit salty or mad or whatever your country calls it, I am not. I'm just shocked and out of words. Well anyways, hope that some admin on either server reads this, it's all I have to say for that matter. Peace out dudes.

DarkEdgeTV
First Class
First Class

Re: A rather serious post about SMC discord.

Unread postby DarkEdgeTV » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:45 am

Look at it this way.

Your friend Dino has repeatedly evaded bans. Instead of owning up, apologising, trying to contact someone or anything, he just makes a new account and continues as if nothing has happened, as if he did nothing wrong. Multiple times.

He has been banned for valid reasons - His first account was hacked and attempted to spread a malicious foreign download to people on BOTH of our servers. His second account apparently banned itself from our servers, which is simply unheard of and the excuses are nonsensical.

On top of the VERY CLEAR security risk, he's also been quite a jerk to people. Which is a shame, I absolutely love his mods, and he was great to talk in private. I take no joy on insisting the bans, but I make an effort to keep my community safe and positive, and I know Sneaky does too. The security of our communities matter more to us than one occasionally-toxic and risky individual.

All of this could have been avoided if he had not insisted on evading bans and further pushing the concerns that he is a risk.

If you truly are not Dino and just his friend, then I am truly sorry that you've been thrown into this mess. But please consider our perspectives as well. We've taken these steps and precautions because your friend was simply that much of a risk and consistently disrespected our choices to remove him, without ever attempting to make amends. The concept that one of his friends who we've never heard of, made a new Discord account, immediately joined both our servers, immediately picked up the reigns on his mods, and immediately showed the same posting habits, is very easy to assume it's Dino pulling the same ban-evading tricks once again.

To emphasise, again I am sorry if you are truly innocent, but the security of my community as a whole matters more to me.

paranoid_modder
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby paranoid_modder » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:50 am

DM me on discord.

WhoAmIAndWhoAreYou
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby WhoAmIAndWhoAreYou » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 am

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Look at it this way.
If you truly are not Dino and just his friend, then I am truly sorry that you've been thrown into this mess. But please consider our perspectives as well. We've taken these steps and precautions because your friend was simply that much of a risk and consistently disrespected our choices to remove him, without ever attempting to make amends. The concept that one of his friends who we've never heard of, made a new Discord account, immediately joined both our servers, immediately picked up the reigns on his mods, and immediately showed the same posting habits, is very easy to assume it's Dino pulling the same ban-evading tricks once again.

I understand.

Return to “General Discussion”