REALLY important question about getting a legal verison of SPORE.

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
kajtekk
Hatchling
Hatchling

REALLY important question about getting a legal verison of SPORE.

Unread post by kajtekk »

Alright, since last month i started to play modded spore again... of course, illegal pirate version. i already knew taht not all assests may work because its pirate version, so i want to know where can i buy it. I already found one at origin, for 29,99 zł (My currency, Polish złote), and i want to know that will it work like the Steam version (Some assests may not work too), or like the Legal version (Everything is fine and works). No need to answer fast, i'm gonna get the money in next 3 weeks.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: REALLY important question about getting a legal verison of SPORE.

Unread post by rob55rod »

Prior to March 20th this year, the Origin version of the game was like the Disk version. But then they updated the game, and now Origin is as bad as Steam. Also they're not supporting the disk version anymore. As a result, the modding scene has had no choice but to adapt and find away around these Steamy limitations. And we have, so as time goes on, your situation will improve. You're fine to buy it on Origin, just keep in mind that some of your mods may not have been updated just yet. (They will be eventually, though.)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hawk
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Hawk »

You can get a DRM free version of the Spore Collection at GOG.
A little pricey but it is DRM free and requires no activation or Internet connection to play, but you will still have to register at EA to get online extras, if that's what you want.
Hawk
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

wait, what happened with spore this year, i till dont get it, what did they do to it?
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

They updated the client. It is just some compatibility stuff though, no new real features.
Isaak_Johnson
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Isaak_Johnson »

I'm a dumb, ignore me. Mod can delete this post if I can't figure out how.
[strike]You guys probably know better, but it doesn't appear like it got more like the Steam version, everything looks to be in the same places as it was before.

Only major thing I see so far after looking in the spore forum topic about it (specifically page 11) is that the old downloadable patches like 5, 5.1 and 6 no longer work on Origin because the new client has a newer version number, but this new client is basically patch 6 anyway.

Apparently it also does have the bot parts inside, but only people who actually had a code attached to their spore account can access them normally right now. Other players can download and see creatures made with those parts, just not make their own.

The dev on the topic also claimed they are looking into possibly releasing the bot parts for everyone, but it involves legal junk with Dr. Pepper.[/strike]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”