deciphering spore code

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

deciphering spore code

Unread post by uncle bourbon »

origin spores code layout, post findings and such here

uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

Re: deciphering spore code

hash names in script are links to another script
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

...what do you mean by "code layout"? And what "script" are you referring to?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:...what do you mean by "code layout"? And what "script" are you referring to?
scripts, otherwise called coding
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

uncle bourbon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:...what do you mean by "code layout"? And what "script" are you referring to?
scripts, otherwise called coding
and i mean how the prop files an such are interconnected, like finding out what parts are used by the ai
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

found the reason we cant edit the editor files directly, there are three separate parts, ive found two, the first is linked to the others. still searching for the last, me thinks its in the spore_content.package, or maybe its in the hidden file which i can't open due to it being a .@package file
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

anything in the spore_game.package under planetscripts has to do with terrain
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

in the spore_game.package file, the file gametuning contains many things that control rates and values that affect the space stage
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i think the modding community is far ahead of where you are at. we have sifted thru those file over and over. you should not give up researching but maybe look online for better developments on what other modders have discovered. look up the level editor mod for starts. this game is 9 years old and alot of the code has been discovered already. im just thinking youll benefit looking up what others have found before trying to organize a mass thread for new discoveries
uncle bourbon
Cell
Cell

Davo wrote:i think the modding community is far ahead of where you are at. we have sifted thru those file over and over. you should not give up researching but maybe look online for better developments on what other modders have discovered. look up the level editor mod for starts. this game is 9 years old and alot of the code has been discovered already. im just thinking youll benefit looking up what others have found before trying to organize a mass thread for new discoveries
ok, on it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”