Adding the new armors to outfitters.

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
cammando205
Creature
Creature

Adding the new armors to outfitters.

Unread post by cammando205 »

I was playing around in Sporemaster yesterday, and I was wondering if there is by chance a way to add some of the darkspore parts(The armor and masks in particular) to the outfitters. Thanks in advance. EDIT: Also, how can I add "extra" abilities? In sporemaster if I open DI I can see prop files for new spit levels, etc... How are those added? Is it just a matter of opening the unpacked file in explorer and creating new XMLs or is it more involved?

Semper Vigilins: Always Vigilant
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Adding the new armors to outfitters.

Unread post by rob55rod »

Is this a mod request, or are you asking someone to teach you how to do it...?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
cammando205
Creature
Creature

The latter. If it can be done using sporemaster then I can probably make the changes myself if someone can tell me how.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:The latter. If it can be done using sporemaster then I can probably make the changes myself if someone can tell me how.
Oh. Good. They always say "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him until he finds something else to eat or dies of mercury poisoning"... :lol:

Jokes aside, the "tribeaccesories_editor_palette~" folder (hash "#406B6BCA") holds the key. The only file present by default, "#9963824C.prop.xml", should look something like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<properties>
  <keys name="palettePalettePages">
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_hat" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_detail" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_chest" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_shoulder" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_mask" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_symbol" />
  </keys>
</properties>
To add new pages, you're going to want to copy that file into the same folder in a new mod and rename it to something different. Then, you're going to want to remove all the key properties in "palettePalettePages". That's this part of the file:

<key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_hat" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_detail" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_chest" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_shoulder" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_mask" />
    <key groupid="accesories_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="ta_page_symbol" />
and copy these:

<key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_1" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_2" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_3" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_4" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_5" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_6" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_7" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_Darkspore-Bio-Cyber" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_Darkspore-Necro-Plasma" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_FeatureBloat" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_CoreSpore" />
into the "palettePalettePages" property in your file. Then just pack the mod and you should be good to go! And once it's done and tested and all that, if you intend to do so, you may as well release it right here: DI 9.r Extensions Subforum ^-^

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
cammando205
Creature
Creature

Thanks! I'm gonna try this out tonight. I made an attempt the other day to change the assembled content path from AccessorizedCreaturesTribal to Creatures but it didn't do anything. Thanks again for your help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Thanks! I'm gonna try this out tonight.
Alright, if you run into any trouble, feel free to ask!
cammando205 wrote:I made an attempt the other day to change the assembled content path from AccessorizedCreaturesTribal to Creatures but it didn't do anything.
I'm not sure that property is even used in the final game, I suspect it might be a leftover. I could be wrong though.
cammando205 wrote:Thanks again for your help!
No problem! ^-^

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Forgot to ask: What would I have to do differently if I want to make this for the DI9 stable version? Not that 9.r is bad, but I have some symptoms of OCD when it comes to graphic and animation glitches so I've been using the DI9 Stable version while I wait for the next beta release.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Forgot to ask: What would I have to do differently if I want to make this for the DI9 stable version? Not that 9.r is bad, but I have some symptoms of OCD when it comes to graphic and animation glitches so I've been using the DI9 Stable version while I wait for the next beta release.
Simple: Instead of

<key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_1" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_2" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_3" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_4" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_5" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_6" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Armor_7" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_Darkspore-Bio-Cyber" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_Darkspore-Necro-Plasma" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_FeatureBloat" />
    <key groupid="creature_editor_palette_pages~" instanceid="DI_Abilities_CoreSpore" />
, you'd have to deal with the old page names, which were basically ce_page_darkspore1 through ce_page_darkspore49. Might've gone past 49, idk. In any case, I'm not going to do that for you. The whole point of changing the names in 9.r was to improve the mod's extensibility. Besides, if you're bothered by the unfinishedness of the UI, just disable it. That's why the mod is componentized. There's no need to cling to DI 9, except maybe the camera bug.

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Don't worry, I won't ask you to sift through file names for me. If my comment was hurtful or pushy in any way you have my apologies. I like the component system by the way.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Don't worry, I won't ask you to sift through file names for me.
Normally I'd be happy to, but not when I would be shooting myself in the foot in doing so.
cammando205 wrote:If my comment was hurtful or pushy in any way you have my apologies.
It wasn't, it was just a blatant and presumably-unintended slap across the face :lol:
cammando205 wrote:I like the component system by the way.
:mrgreen:

cammando205
Creature
Creature

I'm glad you're not upset. I must have done something wrong because I followed the steps you outlined and it didn't work. I made it for DI9r since your original instructions use it. My "File Tree" in sporemaster looks like this(Show only modified files is checked):
animations~
part_models_mineral
part_models~
part_skin_textures~
#406B5BCA
-ArmorOutfitter.xml
-#9963824C.prop.xml

"ArmorOutfitter.xml" is the file that contains the changes, the other one is unaltered.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Actually I think I messed up - the above instructions only apply to the Villager Outfitter. I'll get you the other hashes ASAP. In the meantime, there shouldn't be any untouched files in the mod, so I recommend that you remove the original file.

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Ah. So my file tree would only include the modified version? Anyway I switched over to 9.r after I found a way to remove the part of it that's altering the bite graphic.
cammando205
Creature
Creature

I should probably mention: The original file has hashes rather than lettered names when I open it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Ah. So my file tree would only include the modified version?
Yes, no need to include an unedited file. Ever. Unless you're purposefully trying to override other mods, which you should really never set out to do except in very specific circumstances.
cammando205 wrote:Anyway I switched over to 9.r after I found a way to remove the part of it that's altering the bite graphic.
YeeY
cammando205 wrote:I should probably mention: The original file has hashes rather than lettered names when I open it.
As expected.

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Well for some reason it still isn't working. I removed the unedited file and tried multiple load orders but for some reason it still doesn't seem to do anything.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Well for some reason it still isn't working. I removed the unedited file and tried multiple load orders but for some reason it still doesn't seem to do anything.
What folder are you packing it to?

Also here are the names and hashes I forgot to give you earlier, for the other Outfitters:

accesories_editor_palette~
#406B6BC9

spaceaccesories_editor_palette~
#406B6BC8

captain_editor_palette~
#406B6BCB

captain_editor_palette2~
#406B6BCC

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Downloads. I named the package file "ArmorOutfitter".
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

cammando205 wrote:Downloads. I named the package file "ArmorOutfitter".
Well that's not going to do you any good. It has to be in your Data folder to actually do anything :lol:

cammando205
Creature
Creature

Oh it is. Downloads is where I saved the initial package.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”