What do you tend to do when making creatures?

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

What do you tend to do when making creatures?

Unread post by Shattered »

Title says most of it.

When you enter the creature creator specifically, What do your creatures tend to have in common?

For me, My creatures tend to have the Croc-kisser mouth paired with the Sing level 5 ability (From Dark injection, I believe) Mainly because that SONG! The reptile voice has the BEST level 5 sing! it's so beautiful that it makes me cry... (just kidding) I love it.
the odd balls of my creature creations have gigantic heads (made with limbs) and tiny eyes that are barely visible.

Let's compare!

Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: What do you tend to do when making creatures?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Interesting. Shame there aren't more threads like this...

Mine tend to feature mouths with unusual jaw placement. They also are usually either quadrapedal:
or somewhat humanoid-ish:

I also tend to rebuild my favorites in Sculptris and Blender:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

My creatures tend to have the radial or carnivorous jaw (reptile) mouths, and they usually are a muted, natural color with some sort of super bright color, or just very brightly colored. I often make my creatures with some sort of theme in mind.

Usually also my creatures tend to have a lot of bone armor plating and lumps or spikes on their backs.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

I noticed that I sometimes do the same thing you two do.

I usually make my creatures more neutral in color, a greyish blue, or green. and I either have them super humanoid or with 4 or 6 legs.
I also like making creatures that are long, slender, six legged, and slink around when they walk. I will post a video of what I mean.

It's REALLY Pixelated.. Nothing I can do about that.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abneVNCsN1k[/youtube]

Note from rob55rod:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Change the "https" to an "http", then use the [youtube] tag. Also, there's a tweak to boost recording quality, enable UI capture, etc.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

I forgot to mention that I also have a tendency to take the revamped Sculptris/Blender models and attempt to port them to TF2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSazuEHG27w[/youtube]

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:I forgot to mention that I also have a tendency to take the revamped Sculptris/Blender models and attempt to port them to TF2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSazuEHG27w[/youtube]
I saw that before! At first I thought that Infer'na was somehow peeing fire (which is why I said LOL) until I realized the hands. XD

I really like your character too. A very original idea.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:I saw that before! At first I thought that Infer'na was somehow peeing fire (which is why I said LOL) until I realized the hands. XD
I really need to learn to laugh at my own mistakes :?
GalacticSheldon wrote:I really like your character too. A very original idea.
Heh, thanks :3

Glad to see my concerns of being wrongly accused of ripping off the Flame Atronach were unwarranted...

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
GalacticSheldon wrote:I saw that before! At first I thought that Infer'na was somehow peeing fire (which is why I said LOL) until I realized the hands. XD

Glad to see my concerns of being wrongly accused of ripping off the Flame Atronach were unwarranted...
WHA? Infer'na is being compared to skyrim's Flame atronach? Weird.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

WHA? Infer'na is being compared to skyrim's Flame atronach? Weird.
I never said she HAS been, only that I was worried she might be in the future. Seems that's just my usual paranoia :lol:

Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote: I never said she HAS been, only that I was worried she might be in the future. Seems that's just my usual paranoia :lol:
I tend to worry about stuff too. Mainly when it involves my brother or someone in my family. Like when the next fight with them is going to happen.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GalacticSheldon wrote:
rob55rod wrote: I never said she HAS been, only that I was worried she might be in the future. Seems that's just my usual paranoia :lol:
I tend to worry about stuff too. Mainly when it involves my brother or someone in my family. Like when the next fight with them is going to happen.
Wow, really?

I often have similar concerns about my parents .-.

Wait...what does this have to do with creative habits? Not that it matters, just seemed hilariously irrelevant :lol:

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

If i had pictures of my creatures, I would post them. But sadly I don't have them on my chromebook (since I'm at school, though I will put 'em on my flashdrive soon)..

I tend to make bugs. I adore them. I also like making canine-like creatures, mostly quadrupeds.
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

spikd_telecaster wrote:If i had pictures of my creatures, I would post them. But sadly I don't have them on my chromebook (since I'm at school, though I will put 'em on my flashdrive soon)..

I tend to make bugs. I adore them. I also like making canine-like creatures, mostly quadrupeds.
Sweet. I like insects and bugs too.

I tend to do bipeds with a slouchy posture for Tribal and above. For creature stage, I do quadrupeds and Six legged creatures the most.
Thanks for killing me
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Awesome! I would love to see your creations. May I have your Spore account name, if that's alright with you? Mine is SkyTreeco (I was like eight when I made it) but I am almost never logged in when I make stuff so I dunno if any of my creations will show.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:I tend to make bugs. I adore them. I also like making canine-like creatures, mostly quadrupeds.
Have you ever tried both at the same time? :lol:

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Like an insect-dog kind of thing..? If so, yup :3
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:Like an insect-dog kind of thing..? If so, yup :3
OKAY I NEED TO SEE THAT :U

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

I SHALL SHOW YOU WHEN I AM ABLE TO UPLOAD THINGS; YOUR EXCITEMENT MAKES ME HAPPY :DD
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

I often make creatures from the Mario series, but aside from that, I like making birds the most out of any creatures. Likely because I just love birds in general.
Leviathan
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Leviathan »

I always make purple bipedal dragon men covered in spikes and cell jets on the sides mimicking jet engines for some reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”