Spore 2? / Spore Servers still down...

Sven.Littkowski
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Spore 2? / Spore Servers still down...

Unread postby Sven.Littkowski » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:27 pm

They said, it is only a "regular" small maintenance. That wouldn't take more than a few hours normally, even, if the entire computer system is being replaced. But still, after soon a week, the Spore servers are still down, and sharing is not anymore possible. I have some bad feelings about it. Maybe this is a way, to close down the active sharing feature of Spore, without causing general upraise. Let these "maintenance works" take forever...

I posted already about my "x.Sporepedia" project. I think, it is really time to have this in place, for the time it is needed by the remaining Spore community.

Also, do you believe the stories about a "Spore 2" coming up? The logo of the Spore forum website has been changed, it is showing now something small and yellow, instead of the blue round sign it had before. And EA is suddenly starting to legally prohibit some packages (mods) that extend the functions of Spore 1. See here:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/83350.page

Who has more information?
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Spore 2? / Spore Servers still down...

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Okay if EA comes here and tries to ban my mods, there's not much they can do. I'll copypaste all the code into a text format and post it here using the code tag.

There's no way that EA is gonna fully manage to screw up the fanbase using that method, their methods are flawed and ineffective.

I don't believe the spore 2 idea, EA already missed their opportunity to siphon customer's wallets on spore, I doubt that they are going to try and restart now.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sven.Littkowski
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Spore 2? / Spore Servers still down...

Unread postby Sven.Littkowski » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:34 am

Yes, after some long thinking about that matter, I carefully would share your view: there won't be a Spore 2. Not at least under this name, and not without first statements to the mass media in order to get potential buyers enthusiastic. And that did not happen.

I am also very, very sure, your mods are not affected. Most others not, as well. I am not really sure, why ForgottenSpore v2_9.package is under their attention. Maybe, game mechanics were copyrighted, too, and Forgotten Spore was becoming better than the original. or let's say, too good. Who knows, maybe someone puts ForgottenSpore v2_9.package as a torrent of worldwide anonymous download...

I am going to follow that thread on the Spore forum, and will try to get in touch with the Forgotten Spore developer(s) who ever they are.
Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game

Return to “General Discussion”