New editors found in Spore's files?!?!

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

New editors found in Spore's files?!?!

Unread post by eme12 »

So, I've been browsing Spore's files in SporeMaster today, trying to figure out how to mod the game a bit. I found some stuff that appears to be editors that I have yet to see any mention of on the official Spore wiki. They were all found underneath the file editor_setup~. I'm probably not the first to discover these as they weren't that hard to find so if you've also seen these and know a bit about them, I'd love to hear information about them. Also, if it turns out one of these editors is already in the game and has just been given a weird title in the files that confused me, I'm sorry.

mineraltemplate.prop.xml is the first file I'd like to talk about. It seems to be an editor they barely even worked on, just came up with the name and did an ounce of code for (at least that is in the final game).

Next up is globaltemplate.prop.xml. I have no clue what this is. Despite what one may think from the title, it seems like it could be a bit creature editor-like to me. It has a decent amount of code as well... I wonder if you can run it.

After the GlobalTemplate editor thingy is plannerthumbnailgen.prop.xml. It has very little code, like the mineral one.

I've also noticed a variation of the vehicle editor; an editor made for the unimplemented Harvester vehicle. It has as much code as the other editors, so this one could maybe be used like the global one.

I will inform you all if I find anything else of interest...

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: New editors found in Spore's files?!?!

Unread post by Vallachan »

Mineral template was not meant to be a functional editor, it is simply a template; a basis for the code of the "mineral" editors (geometric, like vehicles and buildings).

Global template wasn't either, it is also just template code for all the other editors.

Planner thumbnail gen is just a code file for generating the icons for the planner as the name suggests.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
eme12
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by eme12 »

Camßεn wrote:Mineral template was not meant to be a functional editor, it is simply a template; a basis for the code of the "mineral" editors (geometric, like vehicles and buildings).

Global template wasn't either, it is also just template code for all the other editors.

Planner thumbnail gen is just a code file for generating the icons for the planner as the name suggests.
That's a shame.

As for planner thumbnail gen, I figured that was what you said. I wasn't 100% sure though, so I decided to post it.

Also, I found another editor underneath a different file (I forget the name, I'll check later if you want). It is called the level editor. It has a lot of weird stuff mentioned as well (for example, it mentions monkeys and mini-bosses)...
cammando205
Creature
Creature

Unread post by cammando205 »

Harvesters were from Civ stage. Their purpose would be to claim the geysers. They were taken out because they were basically useless for anything else and the claiming function was given to all vehicles.
Semper Vigilins: Always Vigilant
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
cammando205
Creature
Creature

Unread post by cammando205 »

The "level editor" probably was an early version of the Adventure Editor that was cut so EA could release an expan- I mean, because of bugs.
Semper Vigilins: Always Vigilant
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”