Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score - Now Rebooted!

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Update for Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score

Unread post by GBAura »

Bumped to let people know about the changes to the project.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Good news - there's a YouTube to MP3 converter!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

Would it be too much to ask for the icon/covers of the songs you made for each album, and perhaps everything else, except the music you're not allowed to give out? (e.g track list?, property data of the music (so I can correctly convert them?))
And I must thank you so much for doing something a lot of us have waited so long for, even I tried recording the soundtrack (and managed to record all of Creatures DS, besides missing the rest of the Dance songs), but then you went and did this, as well as found new songs no one has heard before. Thank you so much.
I swear everything I'm typing must be stupid, and I must be stupid I have no idea who I am or what I do

EDIT: I meant to ask if anything I might have would be of importance...
For the main Spore soundrack, I tried recording some anthem creator beats, and got presumably some of the first and 7th.
For Creatures, I got 4 different Battle tunes, a few (more in number, compared to battle) dance tunes.
Eh, probably don't have anything you'd need or want, but because your work exists, I would like to contribute what I have if it'd help. (over skype or something?)
Formerly known as the homicidal-cup-of-whatever
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score Youtube Channel!

Unread post by GBAura »

Thanks for the comment, Hom1nc1dal! Yes, I'll give the cover art I'm using for the ripping kit I'll supply in the future. If you're a little impatient, I'll upload what I got on my Photobucket account as soon as I get back to it.

To make things a bit clear since I may not got that across in the first place, the only songs I'd offer with MP3 for now one is the procedural generated music. So songs like the editors, events, planet themes and anthems (the latter I may not rip due to it being customizable) should be OK to share since those are made by the game, not the composer*. Besides, this would save people time if they were to rip the music themselves.

I appreciate you wanting to contribute to this, but I think I got everything mostly settled by now. Still, if you have any ideas, let me know via PM. I don't use Skype and I don't like chatting to strangers with this method.

*Brian Eno is actually the person who designed the procedural generated music in the first place, so... this might be a pass?

EDIT: Here's the link for the album art. May upload better ones in the future:
http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/GBAur ... t=3&page=1

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

Thanks for the response, and the album art! Thank you again for being awesome and stuff! :mrgreen:
Spoiler
(in case you misunderstood my blah, the "beats" i was referring to were Image the green thingy in the top lefty, not the middely. ahergkjesrghejrklrj(which are like the editors music in that they randomize segments of stuff asfdsgfhgk;l)) not2b nasty or anything
EDIT: nice art/skethes
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Ah, I see what you mean. Sure, I'll rip those. I thought you meant the entire thing. x_x

Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

Sup! I hope I'm not causing any disruption, I'm curious how progress on the rest of the Spore UGS is going?
Plans to show us how to extract sounds for ourselves still in the future? (Cause I'd really like to get my hands on some Grox vocals, heh.)
...Or... would you happen to still upload SOME for download...? Or none at all now? (which is fine by me, and slightly dissapointing, but I ain't mad.) (I am mad that Creature Beach wasn't included in Spore Hero's Soundrack on iTunes.)
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I wasn't paying attention to it recently because I was super busy and got interested in Cave Story modding. Sorry about that. :(

I'm only sharing the editor music from the original PC game once I get around to it, as well as some sound cues that are a pain to rip (maybe the voice clips too, but that isn't really difficult to extract unlike others). The rest will go up on the YouTube channel. I considered sharing the iTunes music on the channel, though I don't think it's fair and not a lot of Spore fans got the chance to experience them because some tracks are different (Spore War is one good example, better than the game version, I'd say).

Also, yes, there will be a guide to demonstrate how to rip music in the future, but I'm only covering the original game because it's the easiest. The process on doing it for the spin-offs on the other hand? Absolutely brutal if you want to get it unaltered with no fades and what not.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:The process on doing it for the spin-offs on the other hand? Absolutely brutal if you want to get it unaltered with no fades and what not.
Wait, does that mean you've already ripped anything from Spore Hero?

If so, does that mean that the guide would include the process of installing the necessary applications onto one's Wii? (I've already soft-modded mine, if you hadn't guessed by my Spore Hero modding threads xD )

WAIT...

...if you're ripping music from Spore Hero's files, then...

...you're ripping stuff out...

...Emd and I are putting stuff in...

...why aren't the three (or arguably 2, I barely count) of us collaborating on both objectives?

...collaborating like that is a stupid idea, isn't it?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

rob55rod wrote: Wait, does that mean you've already ripped anything from Spore Hero?

If so, does that mean that the guide would include the process of installing the necessary applications onto one's Wii? (I've already soft-modded mine, if you hadn't guessed by my Spore Hero modding threads xD )

WAIT...

...why aren't the three (or arguably 2, I barely count) of us collaborating on both objectives?
I'm not covering the process on how to rip Spore Hero music, just the original PC games. It requires so much work that it's hard to do it all without going insane. To put it bluntly, the music Spore Hero uses is in MUS, which is the format EA uses for all their CD-based console games. Unlike BRSTM or AST, MUS can't be decoded, and still to this day no one is able to do it. Because of this, I had to record it traditionally. Also yeah, I prefer doing the rips solo. I'm really obsessed into keeping the quality of the rips consistent.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but the only music you could rip with a program in this format is one of older Need for Speed games, from what I've seen in other places. Even if you have a program to open MUS, it outputs it in this awful distorted noise. That would explain my progress on the game. Strangely, the AST music can't be decoded or played either, but that is for voice clips and ambiance (possibly sound effects too).

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Wait, does that mean you've already ripped anything from Spore Hero?

WAIT...

I'm not covering the process on how to rip Spore Hero music, just the original PC games. It requires so much work that it's hard to do it all without going insane. To put it bluntly, the music Spore Hero is in the MUS, which is the format EA uses for all their CD-based console games. Unlike BRSTM, EA MUS can't be decoded, and still to this day no one is able to do it. Because of this, I had to record it traditionally. Also yeah, I prefer doing the rips solo. I'm really obsessed into keeping the quality of the rips consistence.
Oh. Well then, I guess I can kiss the idea of custom music for Spore Hero hacks goodbye :(

And so, it was a stupid idea.

Well, I don't know if you care, but apparently Spore Hero's RPK files use a form of LZSS compression. Looky here for more info, because I have no idea what I'm even talking about.

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

As a fair question, is the opening music used in some Maxis-made Spore videos in the game files at all, as in the jingle featured in the video below?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHEFN6_zQg[/youtube]

(The music in question is between 0:03 and 0:10, if you don't know what I'm talking about)
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Peenut2k7 wrote:As a fair question, is the opening music used in some Maxis-made Spore videos in the game files at all, as in the jingle featured in the video below?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKHEFN6_zQg[/youtube]

(The music in question is between 0:03 and 0:10, if you don't know what I'm talking about)
That jingle wasn't in the game data, but I ripped it from the "Making of Spore" DVD. Might use it for the trailer to advertise the channel once the entire thing is d-

Did I say that out loud!? :o

Edit: Feb 9th, 2015
rob55rod wrote: Oh. Well then, I guess I can kiss the idea of custom music for Spore Hero hacks goodbye :cry:
Well, that is, for now. Maybe someday someone will find a way to open them. When it happens, be warned that the music is actually in sections, not streamed, so it'll be require work to put custom music in the game. What I mean is it will have multiple sound files of one song. For instance, the social minigames are chopped out because they are coded to play a part when it grabs a sound file, without it, it'll soft lock the game. Also, if it lags or run too fast, the results will get crazy.

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Guys, I'll be updating the channel again in just a few moments. If for some reason you'd like to see the upcoming album art I used for the videos, you can see them on my deviantART page.

http://gbaura.deviantart.com/gallery/

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:a few moments.
Geez, longest moments ever xD

Did something go wrong?

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

rob55rod wrote: Geez, longest moments ever xD

Did something go wrong?
Yes. Technical issues. AVS Video Editor is starting to hate me. :x
I normally use Movie Studio Platinum for the OST and use AVS to make them smaller, but now the latter is not accepting AVI files that are rendered with Lagarith codec (that is, if they're 50 MB or bigger).
I'm switching to WMV to bypass that problem. Now it should be up sometime today. I promise that won't happen again. X_X

Edit: The Cell Stage Videos are now up.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Yay, microbial madness music! Woooooooo!!!

...I will never forget the time I got that song, "Primordial Soup for Dinner" playing in the editor. Camßεn showed that here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htDQZ5hfJxM[/youtube]

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

rob55rod wrote:Yay, microbial madness music! Woooooooo!!!

...I will never forget the time I got that song, "Primordial Soup for Dinner" playing in the editor. Camßεn showed that here:
I don't think that was from the soundtrack, the first part of the music just looped continuously. He might've ripped it himself.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Yay, microbial madness music! Woooooooo!!!

I don't think that was from the soundtrack, the first part of the music just looped continuously. He might've ripped it himself.
Well, that's how it works in the editor. I remember him hinting at using it in an editor shortly after I gave hime the hash, so...that's highly unlikely.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Yea I just used sporemaster to guess the name of a hash splitwirez gave me and used that :P
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”