Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score - Now Rebooted!

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score - Now Rebooted!

Unread post by GBAura »

Remember that thread I made "Teaser at the Next Best Thing"? Well, here's what I was hinting at. It's been half a decade since the game has been released, EAxis didn't offer it from it like they usually do, and people said it couldn't be done. Well, they were wrong! Introducing...

What is Spore: UGS?

It's a fan-made release containing all the music from the game we all know and love! Now that I can no longer upload MP3's, I decided to take the safe option and upload the tracks on Youtube. Still, I still can't believe I pulled this off given to how enormous the soundtrack is!

Here's the link to the channel, Screeble approved!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnCa72u ... ooVtmb38A/

Progress:
Spoiler
Stage ??: Prototype Music
~Uploaded!

Stage 0: Menu and Misc.
~Uploaded!

Stage 1: Cell Phase
~ Uploaded!

Stage 2: Creature Phase
~ Uploaded!

Stage 3: Tribal Phase
~ Uploaded!

Stage 4: Civilization Phase
~Pretty much done

Stage 5: Space Phase
~Pretty much done

Stage 6: Galactic Adventures
~Pretty much done

Stage iOS: Origins & Creatures
~Uploaded!

Stage NDS: Creatures
~Put aside for now, barely had any tracks due to re-recording
~Version 1

Stage Wii: Spore Hero *
Coming soon
~Pretty much done (this is the hardest one to rip yet!)

Stage NDS: Hero Arena
Coming soon
~All songs ripped
~Will not release it until Spore Hero is up

Stage Void: Darkspore *
Coming soon
~Pretty much done
~Not yet released
Version/Update History:
Spoiler
Sept 7th, 2014 - Stable Release featuring Prototype and Menu Music. Good for Spore's 6th Anniversary.
Sept 8th, 2014 - Released Mobile music and updated the Prototype music to include a ReadMe file.
Sept 10th, 2014 - Updated the Prototype Music (again) with an updated ReadMe file. That one had outdated info regarding the music hosting. Sorry for the confusion!
Sept 19th, 2014 - Added the music for the Cell Stage and the incomplete versions of the Creature and Tribal Phase after a week from updates (nice going there, Aura). Apparently two days ago it was my third anniversary on joining the site! (Hooray.)
Oct 13th, 2014 - After overcoming my depression and Thanksgiving, the incomplete version of the Civilization Phase is up live! Disappointed? We later added beta releases of Space, Galactic Adventures and Creatures!
Also added notes to show how the project is progressing.
Oct 23rd, 2014 - Released updated (not finished) versions of Space and GA music. Updated the list with version titles. I will be on hiatus for a bit.
Oct 29th, 2014 - Updated the original post with less clutter. It really needed it.
Nov 4th, 2014 - Updated the header.
Nov 15th, 2014 - Did some general updates to the post, linked to my website and uploaded upcoming MP3's.
Nov 26th - Nov 27th - Set the soundtrack offline until further notice. Refer to the top of the post.
Dec 7th, 2014 - Changed plans to no longer offer MP3 releases and upload the tracks on Youtube instead.
Dec 13th, 2014 - Uploaded the first set of music on the channel.
Dec 16th - 17th, 2014 - Uploaded Mobile and Menu music.
Feb 10th, 2015 - After a two month hiatus and overcoming technical issues, the channel is updated again with Cell Stage music!
Feb 19th, 2015 - Uploaded a test video showcasing future songs.
April 23th, 2015 - After another LONG hiatus, the Creature Stage has been uploaded! (Well, the day after.)
April 25th, 2015 - Uploaded the Tribal Phase music. I'm on a roll!
August 8th, 2015 - After a hiatus, the Civilization Stage music has been uploaded! Stay tuned for the City Beats!
August 18th, 2015 - Finally, the Space Stage (excluding two tracks) has been uploaded! The rest of the tracks were uploaded a day later!
August 25th, 2015 - Galactic Adventures is up!
December 25th, 2016 - MP3's have been re-released and UGS is being rebooted!

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I have no words to describe my emotions other than smiley spam, but I'm not that kind of person. I'll just give you this, instead. You're awesome. :D

Sept. 8th Update: Admittedly, Spore Origins doesn't have that good a soundtrack from what I'm hearing... but Creatures has a really nice one. Also, I'm going to update this with my thoughts every time you update.

Favorite Tracks thus far:
Your Own Personal Universe (Stage 0/Menu) (Need I explain?)
Riot in the Wilderness (Stage Beta) (It's the Willosaur hunting song, how can you go wrong?)
Natural Instincts (Stage Mobile/iOS) (It doesn't get good up until about 15 seconds in, but it's worth it... for me, anyway)
Go to Cell! (Stage 1/Cell) (It's a really nice suspense track. Among the best in the game, to be honest.)
Also Spore Zarathustra (Stage 2/Creature) (It's a good music piece, and one of the many fun little sci-fi references Will and his team put in. What more can I say?)
Our First Neighbours (Stage 3/Tribal) (I like the rhythm in this one. Nice track, Ben.)
Gearing Up for War (Stage 4/Civilization) (Sadly, the Civ Stage doesn't have a very good soundtrack. So, this track is just... okay.)
Space War (Stage 5/Space) (I like war themes. A lot. Especially good war themes, like this one.)
Evolve (Stage DS/Creatures) (Funnily enough, as someone who's only played the flash demo on the Spore website, I initially though that the theme in the actual game was going to be the theme used there. Also, while I like the tune... the music literally hurts my brain!)

Dishonorable Mentions:
Yep, least favorite tracks. Only three this time around.
Nearly all of Spore Origins (Stage Mobile/iOS) (For some reason, I don't find myself liking these tracks. Maybe it's just not epic enough?)
Pulled Under (Stage 2/Creature) (It's a very creepy track... enough for me to dislike it. But compared to the one below...)
Back To The Ground (Stage 3/Tribal) (Well, I know what's going to star in my nightmares tonight!)
Conversion Process (Stage 4/Civilization) (Not particularly a bad track, but... I don't really consider it a track in my eyes, so it gets put here.)
What The Grox (Stage 5/Space) (This is the only one here to get the 'So Bad it's Good' title! As for the song itself... it's... certainly something.)
The Wiltered Paradise, Baysee (Stage DS/Creatures) (Dunno, it's just not particularly memorable to me.)

Also, I'm not going to get the one for Galactic Adventures until it's finished.
Last edited by Peenut2k7 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Miniflip »

hte bets ting snese 19922.
Spoiler
:D :D :D
Favorite track: A Universe In Your Hands
atpfreitas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by atpfreitas »

Wow! This is great, thanks! Keep the amazing work :D

My favorite track is A Scrapbook Of the Past. I never noticed how good is the timeline music! Of course, Your Own Personal Universe and A Universe in Your Hands are incredible as well.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

How is everything going? You haven't updated in a short while.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I haven't forgotten it, I'm feeling depressed lately because I screwed over my Spore data and got stuck in a personal rut (not to mention, I was playing Smash Bros 4 to cheer myself up). I just woke up feeling refreshed so I'm getting back to it. However, I'll confirm a few things. Most of the Space and Galactic Adventures music has been ripped so it should come a bit quicker when the other steps are up, and 75% of the Creature and Tribal Stage music is already complete. The spinoff games (excluding Spore Hero for the Wii, I lost the BIN image) has been covered so it should come sometime soon.

I can't guarantee there's a update today but don't worry, I would never abandon what I just promised to you guys. I'm doing this OST rip because it's something I want to do since the creators refused to do anything about it. However, I don't blame them nor other people for not attempting to do this, the entire soundtrack has about 800 songs! 800! D:

I have to say I really like the post you did for covering your favourite and least favourite tracks. If you thought the music for the iOS games was disappointing, the NDS version of Spore Creatures may not help, although that game has more energized ambient music, it has the worst editor theme in the entire series IMO. Also, if you want to have nightmares for good, check the unused version of some of the jingles I found (including the alternative version of the Tribal death theme).

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

I'm really excited about this! If it helps, all of Spore Hero's files can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kiu86 ... roRPKs.zip
and here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u55z9 ... ngElse.zip
Uploaded for other purposes by me, now re-purposed for you. Hope it helps!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

GBAura wrote:I haven't forgotten it, I'm feeling depressed lately because I screwed over my Spore data and got stuck in a personal rut (not to mention, I was playing Smash Bros 4 to cheer myself up). I just woke up feeling refreshed so I'm getting back to it. However, I'll confirm a few things. Most of the Space and Galactic Adventures music has been ripped so it should come a bit quicker when the other steps are up, and 75% of the Creature and Tribal Stage music is already complete. The spinoff games (excluding Spore Hero for the Wii, I lost the BIN image) has been covered so it should come sometime soon.

I can't guarantee there's a update today but don't worry, I would never abandon what I just promised to you guys. I'm doing this OST rip because it's something I want to do since the creators refused to do anything about it. However, I don't blame them nor other people for not attempting to do this, the entire soundtrack has about 800 songs! 800! D:

I have to say I really like the post you did for covering your favourite and least favourite tracks. If you thought the music for the iOS games was disappointing, the NDS version of Spore Creatures may not help, although that game has more energized ambient music, it has the worst editor theme in the entire series IMO. Also, if you want to have nightmares for good, check the unused version of some of the jingles I found (including the alternative version of the Tribal death theme).
800 songs? That must be quite a bit of pressure on you, buddy! It's great to know you're okay, and that the project is still active... but I'm most curious for the unused jingles. I'm assuming you're going to update the 'Prototype Music' download with them inside?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Rob55Rod: Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately I can't find the song files anywhere (aside from the cinematic and opening). On my old BIN file, I found the BRSTM files (or .AST? Can't remember) but I can't rip it and WinAMP can't play the song right. Maybe I'll extract the data off my own disk and look again.

Peenut2K7: The amount of songs was an estimate, but it might be around 500 or less. Yeah, that's why it was stressful for me to deal with this project. I have to admit I was working on this for at least a year and improving upon it up until now. You won't believe the different methods I have to use to rip each song depending on the platform!

The "Unused Jingles" wasn't really from the 2005 prototype, things like sound effects (yes, even music) that were in the game during development only for it to get dropped. If I did find a song that WAS heard in the prototype, I'd update that. If I don't have proof, I'll just add it to the upcoming albums. There's quite a few interesting ones that explains some of the odd quirks in the later development cycles of the game. However, I DID find some sound effects that are from the 2006 AND 2005 version, but I may add them as bonus content.

While we're on this subject, there's something I need to tell you, that is if you don't want to be spoiled.
Spoiler
There IS unused music in these games! Wait until the later albums as it uncovers what's been hiding under of hood of Spore!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:Rob55Rod: Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately I can't find the song files anywhere (aside from the cinematic and opening). On my old BIN file, I found the BRSTM files (or .AST? Can't remember) but I can't rip it and WinAMP can't play the song right. Maybe I'll extract the data off my own disk and look again.
The music ASTs are in [Location of File Dump]\audio\rwac\aems

(I just looked there in the files I linked to, and that's where they are)

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Rob, I don't want to sound like THAT person, but there's no audio folder in the upload you gave me. It's alright, I ripped the ISO image off the game again but I'm having problems. I assume that the music data is in the .MUS file (a format used by Electronic Arts), but if I try to rip the data it becomes distorted. Think you can help or something?

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

GBAura wrote:Rob, I don't want to sound like THAT person, but there's no audio folder in the upload you gave me. It's alright, I ripped the ISO image off the game again but I'm having problems. I assume that the music data is in the .MUS file (a format used by Electronic Arts), but if I try to rip the data it becomes distorted. Think you can help or something?
Who is THAT person?
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

It's no one in particular. I meant if I was acting very rude. Sorry about that.

Edit: Never mind about asking for help, I found an exploit that may help me rip the music from Spore Hero.

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Even though I put "What The Grox" under Dishonorable Mentions, I think it's a really unintentionally funny track. I see it as Old Sage from Spore Hero singing... whatever that was.

On another note, was that track actually used in the game itself, or did you just slip it into the beta version of the folder because it's so... weird?

EDIT: Well, I got the Galactic Adventures one... and... why was Aspiring Heroes cut out of the final product? Stuff like this is why someone should make a mod to restore certain things cut out of the final game(s).
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

The "What The Grox" song is used as the city theme for those mechanical gremlins. The deal is that you can't hear because The Grox will eventually chase you (which plays the Space War theme). The only way to hear it is either allying with them or enter into their territory for the first time and hang around the city for a bit. I still don't know what's the deal with that song, but I often like to joke around saying it's Glad I'm Coming Home if it was sung by them.

Why are some of the tunes for Galactic Adventures was cut I have no idea, it's the same deal with the "Transmission" alien diplomacy theme I found. The most likely explanation is that there's no file for GA to read to make it selectable as I can't find one for it, or it was removed by Maxis themselves and was meant to be added later in future patches. Either way, I'm pretty proud of that discovery.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:The most likely explanation is that there's no file for GA to read to make it selectable as I can't find one for it, or it was removed by Maxis themselves and was meant to be added later in future patches.
Don't know of the song, but you've got the principal right. There's no PROP for the audio track. It's like if you have a part_model, with no PROP for it. It isn't going to magically have stats, a price, and all that stuff. It needs a PROP file. Good thing SporeMaster converts those to XML and back automagically.

Wow, this post was pointless...

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Download Spore Music with Spore: Unofficial Galactic Sco

Unread post by GBAura »

Hey guys, it's been a month since any real updates, but I want to inform you that I just launched my website to host Spore: UGS in the near future. I also decided to upload random finished MP3's from the games I ripped to hold you over until then.

For now on, I'll upload larger steps to finish the project a bit faster than expected. What I mean is that I'll finish the main game and then finish the spin-offs in one huge update. My reasoning isn't exactly something I can explain properly (it's meant to be a benefit between me and community), but it'll help Spore: UGS be closer to completion. The big updates aren't happening now, but it may occur before the holidays. I can't guarantee it, but that's my goal at the moment.

Without further rambling, I'll see you soon!

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

...why does the Darkspore elevator theme sound so much like a theme song to a Sims 1 expansion pack?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Oh snap! You're right! It's actually the "Now Entering" track from that game! I dunno why that's in Darkspore to begin with, considering the game mostly uses dubstep music. :|
Well, there's a track I might get rid of when the album goes up due to it being sold on iTunes. It's normally a tradition for Maxis to reuse some of their songs in other games, but I don't know why they'd put it in if it isn't going to be used in the game (or so I think, I haven't played it that much).

GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I can't decide between Pangu and Baysee, but I think Pangu might win.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”