Collada Export: Vehicles & Spaceships?

Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Collada Export: Vehicles & Spaceships?

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

1: No, that cheat doesn't work. But you somebody of OGRE export a creature searching its .xml code. Maybe it's the same for Buildings.....
2: You have to use the comand Import If it doesn't work, you can open in Blender, setting File/Import/COLLADA (.dae)

p.d
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postby p.d » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

You can use sporehack to open vehicle and buildings in the creature editor and then export them from there. You won't be able to see the original textures though, as they turn usually turn black or have big random splotches.

p.d
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postby p.d » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:06 pm

SvenLittkowski wrote:Well, at least I get then the structure. That's a begin. Thanks.

I knew once how to get non-creatures into the creature editor, but have forgotten it. I remember, that there was some program which was freezing some memory values when you switched between the editors. Can you give me here again a brief description? Thanks.

The easiest way would be with Sporehack program. There used to be a working download for it on Sporebase, but it looks like it's broken. Just check google I'm sure it's still out there.

Return to “General Discussion”