The GateKeeper
The GateKeeper
First Class
First Class

Spore is Dead

Unread postby MinionJoe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:57 am

And Halo: Reach has killed it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20016658-17.html

Halo: Reach had $200 million in sales its first day. At $60 a pop, that's well over 3 million copies.

That's more copies that Spore sold. For all titles. Across all platforms. In two years.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Spore is Dead

Unread postby Davo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:37 am

i never play halo. i bought it once to see the hype. sold it a month later. i gave the map maker a try. it was fun. but i dont play fps games, and i hate moon jump. i am an rts player at heart.

i also enjoy 3rd person games. oblivion and fallout are the best and support the community as well as modding. hopefully i can get enough cash to get civilization v. that game looks epic. and have been researching the developer to community responses, and i am impressed. also the modding development is incorporated into the game. simply amazing!
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

MinionJoe
The GateKeeper
The GateKeeper
First Class
First Class

Unread postby MinionJoe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:53 am

With the exception of Borderlands, I don't play FPS games either. ;)

I usually prefer turn-based strategy games (Civilization, Galactic Civilizations), but I'm really liking Dawn of War II. Probably because they stripped out base-building and focused the game on squad-based tactical combat.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:15 pm

yes, borderlands was a fun game to mod on my xbox. i created shields with 3000+ power. and made a flame thrower. it was really a rhino barrel and a shotgun mixed with dove pistle parts so it never ran out of ammo. rhino missiles, i believe, were misiles that never stopped exploding. so they looked like flame throwers. but this is all on xbox. and they patched its, sorta. now you can only mod guns from the same manufacturer. unless you unpatch your game. last time i played bnorderlands, i was stuck in one of madd moxxis(or whoever she was) 20 waves of 5 rounds per wave. oh my fucking god! i had to leave the house and let a friend finish, it was a coop game we were playing and i wanted to die at round 85. even with all my cool weapons. i made a shotgun that could launch your team mates across the map. like 5 shotgun barrels and a handle and poof, your buddy is half way across the screen! lol, those were the days.

frontlines is my favorite, well second fav, FPS game. and it allows pc users to compete against xbox users. google that stuff.
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Return to “General Discussion”