Steam Force Save (TWEAK)(NO HACKS/MODS)(FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!)

Davo's Released Mods, and Some Unreleased. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. No harm can come from trying, as long as you've made a backup.
jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 pm

jnevels89 wrote:Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.

Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:29 pm

rob55rod wrote:
jnevels89 wrote:Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.

Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!



I appreciate the quick feedback however I am not able to delete the original .txt files and I feel like I'm going in circles. Can you explain how to delete .txt files then? This is whats preventing me from adding the ones with the added codes.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:44 pm

jnevels89 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
jnevels89 wrote:Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.

Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!



I appreciate the quick feedback however I am not able to delete the original .txt files and I feel like I'm going in circles. Can you explain how to delete .txt files then? This is whats preventing me from adding the ones with the added codes.

Are you logged in as an administrator? You need administrator privileges to delete, add, or modify files in that folder.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:54 pm

rob55rod wrote:
jnevels89 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!



I appreciate the quick feedback however I am not able to delete the original .txt files and I feel like I'm going in circles. Can you explain how to delete .txt files then? This is whats preventing me from adding the ones with the added codes.

Are you logged in as an administrator? You need administrator privileges to delete, add, or modify files in that folder.


yes I assume so because I'm the only user of this computer and it says the account is "administrator". Am I supposed to be running the command prompt? Here's what's weird. I have a version of Spore that I purchased from Origin and can delete those .txt files but I have a separate version of Galactic Heroes and cannot delete those files whatsoever. Does having that info help you asses as to what the problem may be?

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:59 pm

i did run the command prompt and activated the hidden administrator but it's still not letting me delete it.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:03 pm

jnevels89 wrote:i did run the command prompt and activated the hidden administrator but it's still not letting me delete it.

Rename it instead?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:17 pm

Never mind I just give up. If I could rename the files I wouldn't be having this problem in the first place. When I try to save the changes I made to the .txt files it says that it cant be saved here and to save them somewhere else. SO I saved them in another folder but cant delete the originals although I have administrative privileges. I attached pictures if that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:54 pm

jnevels89 wrote:Never mind I just give up. If I could rename the files I wouldn't be having this problem in the first place. When I try to save the changes I made to the .txt files it says that it cant be saved here and to save them somewhere else. SO I saved them in another folder but cant delete the originals although I have administrative privileges. I attached pictures if that helps

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MODIFY THE FILES ON THE DISK???

That would explain it. You're supposed to modify the versions on your hard drive :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:06 pm

I don't quite understand? What am I doing wrong then? I have 3 pathways and tried modifying them all. 1) Windows/Program files(x86)/Origin Games/ Spore/Data /Config , 2) Windows/Program files(x86)/ Electronic Arts/ SPORE-EP 1/Data/Config , 3)DVD Drive(D:) SPORE_EP1/Spore/ Data/ Config

None of these methods fixes the no save problem.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:23 pm

jnevels89 wrote:
I don't quite understand? What am I doing wrong then? I have 3 pathways and tried modifying them all. 1) Windows/Program files(x86)/Origin Games/ Spore/Data /Config , 2) Windows/Program files(x86)/ Electronic Arts/ SPORE-EP 1/Data/Config , 3)DVD Drive(D:) SPORE_EP1/Spore/ Data/ Config

None of these methods fixes the no save problem.

Wait, what version of Spore are you using? Disk?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 pm

I have just regular version of Spore through Origin/EA but got the "free" versions of Galactic Heroes and the Creepy Cute Parts pack. No disc direct download

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:50 pm

jnevels89 wrote:I have just regular version of Spore through Origin/EA but got the "free" versions of Galactic Heroes and the Creepy Cute Parts pack. No disc direct download

Oh. In that case, you should probably be looking in

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore Galactic Adventures\Data\Config
...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

jnevels89
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby jnevels89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:54 pm

I didnt buy Galactic Adventures through EA though and I think that may be the problem. I manually installed it years later from a different source. Maybe I cant edit .txt files on cracked software.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3772
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:57 pm

jnevels89 wrote:I didnt buy Galactic Adventures through EA though and I think that may be the problem. I manually installed it years later from a different source. Maybe I cant edit .txt files on cracked software.

Yeah, that would probably do it. Some cracks are just...like that. I suggest you try the Force Save mod, instead of this tweak. It might still work. If not, perhaps you should consider paying $40 or whatever it is now to actually buy the DLCs on Origin .______.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Weiniebut
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby Weiniebut » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:54 am

OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!

Kyuuna
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:16 am

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby Kyuuna » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:48 pm

er I hope I'm not necroposting but I tried this fix and it still tells me I can't save the mod parts on a critter the force save mod didn't help either

Edit: I am running Spore on Steam without Galactic Adventures but I have the C+C parts pack

Edit 2: I WOULD buy GA off steam if I had the money for it but I do not...

User avatar
SporeTopia1337
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: OK Thatsabit, Creepy US

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby SporeTopia1337 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Yes, it worked for me (did it a year ago), and it was super useful. Just a quick side note, your dir. is for the origin version. The steam version is
32 bit system C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\DataEP1\Config
64 bit system C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\DataEP1\Config
Hope that helps for confused people. :ga:
What do you call a boat with a showcase? A galleyry. :roll:

User avatar
Chox456
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby Chox456 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:16 pm

How can I allow my non-steam spore to save modded creations? :cry: :di:

User avatar
Chox456
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread postby Chox456 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:19 pm

How can i save modded creations in a non steam spore? Force save is not working


Return to “Davo's Spore Mods”