Steam Force Save (TWEAK)(NO HACKS/MODS)(FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!)

Davo's Released Mods. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. Many of these mods may be obsolete after 2017.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Roborex wrote:Alright thanks for the link!
No problem ^-^

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
123honey1
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread post by 123honey1 »

MunchKeens
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Steam Force Save (TWEAK)(NO HACKS/MODS)(FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!)

Unread post by MunchKeens »

omg thank you! :DD
Andreas Nylleri Moon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Andreas Nylleri Moon »

Okay when I try to change the config in my spore data folder I get a message box that pops up and says Access Denied, What the hell do I do?!

Edit: I found out why it wasn't working I have both the Steam and the disc version installed. The disc version doesn't want to uninstall even if I have the disc in my disc drive. and I tried to edit the Disc version of spore instead of the steam version.
Andreas Nylleri Moon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Okay new problem... I don't have the SPORE_EP1 folder. I have data_EP1 though what do I do though?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Andreas Nylleri Moon wrote:Okay when I try to change the config in my spore data folder I get a message box that pops up and says Access Denied, What the hell do I do?!

Edit: I found out why it wasn't working I have both the Steam and the disc version installed. The disc version doesn't want to uninstall even if I have the disc in my disc drive. and I tried to edit the Disc version of spore instead of the steam version.
Well regardless of which version you modify, you'll need to run your text editor with Administrator privileges, or save the modified file to a location where normal users have write permissions, then copy it back to \Data\Config.

Andreas Nylleri Moon wrote:Okay new problem... I don't have the SPORE_EP1 folder. I have data_EP1 though what do I do though?
Steam Spore has a weird folder layout. I wrote a guide to understanding it and how it correlates to the Origin and retail versions, which you can find here: The Ultimate Data Folder guide.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Andreas Nylleri Moon
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
Andreas Nylleri Moon wrote:Okay when I try to change the config in my spore data folder I get a message box that pops up and says Access Denied, What the hell do I do?!

Well regardless of which version you modify, you'll need to run your text editor with Administrator privileges, or save the modified file to a location where normal users have write permissions, then copy it back to \Data\Config.

Andreas Nylleri Moon wrote:Okay new problem... I don't have the SPORE_EP1 folder. I have data_EP1 though what do I do though?
Steam Spore has a weird folder layout. I wrote a guide to understanding it and how it correlates to the Origin and retail versions, which you can find here: The Ultimate Data Folder guide.
Alright I followed the instruction and it works now, Thank you for the help.
Bergonze
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Bergonze »

:di:
For 2 months of playing Spore, and I got bored because of the limitatios of the parts so I decided to find a mods and I found this DI, but when I installed it, there is annoying qoute that pop ups; "The creation can not be saved" but I get rid of this by pressing Ctrl+Shift+C and typing "prop disableValidation true"
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Wait you can toggle Steam Force Save during a game session...!?

HOLY SOMETHING

Sigur
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sigur »

OKAY WAIT WHAT
I HAVE FORCE SAVE BUT GOOD ON YA MATE FOR FINDING THAT
I used to make dragons, but now I make just about everything. Huge thanks to rob55rod and CamBen for their hard work on their part mods, which make my pastime a lot more interesting.
norla
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by norla »

I don't understand why but I had this working a while ago but I had to reinstall it for some reason. I did it in the exact same way but it still won't save. Please help.
-Norla
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Post your ConfigManager.txt and Properties.txt here, each in a separate

Code: Select all

[code]
tag.

wingedMayhem
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by wingedMayhem »

Hello! ;Im sorta new here, but i tried everything listed here!
I have the origin copy of spore, and a disc copy of GA! I first tried the regular force save mod, it wasn't working.
Then i tried what this post said. at first i did it wrong, but then i corrected it. still nothing.
Then i copy pasted from the code of someone who did get it to work! but it still didn't for me!
I lastly added !!!!!!_ before the force save package name!
Is it because i have Mac? because I'm pretty sure i saved and that its in the right folder!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

What folder did you install the package into? (Also I should note that there's an additional step involved on OS X/macOS, to do with the terminal...I don't recall the exact means, but IIRC it was something about marking the package as readable or something?)

wingedMayhem
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by wingedMayhem »

Here's where i put it! ill search around for the extra step! thank you for informing me about it!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

wingedMayhem wrote:Image
Here's where i put it!
That looks like you put it in the Creepy and Cute Data folder...mods go in the GA Data folder, unless the mod's author or instructions specify otherwise.

wingedMayhem wrote:ill search around for the extra step! thank you for informing me about it!
No problem. Also, if you do figure out what exactly the extra step is, PLEASE let me know what you found.

OctoSharkTasaurus
Cell
Cell

Unread post by OctoSharkTasaurus »

This is reviving an old post, this does not work for me. Which is extremely frustrating.
Spoiler
Why are you reading this? Go back to the post. Image
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

Unread post by theparishofspacedust »

OctoSharkTasaurus wrote:This is reviving an old post, this does not work for me. Which is extremely frustrating.
In a post on the previous page there's a link to the ForceSave package file, which is a good alternative in case this doesn't work. Have a go, I've just downloaded it for :di: with the Origin update and I'm about to test it out.
MidKight2942
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MidKight2942 »

I seen stuff about Force Save Mod but i dont know what it does and i dont have galactic adventures do i need that for mods? i am new to modding for spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MidKight2942 wrote:I seen stuff about Force Save Mod but i dont know what it does and i dont have galactic adventures do i need that for mods? i am new to modding for spore
Force Save does what it says on the tin, and yes, you do need GA.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Davo's Mods”