Dark Injection Sporepedia Creature Pack!

Davo's Released Mods. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. Many of these mods may be obsolete after 2017.
Kajtas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Dark Injection Sporepedia Creature Pack!

Unread post by Kajtas »

Well, now i have diffirent problem. starting spore GA freezes my game, when installing the creatures. Help!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Kajtas wrote:Well, now i have diffirent problem. starting spore GA freezes my game, when installing the creatures. Help!
Are you using Windows 8 or later? If so, I think I know exactly the problem...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kajtas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kajtas »

No, i'm using Windows 7.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kajtas wrote:No, i'm using Windows 7.
Okay, that's only a bit extremely weird...

...hmm, I'd say my idea is probably still worth a shot.
Here it is:
1) Copy all your creations (C:/Users/YOURUSERNAME/My Spore Creations), save files (%appdata%/SPORE), and installed mods to a backup folder.
2) Uninstall the entire game set.
3) Reinstall Core Spore ONLY. DO NOT INSTALL ANY PATCHES OR DLCS.
4) Restore the backups of your creations and save data to their original locations. Also, you may want to add those creatures from the pack here.
5) Reinstall all of your mods to your CORE SPORE data folder.
6) Launch Core Spore. Let it update its content database if necessary, then close it once it finishes. DO NOT attempt to do anything in the game.
7) Install other stuff in this order: C&C>GA>Patch 5.1 (DO NOT INSTALL BOT PARTS/PATCH 6. EVER.).
8) Move your mods back to their intended locations.
9) Enjoy! C:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kajtas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kajtas »

I did all you said, it doesn't work still :/ i didin't had C&C but i installed at the step 7. And it also broke my entire game :/ i just can't play it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kajtas wrote:I did all you said, it doesn't work still :/ i didin't had C&C but i installed at the step 7. And it also broke my entire game :/ i just can't play it.
k then, I have no idea what to say, other than "ditch the creatures" :Y

yammee
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by yammee »

It seems that whenever I try to drag a creature in it says "This creature cannot be loaded." I don't know if it's because my C&C isn't working, or is just an issue with the game or maybe I modded wrong. I am dragging them into the editor, and have tried the sporepedia.
Running Win10.
I also noticed that one specific creature likes to freeze my game and still not load. Or crash it.

I'm right clicking these and hitting "save as...", and it gives me a "File" and not .png.
So, I change them to .png and it still fails to work.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I had that problem too. It's ok to save them as an "unknown file", as long as you have DI installed it should still recognize them. for some reason renaming the file invalidates it and SPORE won't recognize it anymore.

I can't help with the creature that crashes your game, you may want to avoid that one.
HolyWinter
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by HolyWinter »

Wait....why it is bad to have the bot parts..?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

HolyWinter wrote:Wait....why it is bad to have the bot parts..?
1. Random crashes in creature stage
2. Extremely rare bug which prevents you from reinstalling the game if you uninstall it

Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Was the Dark injections sporepedia wiped before this was compiled? I remember having uploaded a small handful of creations myself, but this was back when you could click a link under a username from any forum topic and view their uploaded creations, which isint a thing anymore it seems.

Or where some uploads simply removed? Wouldint know why mine would be removed if that where the case...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sersay wrote:Was the Dark injections sporepedia wiped before this was compiled?
Not immediately after, but it was wiped at some point, as an (unintended?) side effect of a board software upgrade from back in 2015.

Sersay wrote:I remember having uploaded a small handful of creations myself, but this was back when you could click a link under a username from any forum topic and view their uploaded creations, which isint a thing anymore it seems.
Oh, well IIRC there's an adventure floating around on spore.com which has most, if not all of them.

Sersay wrote:Or where some uploads simply removed? Wouldint know why mine would be removed if that where the case...
There may have been some, but I don't know of any.

Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Sersay wrote:I remember having uploaded a small handful of creations myself, but this was back when you could click a link under a username from any forum topic and view their uploaded creations, which isint a thing anymore it seems.
Oh, well IIRC there's an adventure floating around on spore.com which has most, if not all of them.
You wouldint be able to remember the adventure, or the person who made it, or know someone with it's resources, would you? After reading that, and immediately setting out to find it, I have discovered my google-fu is not strong enough...
Desert8
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Desert8 »

Chenjesu wrote:Something I've been trying to figure out is how I get dark-spore creatures into normal game-play. Whenever I design a creature that uses parts from dark-spore it saves normally, but it doesn't appear when I'm actually playing the creature stage ever and even when I make the theme "my creations" it doesn't let me select any of the darkspore creatures. I've seen videos with creatures like Blitz (from darkspore) on the creature stage, how did they do it?
Did you name the creature? Because I used to forget that, and my creatures wouldn't save. But yeah, see if naming it works.
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

Unread post by theparishofspacedust »

Desert8 wrote:
Chenjesu wrote:Something I've been trying to figure out is how I get dark-spore creatures into normal game-play. Whenever I design a creature that uses parts from dark-spore it saves normally, but it doesn't appear when I'm actually playing the creature stage ever and even when I make the theme "my creations" it doesn't let me select any of the darkspore creatures. I've seen videos with creatures like Blitz (from darkspore) on the creature stage, how did they do it?
Did you name the creature? Because I used to forget that, and my creatures wouldn't save. But yeah, see if naming it works.
Don't necro old threads, man.
as'sa
Cell
Cell

Unread post by as'sa »

how do i use it
creature on my pfp has shoes :lol:
Amy Fridley
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Amy Fridley »

I made The Purge Grox!
:bs: We Are Alling Grox! :bs:
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

My legion returns to me...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

HelmoChipChop wrote:My legion returns to me...
Now there's a name I thought I'd never see active again...

...Legion? Tell me more.

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

rob55rod wrote:
HelmoChipChop wrote:My legion returns to me...
Now there's a name I thought I'd never see active again...

...Legion? Tell me more.
By legion I meant my DS creations. Sadly only a handful of them are included in the download... How can I view my Darksporepedia on the website again?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Davo's Mods”