A mod way for export building \ vehicles \ ships.

You can find everything you need from tutorials to mods for Spore and Galactic Adventures. Hundreds of mods are stored here from the downfall of Sporedum.net, including a variety of mods that I have created. Also, you can discover ways to create creatures you thought were impossible using tutorials from DarkEdgeTV. If you need a place to store your mods, you've come to the right place!
Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

A mod way for export building \ vehicles \ ships.

Unread postby Orlan83 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:27 am

Hello. I am a science fiction writer (more for personal dilect that for commercial purpuse)
and i want to use spore for get an appereance to my ship \ creature \ building\ architecture \ worlds. but as you sure know, is possible to export only models from collada editor .-.
so i am asking if exist for some mod that allow to export models also by other editor enabling colladaexport cheats..
in alternative... i am looking for this mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyZHPP5-Mo
i am trying to find at titan mods site, but its download link is corrupted. instead of give the file, redirect me to adfly and my antivirus signal like malicious site. also appears a lots of spam windows.
So someone know where i can find this mod or download it? or have and can host and share link with me on PM?
By other way, i can ever learn how to mod spore and try to recreate the mod by myself. o.o
thanks for every answers... into the time... i am unpacking spore stuff with sporemaster just know.

PS: i have already tryied to use sporehack on past for open all editor stuff with creature editor but i know that models are destroyed, lose textures and uvmapping and export craps model geometry and shapes deformations... so i guess is not the way :\

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: A mod way for export building \ vehicles \ ships.

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 am

SporeMaster is ancient history, you're better off using SporeModder instead: https://sporemodder.wordpress.com/sporemodder/
Additionally, the SporeModder Blender addon can import GMDL models, which not only allows you to obtain non-creature models, but it also works better than colladaexport - it doesn't destroy part morphs.

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:03 pm

rob55rod wrote:SporeMaster is ancient history, you're better off using SporeModder instead: https://sporemodder.wordpress.com/sporemodder/
Additionally, the SporeModder Blender addon can import GMDL models, which not only allows you to obtain non-creature models, but it also works better than colladaexport - it doesn't destroy part morphs.

First off, thanks for answer :3
Second, i have an little old system (win XP SP3 32 bit) so i hope sporemodder can run also on my machine. unfortunely at moment heal and sight's problems denide me to update OS to win 7. it's a long history.
I see sporemodder require java installed. sure my java is up-to-date. i download last version of java setup but seems to won't run the setup... damn >.<

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Found java 1.7.1. Sporemodder require 1.7.0 or > ... damn, why installer not wanna run?

Well, at last, i installed successfully on blender the exporters addons. :)
The GMDL is the format like spore save the creations, right?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Orlan83 wrote:First off, thanks for answer :3
Second, i have an little old system (win XP SP3 32 bit) so i hope sporemodder can run also on my machine. unfortunely at moment heal and sight's problems denide me to update OS to win 7. it's a long history.
I see sporemodder require java installed. sure my java is up-to-date. i download last version of java setup but seems to won't run the setup... damn >.<

Orlan83 wrote:Found java 1.7.1. Sporemodder require 1.7.0 or > ... damn, why installer not wanna run?

That's really weird...I'm not sure what's up there. I'll see if I can get Emd over here, maybe he'd have a better idea of how to resolve the issue.

Orlan83 wrote:Well, at last, i installed successfully on blender the exporters addons. :)

Yes, just make sure you've viewed the creation in question in the Sporepedia or ingame recently.

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:20 am

rob55rod wrote:
Orlan83 wrote:First off, thanks for answer :3

Orlan83 wrote:Found java 1.7.1. Sporemodder require 1.7.0 or > ... damn, why installer not wanna run?

That's really weird...I'm not sure what's up there. I'll see if I can get Emd over here, maybe he'd have a better idea of how to resolve the issue.

Orlan83 wrote:Well, at last, i installed successfully on blender the exporters addons. :)

Yes, just make sure you've viewed the creation in question in the Sporepedia or ingame recently.

Thanks for all man! Where is spore graphiccache when save the GMDL files? i looked into game directories into steam of spore and spore galactive adventure, but there are not into sporebin and data directories.
doing a search about these files i found also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2ubx8ehJU
"First of all you will need this program called Spview, get it from http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/wbi... I did not create the program. Follow the instructions on the website, and if done properly you can open up the Graphicscache file by decompressing it in Spview, and load the 3d gmdl (Spore stores creature parts, in this custom file format) files inside, which will contain the last 3 creatures you edited. The cache package is used to make loading creatures you have recently seen faster, otherwise the game would have to load each creature part by itself and put them together. It works with tribe armor and clothing too!"
i not understand where is the "cache package" mentioned by this guy.

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:04 am

Mmm, i not sure i need this program because can only view models, not convert. i did other searchs and seems pretty hard to find the models. after i dived into my hard disk, i found some package file of spore inside C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Dati applicazioni\Spore.
pollination.package, graphiccache, planet, editorsave, rigblockinfo. there also some other folders: citymusic, preferences, games, temp, mvjgames.
Sure on some of these are stored my creations... but i not know where and how to exctract.
: \

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 am

Orlan83 wrote:Mmm, i not sure i need this program because can only view models, not convert. i did other searchs and seems pretty hard to find the models. after i dived into my hard disk, i found some package file of spore inside C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Dati applicazioni\Spore.
pollination.package, graphiccache, planet, editorsave, rigblockinfo. there also some other folders: citymusic, preferences, games, temp, mvjgames.
Sure on some of these are stored my creations... but i not know where and how to exctract.

GraphicsCache.package is the one you want to unpack. Normally I'd recommend using SporeModder to do so...but in this case, I guess SporeMaster will have to do.

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Orlan83 wrote:Mmm, i not sure i need this program because can only view models, not convert. i did other searchs and seems pretty hard to find the models. after i dived into my hard disk, i found some package file of spore inside C:\Documents and Settings\Users\Dati applicazioni\Spore.

GraphicsCache.package is the one you want to unpack. Normally I'd recommend using SporeModder to do so...but in this case, I guess SporeMaster will have to do.

Many thanks man! I did it and i found on adress #40blalbalbla the file of the model of my mushroom house i did recently! so basicall the procedure is:
1: play spore and do some creations
2: unpack graphiccache near pollination.package.
3: search your model. i did it sucessfuklly! i have on blender one of my stuff! :D
4: import on blender and convert into another format more workable. (i am more a 3d max user then a blender user)
5 and the textures of the model???? i read they are coded as *raster format and need to be converted in dds. how to find and how to do that?

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Found *raster files. now the problem is the conversion... .-. paintshop and photoshop cannot read... damn. .-.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:40 am

Orlan83 wrote:Found *raster files. now the problem is the conversion... .-. paintshop and photoshop cannot read... damn. .-.

SporeModder can convert them to a more conventional format.

I'll mention this to Emd...again...

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Orlan83 wrote:Found *raster files. now the problem is the conversion... .-. paintshop and photoshop cannot read... damn. .-.

SporeModder can convert them to a more conventional format.

I'll mention this to Emd...again...

Yes, at this point i really need sporemodder. also because search the correct material # is a trouble. i found and convert something, but is a dds format that i cannot process to png \ jpg or others. however, blender plug in is perfect. i tested also UVmapping of my little alien castle. geometry and uvmapping are really well imported. the big problem is just the textures.
but sporemodder should be really better. if not every time i want to expoprt a my creaton i need to load spore, load my building, unpack the cache, search the building gmdl... view name of model, search raster file of model... mmm very tricky :\

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 pm

I need to make some adjurnment... Okay i am stuck! >.<
there are two way for export models...
1: make a building, vehicle, ships normally. use sporehack (it must be inside sporebin folder for run properly). force open of creature editor. load and edit a building \ ship \ vehicle. it load it on creature but... in same case (not ever) ...
1 the structure is GIANT and take all screen space XD
2 the uvmapping is not broken. the texture, is broken . i tryed with 2 building . one is all black. the other is textured with a lemon white yellow color. is possible to export on collada but...
3 when i open on blender, the building structure is deformed. scales and rotated parts are resized to their default parameters. some parts also are missing. (example in one model it miss external lamp and stonewall)
model is all fuse into one piece so is not possible to easily re-deform it on blender. so export it making crappy models and textures.

Second way!
1 Load 2 creations on spore. close the game.
2 Open with sporemaster editorsave package and graphic cache package (in the folder of C: where is pollination.package)
3 unzip all stuff.
4 searching on the numeric series of folders the folder that contains gmdl models you displayed recently. good luck. it's hard. .-.
5 open on blender with gmdl importer.
6 geometry are exported successfully and without trouble. UVmapping is okay... Textures... textures... textures... textures... really i become crazy to find where their are... if they are something. but also, they are in some damned raster format that maaaybe can be converted with spview into DDS format... but after, i cannot use my dds converter for convert dds createrd by spview in jpg or png. it not works with raster processed by spview.
and so... i am STUCK. i really desperate. also because sporemodder cannot run because my pc won't upgrade my java version. ._.
dumb question... there is some old sporemodder version that not require java?
Every help or suggest is appreciated. i am diving all web for searching a solution for way for get a model with textures intact but really i not find nothing.

i have exported and open however all base spore package file with sporemaster... so maybe i can also mod something..., but the idea of create a creatur editor with all other editor tabs ... i dislike because the result of making a building with creature editor that have also an animal mesh with dorsal column and need a mouth... and also the building need to be place as "decoratioin" or "attachment" of alien beast... mmm result can be very weird and crazy. .-.
not sure is the right way.
so... please. help! >.<

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:30 am

Okay, i tested that. All Editors In Creature Editor: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PpsH ... sp=sharing
a thousand of thanks for the hoster of the mod! however...
works only on galactic adventure dataep1 and not on spore data folder and for run fine i remove dark injection... mmm.
it's not exactly perfect, but is a start point. the trouble is with some buildings and vehicle panels.
basically...
- The base of building structure (cube, ortogonal, octoedral, etc)ù
- roofs
- doors and windows.
- vehicles main hull parts.
- details with red plume icon (istantly crash the mod).
these parts are hard to apply to a creature body and are really big, really enormous. so big that this create a trouble. is not possible to export creation without switching to paint mode. i switched up and... these parts... disappear! they are not rendered into paint mod, so exporter cannot export. they magically reapper into sculpt mode but their appear and disappear... depend by camera position and angles. the mod is not too bod however, need to get really improved with hulls and main building staffs. (maybe not simply enabling it on creature editor, but adding as new these parts in scaled compatible version.)

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:10 am

At the end i see that best way is use 3DripperDx . tested with a standalone version of Spore and it works. i exported a building with low poly structure and no deformations, and basic textures palette and uvmapping too. pity for bad patterns textures of buildings... but the standalone is 1.4.0 and steam version is 1.5.0 i understand some difference.
i suppose i need to patch the standalone spore for fix that. (or find some mode that give better building textures templates )

Okay I did it! Basically i have 3dripper but it not run with my game steam app of spore and spore adventure galactic.
so i get a stand alone version of spore, executing with 3dripper the standalone spore sporebin\sporeapps of that without steam works and allow me to make creations and to export building \ vehicle \ ships (but not save . these because make conflict with installed steam version. stand alone is 1.4.0 and steam 1.5.0). but 1.4.0 building texture are something of horribles patterns.
so i pasted my mods inside steam spore version (titan mod on default spore, and darkinjection on adventure spore).
running the stand alone version with 3dripper, it take mod edits from steam mod versions... strangely very strangely. the two spores version are in two partitions and two folder of my pc pretty different but they dialog in some way each other.
Final result: the standalone uptograded spore version take the steam spore mod edits... so i can save also my creations of this and i can too rip all bld, vehicle ufo stuff. also, i can load my steam creations without game crash or freeze. (that's happened before i applied mods)
maybe that's happened because the editsave, pollination and graphic package files are shared by each spore versions. so what happen on one affected the other game. pretty curious this... yes i know i am mad XD at this point i think i will take only standalone spore and uninstall steam spore.. after saved all my stuff, obvius.
Well thanks for all assistance and reading. :D i will continue to follow this forum. i am interessed to the new mods. i am watching flora editor fixed with true interest :D

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 am

Orlan83 wrote:At the end i see that best way is use 3DripperDx . tested with a standalone version of Spore and it works. i exported a building with low poly structure and no deformations, and basic textures palette and uvmapping too. pity for bad patterns textures of buildings... but the standalone is 1.4.0 and steam version is 1.5.0 i understand some difference.
i suppose i need to patch the standalone spore for fix that. (or find some mode that give better building textures templates )

Okay I did it! Basically i have 3dripper but it not run with my game steam app of spore and spore adventure galactic.
so i get a stand alone version of spore, executing with 3dripper the standalone spore sporebin\sporeapps of that without steam works and allow me to make creations and to export building \ vehicle \ ships (but not save . these because make conflict with installed steam version. stand alone is 1.4.0 and steam 1.5.0). but 1.4.0 building texture are something of horribles patterns.
so i pasted my mods inside steam spore version (titan mod on default spore, and darkinjection on adventure spore).
running the stand alone version with 3dripper, it take mod edits from steam mod versions... strangely very strangely. the two spores version are in two partitions and two folder of my pc pretty different but they dialog in some way each other.
Final result: the standalone uptograded spore version take the steam spore mod edits... so i can save also my creations of this and i can too rip all bld, vehicle ufo stuff. also, i can load my steam creations without game crash or freeze. (that's happened before i applied mods)
maybe that's happened because the editsave, pollination and graphic package files are shared by each spore versions. so what happen on one affected the other game. pretty curious this... yes i know i am mad XD at this point i think i will take only standalone spore and uninstall steam spore.. after saved all my stuff, obvius.
Well thanks for all assistance and reading. :D i will continue to follow this forum. i am interessed to the new mods. i am watching flora editor fixed with true interest :D

Um...rather than falling back to 3D Ripper DX, have you tried opening the DDS textures SpView produces in paint.NET or Blender? That's what I used to do... (I actually forgot about SpView tbh, otherwise I'd have mentioned it.)

Alternatively, have you considered uninstalling Java and re-installing it?

Recruit

Recruit

Orlan83

Unread postby Orlan83 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:30 am

rob55rod wrote:
Orlan83 wrote:At the end i see that best way is use 3DripperDx . tested with a standalone version of Spore and it works. i exported a building with low poly structure and no deformations, and basic textures palette and uvmapping too. pity for bad patterns textures of buildings... but the standalone is 1.4.0 and steam version is 1.5.0 i understand some difference.

Um...rather than falling back to 3D Ripper DX, have you tried opening the DDS textures SpView produces in paint.NET or Blender? That's what I used to do... (I actually forgot about SpView tbh, otherwise I'd have mentioned it.)

Alternatively, have you considered uninstalling Java and re-installing it?

Honestly ... not. but the first problem of import gmdl models into blender with plug in is: how to find and locate the correct texture of model inside editorsave and graphic package contains.
second problem is that spviw cannot convert all dds. only someone with some other it give error. the third problem is to converto dds created by spview into jpg or png for my use.
i have windows dds thumbnail viewer... well, i not knew that blender can open dds. this is nice and is a start point step. :)
uninstalling and reinstalling java should be the fast solution for unlock sporemodder, but i need to be sure that my old OS support the newests java... and i need also to find my old java installer in case not do that. i hope i had some back up in some place. :\

Return to “Spore”