need help with finding the right mods..

You can find everything you need from tutorials to mods for Spore and Galactic Adventures. Hundreds of mods are stored here from the downfall of Sporedum.net, including a variety of mods that I have created. Also, you can discover ways to create creatures you thought were impossible using tutorials from DarkEdgeTV. If you need a place to store your mods, you've come to the right place!
Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

need help with finding the right mods..

Unread postby pilon85 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:15 am

hi i'm new here..

i've have installed the new updated spore from origen with darkinjection

i have all of them, c&c core spore and GA

but i'm not happy with this mod.
only thing i like about this mod, is all the ekstra parts there is in it.
but it's not enough to fully enjoy the game..

what i miss and need is these:

unlimited complexity this is very important imo!.
forces save
bigger spaceships
and fast travel in spacestage..
and bigger cargo holds

i have searched a lot for them, but can only find the old ones,
and they don't work anymore sadly..

i've spend a lot of time on this since i like the game and so do my kids,

so i really hope someone can help me with this ?

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Re: need help with finding the right mods..

Unread postby pilon85 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 am

so i guess this site is pretty much dead, that's quite sad.
had hoped for some help so that, me and my family once again,
could enjoy the this game..

Sergeant

Sergeant

Snaid1

Unread postby Snaid1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

pilon85 wrote:so i guess this site is pretty much dead, that's quite sad.
had hoped for some help so that, me and my family once again,
could enjoy the this game..

This site isn't dead, and I'm curious why not getting a response for an hour made you think it was? Although as I understand it a lot of the communication has moved to the Discord Server. here is the Thread talking about that http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6393

pilon85 wrote:what i miss and need is these:

unlimited complexity this is very important imo!.

Dark Injection has unlimited complexity for me. do you have any other mods installed? there might be something conflicting with that.
you can also try the fixed version found in this thread http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=5350

pilon85 wrote:forces save

The new version of Force Save and an Alternate version just in case the first one fails can be found in the first post of this thread. http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6101&hilit=force+save

pilon85 wrote:bigger spaceships

not sure what you mean by bigger spaceship. Searching online I can't find reference to any bigger spaceship mod for any version of spore. Spore will also scale your ship down in the space stage if you make it too big. could you clarify what you are looking for here?

pilon85 wrote:and fast travel in spacestage..

you may want to try the FTL Drive mod found in this thread http://davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=6520&p=31258&hilit=drive#p31258. I haven't tried it myself but it looks like it might be what you are looking for from the description.

pilon85 wrote:and bigger cargo holds

I use an old mod that adds an Uber Storage cargo hold as an available upgrade. It gives you enough space to have enough creatures/plants to upgrade a planet to t3, have all the spices found in the base game, and still have a few slots open for artifacts, and it still works on the newest version of the game from Origin for me. here is a download link https://mega.nz/#!PstB2SbA!9rv18DmhqovYAIGY5Q31sG5aE_ZMWwczP6OjGmIYFCI

Does that help with what you are looking for?

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Unread postby pilon85 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:03 am

thanks snaid1 yeah i might have been a bit impatient, but i have spent a long time getting the "old game" to work properly, backing it all up and so on, then it went from EA to origin, and then they closed down the servers, and then none of my mods worked, so i had to find them all again, but most of what i have been able to find is from the old stuff which don't work anymore.
so it has been a lil frustrating..

yes i had in the first version of Dark Injection that worked after the move to origin,
but i didn't backup the mod due because i didn't like it at that time.

and this new version it do not work, it is close to the standard game, and only way i could install it was the manual way, the installer program did not work.
bigger spaceships was one of my first mods. it just makes your spaceship bigger nothing else, looks way better and more right.

i will look at the flt info you posted, Tanks!. and the cargo mod im referring to just make it so you can have 99 or was it 999
items in each slot, i like it when selling spices at a high price..

wow i might have my old game back, the kids gonna go wild, i can't thank you enough!..

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:44 am

pilon85 wrote:and then they closed down the servers

If by that you mean Spore's servers...they're still up.

pilon85 wrote:this new version it do not work, it is close to the standard game, and only way i could install it was the manual way, the installer program did not work.

Care to elaborate on how the Installer "did not work"? (can't do much to fix anything if I don't know what the problem is...)

Sorry I'm late on the response, by the way. I really need to stop pretending everyone who comes here goes to the Discord server too... .-.

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Unread postby pilon85 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:54 pm

yeah i know they are up again, and after that, i could not get online,
so had to reinstall through origin, and then none of my old mods worked.
i just had it all as i wanted, and it worked, and it took long to get there.. :cry:

it's some time now, if i remember correct, it just didn't want to launch,
if you want me to be sure, i can reinstall the game, again, and tell you precise,
what happened..
but first in a few weeks, summer and all that, you know..

yeah, i'm not much for Discord.

and thanks for the reply.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:21 pm

pilon85 wrote:yeah i know they are up again, and after that, i could not get online,
so had to reinstall through origin, and then none of my old mods worked.
i just had it all as i wanted, and it worked, and it took long to get there.. :cry:

I...I'm sorry to hear that. If I had to guess, I'd suspect you might've missed the memo about Patch 7...?

pilon85 wrote:it's some time now, if i remember correct, it just didn't want to launch, if you want me to be sure, i can reinstall the game, again, and tell you precise, what happened..

There's no need to re-install the game, but it would be great if you could try to reproduce the problem you ran into and report back. Whatever it is, I can't fix it if I don't even know what it is :lol:

pilon85 wrote:yeah, i'm not much for Discord.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to push you to go there. I just need to get my act together.

pilon85 wrote:and thanks for the reply.

Np

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Unread postby pilon85 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:16 am

hi again, i'm back home now..

the memo about Patch 7 ?

the first version i had of dark injection i liked a lot better, but it was not as good as my separate mods,
that i had collected

it's dark injection i'm having trouble installing, could only get the manuel install version to work,
and it's not working properly.

i've just uninstalled the dark injection mod, and when using the .exe installer, nothing happens, it doesn't run at all.
back when i first was trying to get it to work, i did a lot i remember a message.
but can remember what it said.

but now it just do not start.

thanks for your help, i really appreciate it!.

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheUltraCube6723
Location: On the third rock from Sol, in a small country that Earth's inhabitants call "Armenia"

Unread postby TheUltraCube6723 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 am

You need to install the Spore ModAPI launcher. And then open up the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer with administrator permissions, and open the DI9R .sporemod file. An installer should open, through which you can select the mod components you want. Once satisfied, click the install button. If you have any issues with the Spore ModAPI launcher, I suggest you contact Rob55rod or Emd4600 (the creator of the ModAPI launcher), they are both very helpful people.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Unread postby pilon85 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:14 pm

it's working, as intended also the unlimited complexity, so nice!..
but i don't like the UI. in dark injection.
i much prefer the original I.
and sadly, it logs me off often though.

have i misunderstood something, or could i get it to work,
without using origin, and still be online?

or better yet just use some of my old mods, i know they work with the non origin
version..

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:50 pm

pilon85 wrote:it's working, as intended also the unlimited complexity, so nice!..

:mrgreen:

pilon85 wrote:but i don't like the UI. in dark injection.
i much prefer the original I.

...then turn the UI off.
To do so, just run the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller as an Administrator, then click the gear icon next to Dark Injection in the list. This will open the DI configurator, which you can use to modify your DI configuration...in this case, presumably to switch to a different UI, such as the Core Spore UI you're familiar with.

pilon85 wrote:and sadly, it logs me off often though.
have i misunderstood something, or could i get it to work,
without using origin, and still be online?

That's not Dark Injection, that's Spore.

pilon85 wrote:or better yet just use some of my old mods, i know they work with the non origin
version..

what

Recruit

Recruit

pilon85

Unread postby pilon85 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:44 pm

i looked, but couldn't see anything where i could turn off the UI.
i will try it as you say, thanks.

"That's not Dark Injection, that's Spore."
yeah it's so annoying we can't get online without origin anymore..

"what"
as mentioned earlier, i had all the mods i wanted and they were working fine,
but when EA. made the update and shutdown the servers, so we couldn't get online
without using origin, and non of my mods works with the origen version, sadly.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 am

pilon85 wrote:i looked, but couldn't see anything where i could turn off the UI.
i will try it as you say, thanks.

It's among the first two items in the feature list, before all the checkboxes.

pilon85 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:That's not Dark Injection, that's Spore.

yeah it's so annoying we can't get online without origin anymore..

Wrong, all up-to-date digital versions of the game are capable of online play...it just happens that the Origin version is the least unreliable in that regard.

pilon85 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:what

as mentioned earlier, i had all the mods i wanted and they were working fine

Oh, that.

pilon85 wrote:but when EA. made the update and shutdown the servers

They haven't shut the servers down yet.

pilon85 wrote:so we couldn't get online without using origin

Again, all up-to-date digital versions of the game are capable of online functionality. Origin is not required for online functionality...or atleast, it isn't supposed to be. That having been said, the Steam and GOG versions are even more unreliable than the Origin version in terms of online functionality, so...

pilon85 wrote:and non of my mods works with the origen version, sadly.

Origin Spore 1.7, yes. If they worked with a disk version, they would have worked with prior versions of Origin Spore. The Steam and GOG versions have always been as bad as the Origin version is now, in regards to mod compatibility.

Also, you said there was an older version of Dark Injection you liked better...what version was that, and what did you prefer about it?

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

ItsaLotad

How To Get The Robot Parts?

Unread postby ItsaLotad » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 pm

I Got The 3D Cell Editor Mod From This ----> viewtopic.php?f=99&t=36
Is Robot Parts From GA or Is It Another Mod? I Only Just Started Rapid Modding So Im Clueless As To What To Do..

Sergeant

Sergeant

Snaid1

How To Get The Robot Parts?

Unread postby Snaid1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:45 am

I think the bots parts question should be it's own thread, but I'm not a board admin so I'll let others more qualified people decide that. (MODERATOR EDIT: Snaid1, You are correct in advising that this question be posted in a separate thread.)

Bots Parts was a special patch Giveaway from Dr Pepper. In addition to granting bots parts it also caused major issues and it is generally recommended to not install. Someone (I think Davo but am not sure) created a workaround by creating a mod that contains the parts and not the patch data. this also has the added benefit of working on the latest Spore version.

I can't find the download thread for this so here is a download link.
https://mega.nz/#!q0EBxQ4I!BemzCyNyliJ2i0KT5FhurnTYn3Vs_J1A9goFZ2Ig1d0

Return to “Spore”