How to install spore on a different language.

You can find everything you need from tutorials to mods for Spore and Galactic Adventures. Hundreds of mods are stored here from the downfall of Sporedum.net, including a variety of mods that I have created. Also, you can discover ways to create creatures you thought were impossible using tutorials from DarkEdgeTV. If you need a place to store your mods, you've come to the right place!
Recruit

Recruit

oric

How to install spore on a different language.

Unread post #1 by oric » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm

IDK if this issue still around but i could not find the solution anywhere, so i dig into this issue for a while and discovered how to install Spore on a different language. I don't know if it will work for non windows pcs, but i am sure mac or linux have their own procedures to modify the required settings.

1 - Uninstall or don't install spore just yet.
2 - go to control panel > Region > Administrative tab > language for non-Unicode programs > Change system locale = change it to whatever language you want the game to be.
3 - you will be required to restart your pc before the new setting take place. So just do it.
4 - After the restart you can (re)install Spore in the language of your choice.

obs: IDK if you have to keep the non unicode settings after the game install but you should be able to revert it without affecting the game.

Master Sergeant

Master Sergeant

Darhagonable
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: How to install spore on a different language.

Unread post #2 by Darhagonable » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm

or you can just use the "-locale:" Command-line option (in my case "-locale:en-us" since I want my game in english)

Return to “Spore”