Does anyone still have access to SporeEdit - VERSION 1.8

You can find everything you need from tutorials to mods for Spore and Galactic Adventures. Hundreds of mods are stored here from the downfall of Sporedum.net, including a variety of mods that I have created. Also, you can discover ways to create creatures you thought were impossible using tutorials from DarkEdgeTV. If you need a place to store your mods, you've come to the right place!
First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #1 by Tapdroid » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 am

All the links I have found are broken, or the file is no longer there.
I really want to check it out...

Thanks.

Download Canimate.
an add-on for Spore Creature Creator that allows you to export custom animations for your next game or project. at http://TapDroid.com (Note: intended for Creature Creator Free Edition. Weird things to happen with paid full version.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Does anyone still have access to SporeEdit - VERSION 1.8

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:37 am

Why do you want SporeEdit? SporeMaster and SpView can do everything it could and more ._.

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #3 by Tapdroid » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:56 pm

SporeMaster can not re package back to original .package. I want to see if I detect method of repackaging via SporeEdit.

-------------------------REVISION-----------------
Ok, now I'm at a loss. I just read
" SporeEdit does not currently support repacking of .packages, you must repack files using SpView right now."
But how do you repack when SPview does not load multiple files?

I found two completely different SPview progies. I downloaded SpViewV0_24_full from the link I found on davoonline, but I can't load the the files in order to repack them...

This is getting to be such a buzz kill. I want to open the .package to make major changes and repack without errors when the files are called. If I use SporeMaster to unpack, & repackage with out compression, Creature Creator gives access denide error in null pointer. are the folders supposed to have tilda ~ behind every name when packed? They all have tildas when SporeMaster unpacks them...
Download Canimate.
an add-on for Spore Creature Creator that allows you to export custom animations for your next game or project. at http://TapDroid.com (Note: intended for Creature Creator Free Edition. Weird things to happen with paid full version.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Tapdroid wrote:SporeMaster can not re package back to original .package. I want to see if I detect method of repackaging via SporeEdit.

-------------------------REVISION-----------------
Ok, now I'm at a loss. I just read
" SporeEdit does not currently support repacking of .packages, you must repack files using SpView right now."
But how do you repack when SPview does not load multiple files?

I found two completely different SPview progies. I downloaded SpViewV0_24_full from the link I found on davoonline, but I can't load the the files in order to repack them...

This is getting to be such a buzz kill. I want to open the .package to make major changes and repack without errors when the files are called. If I use SporeMaster to unpack, & repackage with out compression, Creature Creator gives access denide error in null pointer. are the folders supposed to have tilda ~ behind every name when packed? They all have tildas when SporeMaster unpacks them...

Oh, that would explain the problem. SporeMaster isn't supposed to be able to repack the base game packages. NEVER REPACK THE BASE GAME PACKAGES!!

Just copy the files to a new package instead. But only copy the files you need. As for that access denied error, you just have to run SporeMaster as an administrator :lol:

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #5 by Tapdroid » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 am

Your missing the big picture.
I am completely revamping the graphics package.
The file I need repackaged, are All the file. Not just a few modded files...

Fyi, the error points to the visual studio runtime lib..
Download Canimate.

Sergeant

Sergeant

Snaid1

Unread post #6 by Snaid1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:27 am

you should still be able to package it as another package. just change the load order so your package activates before the base game package. it's how all the other graphics mods were done here.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread post #7 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:13 pm

SPView doesn't work with folders; actually, you'll only be able to pack something with SpView if you unpacked it with SpView too.
About the tildas, don't worry; SporeMaster puts them because it doesn't know the original name and that's just a guess.

Why can't you just use SporeMaster to unpack and repack?

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #8 by Tapdroid » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:42 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:SPView doesn't work with folders; actually, you'll only be able to pack something with SpView if you unpacked it with SpView too.
About the tildas, don't worry; SporeMaster puts them because it doesn't know the original name and that's just a guess.

Why can't you just use SporeMaster to unpack and repack?

SporeMaster cant do what I need done.
Anyway, Got unpacking and repacking covered.
Now I'm going ask a question that is probably new to this, and every other Spore related forum.
I'm attempting to change the angle of the .gif avatar.
What Am I Missing here?
"property GIFAngle 0x05d2e2a7 float 90 # an offset on the initial angle in degrees"

Anybody?

FYI, Will Wright is not responding...
Download Canimate.

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #9 by Tapdroid » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 pm

"property GIFAngle 0x05d2e2a7 float 90 # an offset on the initial angle in degrees"
__________ Is this ^________^ calling an address, is it referring to decimals, or something else???
Download Canimate.

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #10 by Tapdroid » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Tapdroid wrote:"property GIFAngle 0x05d2e2a7 float 90 # an offset on the initial angle in degrees"
__________ Is this ^________^ calling an address, is it referring to decimals, or something else???

Never mind All. I'm on a roll and just about got this portion of my project by the sassafrass...

To be continued...
Download Canimate.

First Class

First Class

Tapdroid

Unread post #11 by Tapdroid » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Has anyone ever seen if, else, and statements in the properties txt?
are there any commands we can place in the properties?
I'm trying to make a string of instances from one trigger.
Download Canimate.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Wigazo

Unread post #12 by Wigazo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:38 pm

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #13 by Davo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Snaid1 wrote:you should still be able to package it as another package. just change the load order so your package activates before the base game package. it's how all the other graphics mods were done here.

Rubs eyes... Long time no see
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Return to “Spore”