Spore creature creator supports mods, Dark genetics, etc...

You can find everything you need from tutorials to mods for Spore and Galactic Adventures. Hundreds of mods are stored here from the downfall of Sporedum.net, including a variety of mods that I have created. Also, you can discover ways to create creatures you thought were impossible using tutorials from DarkEdgeTV. If you need a place to store your mods, you've come to the right place!
Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen
Zodiac: Cancer

Spore creature creator supports mods, Dark genetics, etc...

Unread post #1 by CamBen » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:21 pm

So I have a copy of the spore creature creator and have been doing some modding with its files, the spore files, and the darkspore files. So, I'll spit it out.

The creature creator supports mods. Dark genetics is going to be using some stuff from it. I've discover limbs cut from the game while working on the flora creature hybrid editor.

And I think you guys will like dark genetics. ;) it's going to include the dark creature parts, new test drive interactions, non animated mouths, vocalswap but with icons, a handy utilities page, darkspore sound effects, a darkspore-ish editor, maybe possibly some other darkspore ish graphics, etc.

Also, it would be unwise to combine dark injection with it. Dark genetics takes up a ton of space. That's also why I'll be splitting the mod up into a few separate ones for graphics, audio, and the main mod.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

p.d

Re: Spore creature creator supports mods, Dark genetics, etc

Unread post #2 by p.d » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 am

Have you found anything that would let you change revert the four-legged running animation back to the creature creator style? I would love to see that in core spore. (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2301#p5852)

The Boss

Unread post #3 by Davo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:17 am

i would love to see some pictures or a video or something of what you have made so far...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread post #4 by GBAura » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Sounds like a neat idea for those who don't have the full game yet still want a taste of what Dark Injection could do as well as some other enhancements for the mod.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Unread post #5 by CamBen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:50 pm

@p.d I don't know how to do that. I'm pretty sure the creature creator uses a different formatting of the walking gait than the new spore.

@Davo: See below. (The orange GUI is not part of the mod)
Spoiler: show
dark_genetics.png

And not a single one of these creatures uses dark injection specific parts.

@GBAura: Actually, Dark Genetics as well as most other parts mod for spore should work next to flawlessly and interchangeably for Spore, Spore GA, and Spore Creature Creator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread post #6 by GBAura » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:46 am

Eep, I wasn't being clear on that. I was trying to say what you're doing is good for Creature Creator users AND regular users. Sorry. :?

I also noticed that you are adding new test drive animations based on the ones in the normal game, is it possible to add them into GA as well? Er, I think that's impossible because I tried to search in the game files to figure out where the icons for the advanced animations are with no luck, and it's a bit too ambitious for mod standards, unless you can figure something out.

However, I also noticed some of the parts in the screenshot aren't darkened with DI and you are separating the data, I actually tried to do that but I neglected to finish it. The reason why I did that is because of a glitch that darkened some parts as long the mod is installed and it's not suppose to do that because the Textures file isn't in there, as well as prevent some of the parts from being overwritten, causing some creatures to look different before DI was installed. Also, if you're having a hard time to get all the parts out, keep in mind most of the parts use a hash number as well as a cleaned up code name which says something like "ce_part_type". The parts that are placed in the center also use a hash number, but it's hard to figure out which one it is because it blends in with the rest.

Just a heads up.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Unread post #7 by CamBen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 pm

I've actually got every core spore available creature part successfully duplicated, its just that some of the feet and hands are only changed by a slight degree. I used notepad ++ and bulk rename utility to rename all of the copied over creature part files.

Also, the mouth parts as details have worked fine, so there's another thing done.

And also I have no idea how I would make the animations be an act of emotion creatures can use as an idle. :(

Return to “Spore”