A little experiment with C++, BMPs, and SMDs

Chat about anything and everything or nothing at all.
All spam will be removed on sight.
Forum rules
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

A little experiment with C++, BMPs, and SMDs

Unread post by Vallachan »

Having only taken one coding class ever last year, I decided to refresh a bit, and ended up making something mildly interesting and utterly useless which I'm still proud of. Wrote a program in C/C++ which converts a bitmap into a "vertex-range" 3d model in SMD format. I couldn't properly get faces to be created, but since this is just for fun, i didn't find it necessary to finalize everything.
see below:

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
ThrowSomething
Civilian
Civilian

Re: A little experiment with C++, BMPs, and SMDs

Unread post by ThrowSomething »

Perl has some unique dynamic drawing capabilities as well. As a stand alone script, I like its portability, its cross-language compatability, and it nearly mimics C++ in many regards.
I thought I might have noticed a semi-colon missing in your script? I might be mistaken.
Cool program, Camben.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: A little experiment with C++, BMPs, and SMDs

Unread post by Vallachan »

I might check that out then, if I do some more practical stuff in the future.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Off Topic”