Could use help testing a possible bug in a 360 game.

Chat about anything and everything or nothing at all.
All spam will be removed on sight.
Forum rules
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
chaptmc
Private
Private

Could use help testing a possible bug in a 360 game.

Unread postby chaptmc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

I did not see any bug testing request areas on this forum, so I am assuming that Off-Topic would be the best place to ask this. I play a Koei game that is called Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires on both PS3 and 360 consoles. On my PS3 after using an edit mode (User-created) officer I had created and modified her for a while, I came across a rather interesting bug. The most power Dynasty Warrior in the game, Lu Bu was the first actual Dynasty Warrior my female edit officer captured, and it seemed whenever Lu Bu would inspire in any way, shape, or form(From inspiring at the beginning fo the battle to being the enemy commander), my female edit officer would always capture him guaranteed(You normally don't always capture a specific officer). She also seemed to always capture my friend's edit officer. I had went on the Koei Forums and reported this bug, and another player who has the PS3 version confirmed that this bug indeeds works for the PS3 version(Their result was with Sun Ce, but it still worked).

Now what I need if anybody is interested is for an individual who plays the 360 version, who also has the ability to download the Priestess Armor DLC via internet for the game. Indeed I do play this on the 360 version as well, however it is my friend's 360 and he does not have the internet to get the DLC and it seems to be a determining factor, as I was unable to reproduce this bug on the 360, and I believe it is because of that. What I would require is for the individual who is willing to do this is to create a female edit officer in Edit mode named Ying Mai, and create her with the specific adjustments:

-Face:
--Hair: Type 15
--Hair Color: Type 14
--Skin Color: Type 03
--(Face) Type: Type 01
---Eyes: Type 06
---Nose: Type 02
---Mouth: Type 03
---Accessories: Type 06
-Body
--Build: Average
---Horizontal Bar Shift: No Change
---Vertical Bar Shift: -10
-Appearance
--Head: None
--Chest: Sage Wings Green
--Arms: Priestess Gloves Red
--Waist: Priestess Robes (Bottom) Green
--Legs: Priestess Leggings Black
-Motion: Yue Ying
-Voice: Daring
--Pitch: +2
-Ability
--Type: Offense
--Special: Taunt
--Card: Jeer

If done properly, minus the princess coif, she should look the same as the model in the uploaded image. It seems from testing that weapon upgrades are not a determining factor of the glitch, however having Mai's weapon upgraded to Level 7 and having some imbuements and specials on it would help. Just make sure she does not capture anybody upto this point(Its best off that you allow the CPU to use her upto this point). Now after doing that, being a ruler, and either having her as an officer or the ruler herself, use her jeer card(Although use of the jeer card is not a determining factor of the bug, it makes trying to trigger it much easier) and provoke attacks until you capture an actual dynasty warrior that will inspire at the beginning of the battle(Not a generic general or edit officer), exchange him at the end of the battle, and continue to jeer until he inspires again. Also make sure when trying to do this bug to have DW4:Routed-Eve playing as the battle song, as it seems to be a determining factor of the bug. If she captures him, test it one more time (as in getting him to inspire again and capturing him), and if not, well then the bug is PS3 specific, and I can report this to the Koei Forums, so they finally know. Somebody said they were going to test this for the 360 on the Koei forums, but have not, so that is the reason why I am asking here. Any help with this to determine whether or not this bug is PS3 specific or not would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Could use help testing a possible bug in a 360 game.

Unread postby Davo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 pm

i dont have this game, sorry.

chaptmc
Private
Private

Re: Could use help testing a possible bug in a 360 game.

Unread postby chaptmc » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Well, it never hurts to ask. You never know who might come through this forum that will own a copy of this game for the 360. I do have a person not on this forum in mind that I am going to ask, due to helping them out with several edit mode officers on the Koei forum, and I'm hoping she will be willing to help me out in turn.

It's a very strange bug that presented itself under certain conditions once I downloaded the Priestess Armor DLC, so I'm thinking that maybe the DLC itself is bugged somehow. All I know so far that this is a tested confirmed bug on the PS3 version, however, it still needs to be teste don the 360 version.

Return to “Off Topic”