Changing abilities

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
DVDMaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

Changing abilities

Unread post by DVDMaster »

Davo,

1) You showed me how to change the attributes of an existing part by copying the existing file in creatureabilitiesxxx to a new file, editing the new file, and redirecting the old file to the new file by changing the parent to point to the new file (instead of the creatureabilitytemplate).

2) But in looking at the source of your WhosInCharge mod, you just replaced the text in the existing attack file (strike5.prop.xml) with the text from a different ability and create a new creatureabilitytemplate.

Is there a reason for the different methods?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Changing abilities

Unread post by Davo »

for those files, its easy to mod, but theose GA files were tricky, i still cant seem to mod mind meld. at all. i dont understand why!?!?

those files i guess are from the spore game package that was first opened, i really dont know why. but i was showing you how to bypass something that doesnt look modable.

creature abilities are easily changable. space tools too!
DVDMaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DVDMaster »

In your work with the editors, is there a location that indicates what abilities a part has?

Maybe we can edit the mind meld *part* and redirect it to a different creature ability (instead of trying to mod/redirect the creature ability to do something else).
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

ohh.... i like the way you think... i will look, but i believe the parts that say something like, maxcapsvalue or requiredmaxcap, but i also remember something that listed stuff. in the parts prop.xml file. like you said. maybe they need to match, it shouldnt be hard to find.... ill return shortly. but adding the sing on the bot parts will be easy, i will do that real quick. i just wonder if it will mess with its ability to be uploaded... brb soon.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

it works, for bots to have sing. ima upload in a sec. i will post a link... also, you cant upload if the mod is on. but i feel it will work for just playing GA missions or creature stage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”