Problems with transparent textures in my custom test-drive backgrounds.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Problems with transparent textures in my custom test-drive backgrounds.

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

I am currently working on a mod that adds a few new custom test-drive backgrounds for the creature editor. Everything's going fine for the most part, but I am encountering one major issue. For whatever reason, I cannot get my transparent textures to appear transparent in the game. Here I have a background which is a 'night time' version of the default background. Note that the trees and shrubbery are surrounded by black boxes.

I have tried both the alpha and exclusion settings in the blender rw4 material setup, as well as tinkering with some custom properties, but to no avail. I am definitely certain that the DDS texture itself has transparency, as it displays properly within Blender. If someone could please help me figure out what is going wrong, I would appreciate it very much.

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Problems with transparent textures in my custom test-drive backgrounds.

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

If the problem does ever get resolved, could you add a new background that has all of the trees in the part/paint editors?
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: Problems with transparent textures in my custom test-drive backgrounds.

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

I could probably do that. I had also tried to make all of the Creature Editor backgrounds available in the other editors. It worked, sort of, but the collision meshes didn't match and the default background would always remain when I changed it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”