Modding Stats on Parts

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
theimmersion
Hatchling
Hatchling

Modding Stats on Parts

Unread post by theimmersion »

Hey everyone!
So im new to this all, not modding in general but new to Spore. So i want a fairly simple mod. I want to edit stats on all the parts for my creations.
Mainly i found out the best balance of jump was jump level 3 so i want to add to all legs jump level 3 and of course make all legs have sprint level 5 by default. But i dont know how to do that.
So i got SporeMaster setup, unpacked the basic stuff and now i think im ready to mod. Except, i have no clue how to navigate through those hash folder names and hashed entries in the .xml that might be the entries i need to modify. I found an interesting creaturegametuning.prop.xml but amongst named entries are entries that arent descriptive but i think are hashed. Any help appreciated! If you see this, thanks for the mods DAVO and everyone else involved! :spore: <3

So much time has passed and still no Spore 2. T.T

TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Modding Stats on Parts

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Sporemodder is far better for modding. EDIT: And as rob55rod said, you should look in the creature_parts~ folder.
Last edited by TheUltraCube6723 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

You'll want to look in the "creature_parts~" folder. Properties governing abilities are prefixed with "modelCapability" followed by either thr ability's name (if it has one) or some other similarly descriptive term that gets the point across.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
theimmersion
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by theimmersion »

Well of course first think i did was check out the creature_parts~ folder and i saw they were 1kb files so im guessing thats might be the stat entries but i cant edit those files with notepadd++. How do i convert them? Might give me the link to SporeModder ? Cant seem to find it via google. Gives me mods not tools. xD

Static Stats were a mistake. It supposed to be level up - rank up thing. I wonder why they didnt do it that way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”