Darkspore Hero Converter

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

Darkspore Hero Converter

Unread post by theparishofspacedust »

I wasn't sure if there was an FAQ on this or whether the hero converter has any support now whatsoever, but it appears the darkspore hero converter isn't working, like, at all. The PNG created appears to be either a really strange Maldri model or a completely bugged model. Every fixed PNG looks identical[strike](I'll upload it in a reply to this post shortly)[/strike]and doesn't work when moving into the game. My spore client follows the installation order recommended on the site and is a disc installation patched up to the latest patch prior to the new Origin update.
The converter has been placed in a folder named DarksporeConverter on my desktop and is running as administrator. I have renamed all of the hero PNGs to the hero's name in lowercase; e.g. "wraith.png".

This is the original Seraph-XS .png, named "seraph.png"

This is the converted Seraph .png

EDIT: I also tried converting a spore creation I found on the Sporepedia. Here's the PNG;

It came out the exact same as before.

If anyone else who has the converter working could try that original PNG and see if it converts, please let me know!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Darkspore Hero Converter

Unread post by rob55rod »

...welp, your PNG didn't work in my game either (which actually surprises me, normally the PNGs work in my game but not others' games, but not this time), so one reconversion later...

I'll post the working PNG later today (on mobile rn, forgot to upload it in advance last night D: )
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

Oh awesome, thanks man!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

theparishofspacedust wrote:Oh awesome, thanks man!
Sorry this took so long, I got sidetracked last night .-.
Anywaves, here it is:
Let me know if that works. If so, I may ask you to do a couple of other things just to determine the exact source of the problem, so something can (hopefully) be done about it on our end. If it doesn't load, though, I have another plan...

Also, on an unrelated note...the visible thumbnail isn't a weird Maldri, it's my Char :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
theparishofspacedust wrote:Oh awesome, thanks man!
Sorry this took so long, I got sidetracked last night .-.
Anywaves, here it is:
Let me know if that works. If so, I may ask you to do a couple of other things just to determine the exact source of the problem, so something can (hopefully) be done about it on our end. If it doesn't load, though, I have another plan...

Also, on an unrelated note...the visible thumbnail isn't a weird Maldri, it's my Char :lol:
Oddly enough I found a version of "Arakna???, the Soul Collector" in the sporepedia the other day using -that thumbnail-, so perhaps that's related to it. Anyway yeah, I'll check it out shortly, thank you again!
theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

Seems to have worked. I wonder what's wrong with my darkspore converter.
Spore_2017-05-10_16-49-36.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear that worked. All I did differently was not run the converter as Administrator and remove the <?> characters from the name in the panel before confirming. Would you mind trying that, seeing if you get a valid PNG in doing so, and reporting back on the outcome?

theparishofspacedust
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Glad to hear that worked. All I did differently was not run the converter as Administrator and remove the <?> characters from the name in the panel before confirming. Would you mind trying that, seeing if you get a valid PNG in doing so, and reporting back on the outcome?
I'd like to report a success! Here's my imported Blitz in the creature parts editor. Thanks, man.
Attachments
Spore_2017-05-10_18-11-58.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Alright, great :D

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

So, the Darkspore Creature Converter is obsolete? I don't think it's been updated AT ALL. :oops:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:So, the Darkspore Creature Converter is obsolete? I don't think it's been updated AT ALL. :oops:
It is not obsolete and has not been updated Stop jumping to conclusions like that.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

So will DSCC be updated any time soon?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:So will DSCC be updated any time soon?
Not everything is known ahead of time...

Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

A couple of the Darkspore PNGs won't download, even after I convert them two times more. If I try to open them in the creator, they crash. (#3EB17B02.png and #5B9A7244.png)

Also, three other PNGs won't even convert at all; they give me an error. (#B4EC9445.png, #354B6730.png, and #CDE99145.png)

Please help. :(
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Olyenka wrote:A couple of the Darkspore PNGs won't download, even after I convert them two times more. If I try to open them in the creator, they crash. (#3EB17B02.png and #5B9A7244.png)

Also, three other PNGs won't even convert at all; they give me an error. (#B4EC9445.png, #354B6730.png, and #CDE99145.png)

Please help. :(
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll take a look and see what (if anything) I can do.

HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Most creatures suffer from "Too much data" error and others flat-out crash the game like anything Orion or Arcturus related. Neat tool, but eh.

A grand majority of creatures get the invisible limbs covering their bodies instead of the normal bodybuilding limbs most heroes have. I hope these issues can be fixed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

HelmoChipChop wrote:Most creatures suffer from "Too much data" error and others flat-out crash the game like anything Orion or Arcturus related. Neat tool, but eh.
I've heard of a few having such problems, but...most? Care to provide the filenames/hashes of a few affected PNGs?
HelmoChipChop wrote:A grand majority of creatures get the invisible limbs covering their bodies instead of the normal bodybuilding limbs most heroes have.
Yeah, that's what happens when someone decides to overwrite Darkspore's sculpting limbs with invisible ones. That said, the DSCC is supposed to take care of swapping the parts around so the creatures appear as they did in Darkspore...odd that this fails for you.
HelmoChipChop wrote:I hope these issues can be fixed.
As do I. I should ask, though...what version of Dark Injection are you using?

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

I thought the invisible limbs was due to the proper ones not being in-game yet, lol
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:I thought the invisible limbs was due to the proper ones not being in-game yet, lol
No...they've been ingame for a while now.

Fytax
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Fytax »

So, quick question, can someone send me a working link to the PNG Download Site, the old one doesn't work for me
Bruh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”