So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #1 by Raella69 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:14 pm

So I came here to see what I could find to make my next playthrough of Spore better. I am trying to decide what mods I can get to give me more parts and options when making my creature on the creature stage, but there are so many sections with so many options. Dark Injection is listed many times. I think that is the one I want, but I hear there are compatibility issues with most mods. I definitely wish to use the mod Advanced Life v.31, and wish to get as many mods as I can that are compatible. I've browsed the forums for a few hours each day shortly before I joined and every day after as well, but I can't make heads or tails of what I need. I also saw a mod for smaller stars which looked good, but I don't know how it holds up to Advanced Life. Would also love to see smaller moons. I honestly don't even know what Dark Spore really is, but I've seen a few screenshots of some pretty cool things.

I know I used a mod in the past that fixed certain things like unreachable planets, but I recall it also made planets with life even more rare. Are there mods to make space more empty of empires and life in general? That would be compatible with Advanced Life, that is.



Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Apologies for my failure to address your previous messages. Here's the asnwers I have for you:


Raella69 wrote:I am trying to decide what mods I can get to give me more parts and options when making my creature on the creature stage, but there are so many sections with so many options.

More parts, huh? Here's my recommendations:
- Dark Injection 9.r
- Strange and Beautiful Parts
- Himeric Engine
- Spore Resurrection: First Steps
- CamBen Colour Pack
- The Smoother
- Invidia
- This mod


Raella69 wrote:Dark Injection is listed many times. I think that is the one I want, but I hear there are compatibility issues with most mods.

That is not true at all. It does have some compatibility issues, but to say it is incompatible with most mods would be far from the truth, especially as of version 9.r , in which one of my objectives was to improve compatibility with other mods wherever possible.


Raella69 wrote:I honestly don't even know what Dark Spore really is, but I've seen a few screenshots of some pretty cool things.

Dark Spore is a common misspelling of Darkspore.
Image

Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #3 by Raella69 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:46 pm

rob55rod wrote:Apologies for my failure to address your previous messages. Here's the asnwers I have for you:


Raella69 wrote:I am trying to decide what mods I can get to give me more parts and options when making my creature on the creature stage, but there are so many sections with so many options.

More parts, huh? Here's my recommendations:
- Dark Injection 9.r
- Strange and Beautiful Parts
- Himeric Engine
- Spore Resurrection: First Steps
- CamBen Colour Pack
- The Smoother
- Invidia
- This mod


Raella69 wrote:Dark Injection is listed many times. I think that is the one I want, but I hear there are compatibility issues with most mods.

That is not true at all. It does have some compatibility issues, but to say it is incompatible with most mods would be far from the truth, especially as of version 9.r , in which one of my objectives was to improve compatibility with other mods wherever possible.


Raella69 wrote:I honestly don't even know what Dark Spore really is, but I've seen a few screenshots of some pretty cool things.

Dark Spore is a common misspelling of Darkspore.


I meant that Spore mods in general I have read have more compatibility issues than other modded games, not that Dark Injection had major issues. All of those mods you listed at the top have no issues with each other, right? And I'll be able to utilize them in the stages?

As for Dark Spore/Darkspore... I guess but that's just semantics, IMO.

Lastly, just so I have less messages to write, about the spice homeworld and "what it says on the tin". It says changes. I simply wanted an elaboration. Is it random or can I set which spice I find? Does it mess with the other spice configurations?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #4 by rob55rod » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Raella69 wrote:I meant that Spore mods in general I have read have more compatibility issues than other modded games, not that Dark Injection had major issues.

Oh

Well that's only true if you're comparing Spore to games with official mod support. Compared to, for example, Minecraft, Spore's mod compatibility issues are next to nothing.


Raella69 wrote:All of those mods you listed at the top have no issues with each other, right?

I use them all together, so.​.​. :lol:


Raella69 wrote:And I'll be able to utilize them in the stages?

For Strange and Beautiful, the Smoother, that one mod that I actually linked to, and some of the parts from Dark Injection, yes. The others, no.

Raella69 wrote:Lastly, just so I have less messages to write, about the spice homeworld and "what it says on the tin". It says changes. I simply wanted an elaboration. Is it random or can I set which spice I find? Does it mess with the other spice configurations?

No, it literally changes the spice on your homeworld. It just does. Not with a random chance, not on every star, planet, comet, gas giant, and black hole in the entire galaxy, it just changes it. On YOUR homeworld. In EVERY stage. That's all I know.
Image

Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #5 by Raella69 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Well, considering no one can explain what the changes are aside from the fact that they do exist, I'm just not going to use the mod. If it was a mod that changed it so you spawn with blue or teal or pink or purple spice, I would care. But I can't tell what it does, and no one else can either it seems. I don't want to change spice into aliens or trees. Because a mod that does "change" is pretty vague. Not your fault though. You don't use the mod.

Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #6 by Raella69 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Also what parts of Dark Injection won't I be able to use? And do you know any hint about Dark Genetics?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Raella69 wrote:Well, considering no one can explain what the changes are aside from the fact that they do exist, I'm just not going to use the mod. If it was a mod that changed it so you spawn with blue or teal or pink or purple spice, I would care. But I can't tell what it does, and no one else can either it seems. I don't want to change spice into aliens or trees. Because a mod that does "change" is pretty vague. Not your fault though. You don't use the mod.

Oh. I misunderstood the confusion. It changes the spice on your Homeworld to a different spice, instead of the default Red :lol:


Raella69 wrote:Also what parts of Dark Injection won't I be able to use?

All of the parts which are in new categories. I'm working on fixing that though.


Raella69 wrote:And do you know any hint about Dark Genetics?

Yeah, it's a mod which was intended to build on Dark Injection, back in the days of v9. Its best features are now included in Dark Injection 9.r, and personally I wouldn't bother with the rest. That might just be me though.
Image

Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #8 by Raella69 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:29 am

So, I was having some extreme issues with my installation of the game, and after a two-week or so headache with EA Support, I have a working copy of the game. I am about to comb through the site again and prepare for installing the mods and my upcoming game, but I had one question for you; Do you know if any of the editor mods that allow you to: A.) Edit the outfit of empires other than your own? (I wish to cloth the savages I uplift), and B.) Are there any editors that allow me to modify the form of my species on the creature editor but in the Space stage? I had an idea that with some of the Darkspore parts, much like the Grox my race would begin to modify themselves to be more advanced through cybernetics.

Guru

Guru

ThrowSomething
User avatar
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: In Your Machine
Gender: None specified
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #9 by ThrowSomething » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Hey Rob, I forgot about http://darkinjection.com
Did you ever update it with DIr9?



Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #10 by rob55rod » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 pm

ThrowSomething wrote:Hey Rob, I forgot about http://darkinjection.com
Did you ever update it with DIr9?

No, but it reflects the 9.r-related changes made to http://davoonline.com/sporemods/ , so I'm not too concerned.
Image

Recruit

Recruit

Raella69
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Leo
Age: 23
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #11 by Raella69 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:11 pm

So I discovered the wiki's modification page, and found that with a combination of Dark Injection and Forgotten Spore, I will be able to achieve what I want. However, I just wanted to ask if the current list of features is accurate, and how the two work out in terms of compatibility with each other. As I said before, I am all for removing things like complexity and making editors better, so long as all mods I use can be done for my creature/race I will be doing on my next run. I recall you said the Himeric Engine and a few others are just for having fun in the creators and cannot be used for an actual playthrough.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2864
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: So many options. New here, and a bit overwhelmed.

Unread post #12 by rob55rod » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Raella69 wrote:So I discovered the wiki's modification page, and found that with a combination of Dark Injection and Forgotten Spore, I will be able to achieve what I want.

Oh?


Raella69 wrote:However, I just wanted to ask if the current list of features is accurate

It isn't. Many more features have been added to DI since that list was last updated (IIRC that was during the times of v8)


Raella69 wrote:and how the two work out in terms of compatibility with each other.

AFAIK there are no major issues


Raella69 wrote:As I said before, I am all for removing things like complexity and making editors better

DI doesn't do that ingame (yet)


Raella69 wrote:I recall you said the Himeric Engine and a few others are just for having fun in the creators and cannot be used for an actual playthrough.

Mods which add parts to existing categories can be used in Creature Stage. However, mods which add parts to custom categories require the mod's developer to take some additional steps to make the parts unlockable in creature stage, and unfortunately, most developers just don't bother. (Not to mention how few even know what those steps are - I'm still trying to reverse research what BetterSpore did so we can finally do it for our own mods :lol: )
Image


Return to “Mod Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest