Need help with Unlimited Complexity mod

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

Need help with Unlimited Complexity mod

Unread post by XNovaViperX »

Hey, I'm trying to get the complexity mod to work in all editors but with the mod only seems to work with buildings in all editors, no other editor though.. This is the way I have everything configured:
  • Install Type -- Origin
  • Patch Updated? -- Yes (but I'm not sure which, whenever I try to update it it says that I'm updated already)
  • Have GA? -- Yes
  • GA Patched? -- Yes
  • Mod installed -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures\Data\
  • File name -- 2012_DavoUnlimitedComplexityAllEditors.package
I have nothing else installed, so I'm not sure why its not working for all

XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

Re: Need help with Unlimited Complexity mod

Nvm, I just installed the DarkInjection Open Beta and it gives me unlimited complexity.. also, the UI of it is pretty well made! ^^
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

XNovaViperX wrote:Nvm, I just installed the DarkInjection Open Beta and it gives me unlimited complexity
And here I was getting all ready to activate troubleshooting mode. Good to see the issue is resolved without any need for that :lol:
XNovaViperX wrote:also, the UI of it is pretty well made! ^^
Thanks. I apologize for the scaling issues and generally how buggy it is, a lot of that has been resolved in preparation for the next big release. If you're curious about what's next, you can find some of that in the DI 9.r Dev Log. (Not everything gets posted though, it's always fun for some of the stuff to be a surprise :lol: )

Wait, which UI were you referring to?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
XNovaViperX wrote:Nvm, I just installed the DarkInjection Open Beta and it gives me unlimited complexity
And here I was getting all ready to activate troubleshooting mode. Good to see the issue is resolved without any need for that :lol:
XNovaViperX wrote:also, the UI of it is pretty well made! ^^
Thanks. I apologize for the scaling issues and generally how buggy it is, a lot of that has been resolved in preparation for the next big release. If you're curious about what's next, you can find some of that in the DI 9.r Dev Log. (Not everything gets posted though, it's always fun for some of the stuff to be a surprise :lol: )

Wait, which UI were you referring to?
The Darkspore UI and there are a couple of issues I notice with the beta.
  • When I'm editing, I can't seem to locate the sporepedia button so I can just open a new creation without having to leave edititor(this is in the Darkspore UI)
  • Also, I can't seem to get the original abilities and the other old parts in stable v9 (there's one part in there called 'stick it to ya' that has all of the creature abilites.. my favorite to use in the create stage ^^)
Also I did notice a sort of compability issue with SRNS and DI.. they seem to conflict and 'cancel' certain parts of each other out. It even took away the unlimited complexity from DI!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

XNovaViperX wrote:The Darkspore UI
Oh, okay.
XNovaViperX wrote:there are a couple of issues I notice with the beta.
Your efforts to report bugs are appreciated. In future though, we have a subforum for that :lol: (Also useful for checking whether or not the bug you want to report has already been reported)
XNovaViperX wrote:
  • When I'm editing, I can't seem to locate the sporepedia button so I can just open a new creation without having to leave edi tor(this is in the Darkspore UI)
  • Also, I can't seem to get the original abilities and the other old parts in stable v9 (there's one part in there called 'stick it to ya' that has all of the creature abilites.. my favorite to use in the create stage ^^)
Known issues. The former can be worked around by opening the Sporepedia via the hotkey ("B"), and the latter was the result of a typo, and has been corrected for the next release.
XNovaViperX wrote:Also I did notice a sort of compability issue with SRNS and DI.. they seem to conflict and 'cancel' certain parts of each other out. It even took away the unlimited complexity from DI!
Yeah, that's what happens when 2 mods alter the same file. Just add an "a" before the start of the SRFS package's name.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
XNovaViperX wrote:The Darkspore UI
Oh, okay.
XNovaViperX wrote:there are a couple of issues I notice with the beta.
Your efforts to report bugs are appreciated. In future though, we have a subforum for that :lol: (Also useful for checking whether or not the bug you want to report has already been reported)
XNovaViperX wrote:
  • When I'm editing, I can't seem to locate the sporepedia button so I can just open a new creation without having to leave edi tor(this is in the Darkspore UI)
Known issues. The former can be worked around by opening the Sporepedia via the hotkey ("B"), and the latter was the result of a typo, and has been corrected for the next release.
XNovaViperX wrote:Also I did notice a sort of compability issue with SRNS and DI.. they seem to conflict and 'cancel' certain parts of each other out. It even took away the unlimited complexity from DI!
Yeah, that's what happens when 2 mods alter the same file. Just add an "a" before the start of the SRFS package's name.

Oh, where could I download the latest beta file?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

XNovaViperX wrote:Oh, where could I download the latest beta file?
Right here.

XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Right here.
Thats the one I downloaded from, I took out all of the other mods but DI but I still dont have that abilities page and those other parts packs
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

XNovaViperX wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Right here.
Thats the one I downloaded from, I took out all of the other mods but DI but I still dont have that abilities page and those other parts packs
Yes, I know. I said I'd fixed those for the next release. You'll just have to wait for that release. Reinstalling Public Beta 1.1 isn't going to magically fix bugs which are part of Public Beta 1.1 :lol:

XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
XNovaViperX wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Right here.
Yes, I know. I said I'd fixed those for the next release. You'll just have to wait for that release. Reinstalling Public Beta 1.1 isn't going to magically fix bugs which are part of Public Beta 1.1 :lol:
I thought you said that you released it already, lol *facepalm* :lol: :oops: I'll just switch between the stable version and the beta then ^^
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

XNovaViperX wrote:I thought you said that you released it already, lol *facepalm* :lol: :oops:
Yeah no. Sorry about that :lol:
XNovaViperX wrote:I'll just switch between the stable version and the beta then ^^
That works. The Beta does contain the parts themselves, so there's no need to worry about compatibility breaks. It's just that the page isn't in the list of pages to be displayed because I forgot to update that entry in the list when I changed all the page names to actually make sense. (E.g. "darkspore1" "darkspore9" "darkspore27" "darkspore46" vs "DI_Guns_2" "DI_Mouths_Cyber" "DI_Limbs_Invisible" "DI_MiscWeapons" :lol: )

XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote: That works. The Beta does contain the parts themselves, so there's no need to worry about compatibility breaks. It's just that the page isn't in the list of pages to be displayed because I forgot to update that entry in the list when I changed all the page names to actually make sense. (E.g. "darkspore1" "darkspore9" "darkspore27" "darkspore46" vs "DI_Guns_2" "DI_Mouths_Cyber" "DI_Limbs_Invisible" "DI_MiscWeapons" :lol: )
Cool, I just added in the stable and beta and they seem to be working together perjectly ^^. I'll keep you posted if I noticed anything else
XNovaViperX
Cell
Cell

I did notice two bugs, they both relate with both the beta builds (the second one is with the stable aswell)
  • That camera bug is back with the beta build, but only occurs inside the in-game creature editor
  • Unlimited complexity gone in in-game editors (in the stable build I saw unlimited complexity but it was only temporarily). This also occurs in the non-game spaceship editor
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

XNovaViperX wrote:I did notice two bugs, they both relate with both the beta builds (the second one is with the stable aswell)
  • That camera bug is back with the beta build, but only occurs inside the in-game creature editor
  • Unlimited complexity gone in in-game editors (in the stable build I saw unlimited complexity but it was only temporarily). This also occurs in the non-game spaceship editor
rob55rod wrote:Your efforts to report bugs are appreciated. In future though we have a subforum for that :lol: (Also useful for checking whether or not the bug you want to report has already been reported)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”