Problem with Homescreen Planets

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
AhO4464
Hatchling
Hatchling

Problem with Homescreen Planets

Unread post by AhO4464 »

I need some helpful insight on this problem I've been helping for a couple of months playing Spore. I'm not sure if it has something ot do with a mod I already have but....if it doesn't I apologize for posting it here.

Know these planets on the Spore game's homescreen that allows you the play in different creature stages?

Well for some reason they are tinier and void of detail than before. See the planet labeled "New Game"
Spore Planet Help.jpg
And when I try to click and play these planets. This error sign shows up and I'm forced close the game.
Spore Planet Selection.jpg
I can't play any of those tiny planets except for the saved planet (the one with the blue arrow cursors around it) but that's because I've been playing that planet before the problem started. But where's the fun puropose of playing only in one planet and not play on another as a different creature?

I don't know which mod is causing this problem but the mods I have are put in different folders

These are selected mods are from my my original SPORE/Data folder
SPORE Data.JPG
There are others in the Galactic Adventres Data folder but I'll show you that after I manage to get the image to load.

So anyway, what's causing this planet problem? Is something like an original file missing from the game folders? If so, can I get it back by reinstalling the game, or is there another way?

If you guys don't understand my problem, feel free to ask me questions regarding this and I'll try my best to answer to make it more understandable for you to help me with this problem.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Problem with Homescreen Planets

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hmm...I'll need to see your GA Data folder before drawing any major conclusions, but so far, the only thing that comes to mind is "remove your save folder and generate a new one" :/

Don't do anything just yet, though.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
AhO4464
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AhO4464 »

Okay, here's my GA Folder. All Mods are selected in blue.
Spore Galactic Folder.JPG
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

AhO4464 wrote:Okay, here's my GA Folder. All Mods are selected in blue.

While I'm not entirely skilled in this sort of troubleshooting, I will try to name a few up-front problems here.
  • You have two versions of 2015_DI_FIX.package installed. You are only able to have one at a time.
  • You have two versions of Dark Injection installed, namely 2012_Dark_Injection_v. 7. 0. 5.package and 2013_Dark_Injection_BETA_NC. Again, you are only able to have one at a time, and both of these versions are outdated.
  • You have two versions of infinitepartsize.package installed. While I am sure that this isn't a major problem, you only need one.
  • You have three versions of Dark Genetics' graphic displays installed. You are only able to have one at a time..
  • You have two versions of Dark Genetics' Creature editors installed, namely CB_A_Editor_Terra.package and CB_A_Editor_Cosmos.package. You are only able to have one at a time.
  • Many of the mods you use are likely incompatible with one another. I'm not particularly fluent in which one conflicts which what, so you should try consulting Tech Support for this one.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Peenut2k7 wrote:
AhO4464 wrote:Okay, here's my GA Folder. All Mods are selected in blue.

While I'm not entirely skilled in this sort of troubleshooting, I will try to name a few up-front problems here.
  • You have two versions of 2015_DI_FIX.package installed. You are only able to have one at a time.
  • You have two versions of Dark Injection installed, namely 2012_Dark_Injection_v. 7. 0. 5.package and 2013_Dark_Injection_BETA_NC. Again, you are only able to have one at a time, and both of these versions are outdated.
  • You have two versions of infinitepartsize.package installed. While I am sure that this isn't a major problem, you only need one.
  • You have three versions of Dark Genetics' graphic displays installed. You are only able to have one at a time..
  • You have two versions of Dark Genetics' Creature editors installed, namely CB_A_Editor_Terra.package and CB_A_Editor_Cosmos.package. You are only able to have one at a time.
  • Many of the mods you use are likely incompatible with one another. I'm not particularly fluent in which one conflicts which what, so you should try consulting Tech Support for this one.
You just about summed up all the conflicts, actually :lol:

Conveniently, the problem is caused by one simple thing: 1_camben_custompartsv4.1.package . That version of that mod is known to do that. 4.1 beta is missing a few parts from 4.1, but it doesn't have the bug and is 1/7th the size, IIRC.

Also, an irrelevant note to AhO4464: That's quite an interesting visual style you have there. What is that OS, Windows XP or Vista? Can't be 7 or newer, judging by the crash pop-up...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
AhO4464
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AhO4464 »

(tries out rob's technique) YES YES!!! It worked!! The planets are visible again!!! Thanks guys!!! You're the best!!! :D

It's a Windows XP 2000 (Black Addition)!!! :)
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Insanegrox »

i'm a bit suprised i'm able to even run spore on windows 8.
xxXRealtutorialsXxx
Creature
Creature

Unread post by xxXRealtutorialsXxx »

lol30859 wrote:i'm a bit suprised i'm able to even run spore on windows 8.
Well, i can run it on Win 10 but it's a pain in the sassafrass...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”