Modding Help?

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Modding Help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:16 am

I have som mod ideas that I want to make but I'm not any good modder I'm just a noob. but here they are:

- is it any file for how the creature paint rendering in the editor? If so, where?
what I want with that is to try make the rendering faster and make it look cooler.

- how does adventures work with beam up and down?
wannt to make it possible to beam down on every T3 planet.

- is it any file for the creature body shape?
just to see what I can do with it.

- how do I replace the grox?



I really do not get the EA... files

(if you know any mods that do any of this pleas tell me.)

(this topic will maby be updated)


(sry for my bad English!)
Last edited by Darhagonable on Sat May 07, 2016 7:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:24 am
Location: In a blackhole
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby GBAura » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:21 am

I can't say for everything as I'm not an expect, however it's best you start out with the basics before getting into the advanced stuff.

I believe if you were to replace The Grox, you need to find the package file that hold Maxis creations (I believe the file name is "Game" or "Content"), make a folder in Sporemaster that is the same as the extract directory, and make your desired creation you want to replace have the same file name as it.

I had ideas on replacing the Grox myself with a mod, but I didn't make it yet. However, I must warn you that if you do this, the game will still refer to the replaced creature as the Grox, as the dialogue for them is unaltered. I don't remember where that file is though, but I can confirm that I did edit it before and it does exist.
Image

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:08 pm

GBAura wrote:I can't say for everything as I'm not an expect, however it's best you start out with the basics before getting into the advanced stuff.

I believe if you were to replace The Grox, you need to find the package file that hold Maxis creations (I believe the file name is "Game" or "Content"), make a folder in Sporemaster that is the same as the extract directory, and make your desired creation you want to replace have the same file name as it.

I had ideas on replacing the Grox myself with a mod, but I didn't make it yet. However, I must warn you that if you do this, the game will still refer to the replaced creature as the Grox, as the dialogue for them is unaltered. I don't remember where that file is though, but I can confirm that I did edit it before and it does exist.


I did that. I think it should work but I havent test it cause I have no saves that come so long into the game.

do you know any of the other stuff?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:52 am

Darhagonable wrote:I think it should work but I havent test it cause I have no saves that come so long into the game.

Replacing the Grox requires you to generate a new Galaxy.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 am

updated the topic to add some stuff and make it more clear what I want to do.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Mon May 04, 2015 2:12 pm

I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon May 04, 2015 2:40 pm

Darhagonable wrote:I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D

Alright, can't wait to see it!

...you are going to upload it, right?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Mon May 04, 2015 2:49 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D

Alright, can't wait to see it!

...you are going to upload it, right?


Yea sure :D
Soon as it is ready.
Havent made so you can't place the tools inside the hut or the food yet.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon May 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Darhagonable wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D

Alright, can't wait to see it!

...you are going to upload it, right?


Yea sure :D
Soon as it is ready.
Havent made so you can't place the tools inside the hut or the food yet.

Oh, alright. That does make sense.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 pm

here is a screenshot of how it was some days ago!

preview.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Peenut2k7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Peenut2k7 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:51 pm

I know this is probably impossible (and fairly ridiculous), but I would really like to see a mod where you can place huts anywhere within a certain radius of your tribe.
Image

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Tue May 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Peenut2k7 wrote:I know this is probably impossible (and fairly ridiculous), but I would really like to see a mod where you can place huts anywhere within a certain radius of your tribe.


I do not know any real limit in xml files but it would be really laggy! But I am pretty sure its impossible

I'm just a bigginer!
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Sat May 09, 2015 9:32 am

Darhagonable wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D

...you are going to upload it, right?

Yea sure :D
Soon as it is ready.


should I make a new topic in "host youre sporemods here" or nor? and what should I call the mod?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat May 09, 2015 10:22 am

Darhagonable wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:I made a "can place tribal tools anwhere" mod that is better then the old other one :D

...you are going to upload it, right?

Yea sure :D
Soon as it is ready. should I make a new topic in "host youre sporemods here" or nor? and what should I call the mod?

Yes, that's the place, specifically the "» Stage - Tribal" subforum - there are literally no mods in there. Um...names...namesnames...namesnamesnames...namesnamesnamesnamesnamesnamesnames...how about "Village Freedom" ?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 pm

is it possible to add new abilities in creature stage like a swimming ability?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat May 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Darhagonable wrote:is it possible to add new abilities in creature stage like a swimming ability?

No, but you can add new levels to existing abilities, and assign them different behaviors, animations, effects, etc., most commonly applied to combat abilities, but you can do social or navigation abilities, I'm not sure why you would, but you can.

Swimming is beyond that, though, sorry. Creatures can already swim, so...where's the need?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Sat May 23, 2015 3:40 pm

of some reason I cant unpack CB_H80_Adventure_Props_V4 so I cant found out how to add new adventure props. want to add the spaceship from darkspore (inside and outside) to adventures...
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat May 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Darhagonable wrote:of some reason I cant unpack CB_H80_Adventure_Props_V4 so I cant found out how to add new adventure props. want to add the spaceship from darkspore (inside and outside) to adventures...

Unpack an olderversion of Adventure Props, that version is messed up :/
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Contact:

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby Darhagonable » Sat May 23, 2015 5:10 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:of some reason I cant unpack CB_H80_Adventure_Props_V4 so I cant found out how to add new adventure props. want to add the spaceship from darkspore (inside and outside) to adventures...

Unpack an olderversion of Adventure Props, that version is messed up :/



oh okey... just one more thing... of some reason i dont get any mail by davoonline anymore but its enabled in the davoonline settings?
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3815
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: start modding help?

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat May 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Darhagonable wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Darhagonable wrote:of some reason I cant unpack CB_H80_Adventure_Props_V4 so I cant found out how to add new adventure props. want to add the spaceship from darkspore (inside and outside) to adventures...

Unpack an olderversion of Adventure Props, that version is messed up :/



oh okey... just one more thing... of some reason i dont get any mail by davoonline anymore but its enabled in the davoonline settings?

I think that feature is just broken. Sorry :/
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.


Return to “Mod Help”