Creature Stage - More idles? Unlock abilities?

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Garo
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Creature Stage - More idles? Unlock abilities?

Unread postby Garo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:04 am

Hi there.

I am playing Spore for years now and I cannot put it down at all. I just adore the creature stage where I spend most of my time.

However, the more time I spend there, the more I realize how boring my creature is. Not in its looks mind you, but in its behavior. If I leave it just standing there, it plays a few idles over and over... few of them mind you, while the members of my pack and nest have a far greater variety of idles.

Thus I decided to take matters into my own hand and try to make a mod which enables more idles. But I am not sure if and how it would be possible. I already looked around the files, found the abilities, although not the idle animations or how I could enable them for my own creature.

What I want to do:
- Enable the idle animations to my own creature that its pack members display (randomly dancing, making more sounds, looking around cautiously, bouncing in place, singing, calling, using abilities randomly, etc)

And/or
- Enable social abilities outside of interaction, so my creature can sing or dance whenever I want it to when pushing the buttons.
- Enable all singing levels to level 5 singing, so my creature can have a variety of vocals when singing (I have noticed this at the nest where my level 5 singing creatures suddenly performed a level 2 and 3 randomly. But this also is displayed at other abilities too)

Any help would be appreciated. I am not exactly good at programming, but if I know where to look and what to change, or a basic explanation is given, I think I might be able to do it. Or shall I make a modding request for this? I really want my creature to show some life... and not just walk around and stand there, doing just a few -now- boring animation.

Thank you

GIRGHGH
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Creature Stage - More idles? Unlock abilities?

Unread postby GIRGHGH » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 pm

There are issues with having abilities without need of a target. Also, I don't believe animations can be changed/added. But I'm not a modder really, so I'd pm somebody on here who is to look at this.

Garo

Re: Creature Stage - More idles? Unlock abilities?

Unread postby Garo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:20 am

Thank you for the answer. And what problems arise when you make an ability work without a target? I dont really need the social abilities themselves anymore to impress species -although the fighting abilities would still come in handy, but I only need the social abilities unlocked-, since my favorite creature has an already workedout friend-foe sides. Now I just wish to have fun and see them live.

Return to “Mod Help”