Few Glitches in Dark Injection v8

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Few Glitches in Dark Injection v8

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:56 pm

I've installed Davo's mod Dark Injection a few months ago (in July I think) and found a couple bugs that can be a bit irritating. First off, all the DarkSpore parts appear to be invisible (and I heard others had the same problem) which is strange since everybody else has the DarkSpore parts working fine on their creations. I'm pretty sure I have all patches installed and have Galactic Adventures. And one last glitch is that the Spit attack (normal spit) is much weaker than usual; I have level 5 spit and somehow, it does less damage, which is probably because it doesn't do immediate damage on contact. This is sort of annoying because Spit can be used to interrupt the NPC attacks once immediate damage is delivered. However, I keep getting slashed and clawed because my spit no longer stops them from attack which usually tends to kill me. Is there anyway to fix that simple glitch? Also, how come just my DarkSpore parts are invisible, because according to the Internet, a couple other people seem to be having the same problem.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Few Glitches in Dark Injection v8

Unread postby Davo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:12 pm

the only time people have invisible parts is because they simply do not read.

DI uses 3 files to achieve a complete mod.
2 files require you have Darkspore and copying over both of the Arenas_.package files to Spore OR... OR you can download them on my site. http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods

but thats all i can guess.
as far as your other bugs. Spit 5 is modified, I edited it to allow higher versions of spit to add new abilities into the game. I do not believe i edited any of the attack variables.
I will look.

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:27 am

Spit 5 is modified, I edited it to allow higher versions of spit to add new abilities into the game.

I already knew about the upgraded creature abilities, but the actual Spit 5 (the maximum upgraded spit without mods) seems to be weaker than usual because it doesn't deliver immediate damage. I often times tend to rely on Spit when I'm in close range; apparently when a creature attempts to attack you as they start the attack animation, if you attack back before they inflict damage on you the animation of their attack is interrupted. Spit is the best way of interrupting attacks immediately, since the target will not attack unless you attempt to attack first. (I think this only applies to Galactic Adventures; I don't really care about the Creature Stage anyways.)
All the Dark Injection Spit upgrades work beautifully, it's just the regular Spit parts that concern me. Usually, when a purple spit ball comes with impact on a creature its health bar goes down by 1-3hp (depending on spit level) first, then slowly decreases when the poison is in action. The impact seems to be gone, which makes spit much weaker than usual and cannot disturb attack animations, making it difficult to dodge the attackers. Confusing, I know. :?
I will say, however, the Dark Injection mod in general is beautifully done, I congratulate you for such a great and complex modification to the editor.

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:04 pm

bump

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:28 pm

dragonlover285 wrote:bump

All this ridiculous bumping is really unnecessary.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:31 pm

lol, he does that alot on the official forums...

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:15 pm

Bumping is just to get some attention to a thread. Usually if I don't bump something, whatever I'm looking for won't get done or noticed. I honestly don't see why everyone's complaining about my bumping habits. :O
Now, on the subject, is it possible to make all Spit levels 1-5 work again?

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 pm

So, is it possible to make Spit levels 1-5 work again? (Meaning without the mod where spit inflicts extra damage)

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Just go into sporemaster and delete the spit1.prop.xml file all the way to spit5, the repack it

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:31 pm

CamBen wrote:Just go into sporemaster and delete the spit1.prop.xml file all the way to spit5, the repack it

Crap I don't have SporeMaster. Where can I download it?

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 pm

You can get it here (which includes a test file called Void's Glasses, use it if you want to make custom Spore parts):
http://code.google.com/p/sporemaster/downloads/list

Or, if you want to do get some better results when opening files, you can use my version which I altered slightly thanks to EMD:
www.mediafire.com/download/bmn77dpd322g8j4/

If you can't run the program, download the NET Framework service pack from Microsoft (this is where SM is built from). Don't worry, it's free.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 pm

GBAura wrote:You can get it here (which includes a test file called Void's Glasses, use it if you want to make custom Spore parts):
http://code.google.com/p/sporemaster/downloads/list

Or, if you want to do get some better results when opening files, you can use my version which I altered slightly thanks to EMD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmn77dpd322g8j4/

If you can't run the program, download the NET Framework service pack from Microsoft (this is where SM is built from). Don't worry, it's free.

Thanks for the links, I'll try them.
Oh and just one question, what will happen if I remove the spit1-5.prop.xml files? Won't that make the spit weapons unable to function at all? (Sorry but I have nooo idea how to mod, I'm new there.) :?

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:07 pm

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<properties><key instanceid="spittemplate" groupid="creatureabilitytemplates~" name="parent"/><float name="creatureAbilityDamage">3</float>-<texts name="creatureAbilityDescription"><text instanceid="#000000C9" tableid="Abilities">Lob a glob of toxic mucus to cause some pain. (PLACEHOLDER)</text></texts><float name="creatureAbilityEffectDamage">3</float><uint32 name="creatureAbilityImpactEffectId">2005601886</uint32><uint32 name="creatureAbilityMuzzleEffectId">478274414</uint32>-<texts name="creatureAbilityName"><text instanceid="#000000C8" tableid="Abilities">Spit (PLACEHOLDER)</text></texts>-<vector2s name="creatureAbilityRequiredCAPsMaxValueRange">-<vector2><x>1</x><y>6</y></vector2></vector2s><uint32 name="creatureAbilityTrailEffectId">1915247038</uint32></properties>

This is how far I got in SporeMaster. If I want Spit to inflict damage on impact, which of these should I change? After changing the "creatureAbilityEffectDamage" to 3, it made creatures' health points go down by 15 in less than 5 seconds. Can someone help me? :?

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Try just using the delete button on the right, then that will delete the modified file and give you the core spore ability back.

emd
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby emd » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:09 am

For instant damage, add this line:
<float name="creatureAbilityDamage">30</float>

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes!!! I got that working again! :D Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out, I greatly appreciate it. :)
Now, I'm working on modding the Charge attack to lengthen the daze period. So far I got this:

<float name="creatureAbilityEffectDuration">20</float>-<texts name="creatureAbilityName"><text instanceid="#00000017" tableid="Abilities">Charge (PLACEHOLDER)</text></texts><float name="creatureAbilityRangeMin">14</float><float name="creatureAbilityRefresh">12</float>

I figured changing "creatureAbilityEffectDuration" would help, so I changed it to 2. It didn't work, so I typed in 20. Still didn't work. Can anyone help me with that?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 pm

change all of that back to normal and add this...

<uint32 name="#075E00B7">3758345965</uint32>

<float name="#075E0100">999.9</float>

when you add this, it tells the game that you want a different effect on contact, see if that works.
if it does, you will knock the creature down and it will give you more time because they will have to get back up.

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Okay I'll try that out.

dragonlover285
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postby dragonlover285 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 am

Okay, I've got good news and bad news.
The good news is that I've successfully installed all of the package files required for Dark Injection to work as intended.
The bad news is that I've got major problems with the textures of the creatures; their eyes are the solid color of their base color which makes them look plain creepy and horrible. Also, so far the Charge attack code isn't working; the daze period is just the same as usual, which is about like 2 seconds or something. I wanted Charge 5, for example, to stun creatures for 10 seconds long. Any way I could possibly fix these things?
EDIT: I NEED HELP, I was trying to fix Spit to make it working again, every thing is GONE. I tried unpacking the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Data\Spore_Game.package, then repacking it, but every file somehow vanished, I don't know how to fix it, someone please help me! :oops:

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Oh gosh. Do NOT repack the core spore packages. Go ahead and reinstall your game. :/

Also, the arenas_textures.package needs to be named zzarenas_textures, and placed in:

1. The spore data folder, not EP1, if you only have DI.

2. The BP1 data folder, not EP1, if you have DG, or DG and DI.

Return to “Mod Help”