Spore Galactic Adventures Not Appearing (Origin/Mac)

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Dizzdy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore Galactic Adventures Not Appearing (Origin/Mac)

Unread post by Dizzdy »

I've been playing Spore on MacOS Mojave (purchased through origin), and decided to buy Galactic Adventures (also purchased through origin). To run the base game on Mac, I figured out through some forum posts that you have to run it through the cider_noui executable located in the application.

However, after installing Galactic Adventures and trying the same thing, the cider_noui located in the GA application seems to just open the base game; there is no sign of anything GA related.

I suspect that this issue might be due to the file structure, because renaming the folder SPORE_EP1 has no effect on the game and moving its contents into the contents of the Spore folder causes the galactic adventures logo to appear in the title screen, although this also causes the graphics to break. This is where all of the packages are when I first install GA: https://imgur.com/a/uWgVLem

Does anyone know of a fix, or could anyone who has had success playing GA on Mac give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance for answering, I've seen a few people on the EA forums with this issue go unanswered; EA customer support was a terrible waste of two hours of my life, and I didn't have much luck on reddit, but the people on this forum seem to have expertise when it comes to the inner workings of the game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”