Seeking Help for with Recovering Old Creations

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
aharttsx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Seeking Help for with Recovering Old Creations

Unread post by aharttsx »

Greetings,
So its been several years since I've played this game and decided to reinstall it to mess around with again. I had back ups of the "My Spore Creations" folder and Games and whatnot that were originally on other older systems. However, when I boot up the game, there are a number of my creations that do not show up in "My Creations" tab. Some of them do show up in "Recent Downloads", though still others - including several of my main captains, do not show up anywhere at all.

When I check 'My Spore Creations' folder, I see the .png's/.gifs for all of them, but they just won't show up in-game at all. Anyone have any ideas on how I can at least get my captains and stuff back, and if possible, to get the creations present only in "Recent Downloads" as My Creations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vanillacold

Re: Seeking Help for with Recovering Old Creations

Unread post by vanillacold »

Do you still have the old systems? If so, transfer Pollination.package and EditorSaves.package from %appdata%\ from the old system to the new system
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
aharttsx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Seeking Help for with Recovering Old Creations

Unread post by aharttsx »

This worked, thank you! Thankfully I do still have the harddrives from those old systems along with a docking station to access them. I completely forgot about files being hidden in appdata lol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”