Ice Skating Glitch

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
FlyingGrass
Cell
Cell

Ice Skating Glitch

Unread post by FlyingGrass »

I installed patch 1.5 via the installer provided by this website, but it...

Asymmetry is not working(It didn't work before I installed the patch either), and creatures are now ice-skating with limp bodies.

I have a movement mod, but uninstalling it didn't work.
I have a mod that removes editor animations, but uninstalling it didn't work either.

I have :spore: , :cc:, :ex: , and :ga:
I also use: :bs:, :fs:, :di:, :srns:, :sab:, :ccp: and :rp:.
I installed Spore in the order this site said.

I tried to fix the issue using the method explained in the Spore Wikia(http://spore.wikia.com/wiki/Glitches#Mi ... ons_Glitch) but it didn't work.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Ice Skating Glitch

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Try reinstalling the game in this order: Spore, Spore Creepy and Cute, Spore Galactic Adventures, Patch 5.1

Also, BetterSpore is an ancient mod, and is far broken by now. (Even more so since the march patch, which broke many mods) Also, Strange and Beautiful has been known (or at least for me) to cause issues and crashes when used with Dark Injection, though I have not tested without it.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
FlyingGrass
Cell
Cell

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Try reinstalling the game in this order: Spore, Spore Creepy and Cute, Spore Galactic Adventures, Patch 5.1

Also, BetterSpore is an ancient mod, and is far broken by now. (Even more so since the march patch, which broke many mods) Also, Strange and Beautiful has been known (or at least for me) to cause issues and crashes when used with Dark Injection, though I have not tested without it.
I've finally gotten around to reinstalling the game, but it didn't work. I said that I installed Spore in the right order.
I'm now getting crashes whenever I open Spore. It says it's trying to update the content database, before it crashes twice then shuts down.

Tested without Strange and Beautiful, still crashing.
Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

FlyingGrass wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Try reinstalling the game in this order: Spore, Spore Creepy and Cute, Spore Galactic Adventures, Patch 5.1

I've finally gotten around to reinstalling the game, but it didn't work. I said that I installed Spore in the right order.
I'm now getting crashes whenever I open Spore. It says it's trying to update the content database, before it crashes twice then shuts down.

Tested without Strange and Beautiful, still crashing.
Try making a backup of your Spore folder in %Appdata%/Roaming, and then delete the non-backup. And then try to uninstall of your mods and play spore with a fresh 'Spore' folder. Then replace the fresh one with your backup to see if it causes your issue.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
FlyingGrass
Cell
Cell

I think it may just be patch 1.5, Spore won't support it for me somehow, Spore is doing fine when I reinstall it without patch 1.5.
Thank you for trying to help! Patch 1.5 didn't provide asymmetry for me anyway, I feel unmotivated to return to getting the patch to work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

FlyingGrass wrote:I think it may just be patch 1.5, Spore won't support it for me somehow, Spore is doing fine when I reinstall it without patch 1.5.
Thank you for trying to help! Patch 1.5 didn't provide asymmetry for me anyway, I feel unmotivated to return to getting the patch to work.
Where are you installing Spore from? A disk? If so, you may want to transfer your keys to Origin and reinstall from there, in this order:

Core Spore > Creepy and Cute > Galactic Adventures

To obtain Patch 1.7. That should get Asymmetry working, and if not, there are still other things we can try.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”