Help unpacking combined mod packs

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Help unpacking combined mod packs

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

I have been looking at big mod packs like Betterspore and platinumspore. They contain a lot of features that id like, but the problem is that i dont want ALL of the mods features, so i was curious if i could get some pointers on how, if possible, i can unpack the mods and just get the files i need as individual package files. I got Sporemodder installed already but im not sure where to go with it.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Help unpacking combined mod packs

Unread post by rob55rod »

Beyond knowing how to use SporeModder, there aren't many common aspects to the job...it really depends on the feature...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:Beyond knowing how to use SporeModder, there aren't many common aspects to the job...it really depends on the feature...
I did look at sporemaster to see if maybe that program could do the trick, but i got a bit confused half way. i can unpack it, but im not sure how i can take the individual files i need and then re-pack it.
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

I often open a mod or darkspore package and then got to sporemoder, projects and edit the files from file mangaer
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Beyond knowing how to use SporeModder, there aren't many common aspects to the job...it really depends on the feature...
I did look at sporemaster to see if maybe that program could do the trick, but i got a bit confused half way. i can unpack it, but im not sure how i can take the individual files i need and then re-pack it.
Is the obstacle how to transfer the files...or which files to transfer?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
i guess it would be on how to transfer the files.

lets say platinumspore, it has loads of features, but im only interested in 10 of its features instead of the 50 it has.removal of galactic code penalties, slowing of hunger bars, increased jump height, unlimited space tools ammo, increased trade routes, just to name a few.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:

lets say platinumspore, it has loads of features, but im only interested in 10 of its features instead of the 50 it has.removal of galactic code penalties, slowing of hunger bars, increased jump height, unlimited space tools ammo, increased trade routes, just to name a few.
Well you'll need to open the SporeModder Projects folder in File Explorer. By default, it's next to the SporeModder Launcher. Just go to the unpacked PlatinumSpore project and locate the folders/files you're after, then copy them into your project. You do know how to copypaste files and folders in File Explorer, right...?

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Is the obstacle how to transfer the files...or which files to transfer?

Well you'll need to open the SporeModder Projects folder in File Explorer. By default, it's next to the SporeModder Launcher. Just go to the unpacked PlatinumSpore project and locate the folders/files you're after, then copy them into your project. You do know how to copypaste files and folders in File Explorer, right...?
of course i know how to copypaste files and folders, my god who doesnt. anyway most of these folders are named a bit weird, so it will take me a little to see if i can even find the right ones i need. and not to mention if each individual mod needs another folder with it to work, i guess ill need to experiment a little.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:

of course i know how to copypaste files and folders, my god who doesnt.
...as I suspected :lol:
paranoid_modder wrote:anyway most of these folders are named a bit weird, so it will take me a little to see if i can even find the right ones i need.
That's just the Spore naming convention.
paranoid_modder wrote:and not to mention if each individual mod needs another folder with it to work, i guess ill need to experiment a little.
Wait what...each mod? Imlpying multiple? I thought you were trying to dismantle PlatinumSpore...are there others, too?

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Wait what...each mod? Imlpying multiple? I thought you were trying to dismantle PlatinumSpore...are there others, too?
Oh no, what i meanth was that when i opened platinumspores project, i found it contained plenty of folders like this: Image

I decited to open other mods i got to use them as reference, basically opening the No anger from allies mod for example, it looked like this: Image

both those project folders contained a sporemaster folder and config. however each individual folder inside platinumspore contained everything from a few prop files to png images, icons, locale files and text files. This is why i was suspecting that maybe each platinumspore folders needed more then one folder to run properly, as well as its own config and sporemaster file.

i think the citywalls mod inside it actually has one folder for icons and one folder for the mod files themselves. then theres locale graphics, along with scripts and everything here that im not sure where it belongs to..
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The config file and sporemaster file are files generated automatically by SporeModder and therefore can be ignored.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

I just edited this post to avoid double posting.. but ive narrowed it down to these folders from betterspore: Image

these stood out to me. consequence trait i assumed was a folder with either the part of the mod that took away the penalties for breaking galactic code, or something related to the superweapons or philosophies. however there is only one prop file in there, which has the name knight in it...so im not sure about that one.

then there spacetools and spacetrading.. i assume space tools is just that, tools..however some mods require you to buy the tools and to have them show up in the ships tool palette, so i assumed that maybe spacetrading did just that, enable them in the shop. It also contained a bunch of prop files for other things such as more spice types, scrolls, platinumtools, and other presumably modded tools and items.

we also got spacetoolpalette which just cotains more prop files, each for each palette for your ship. (fight, socialize, coloby, etc)

ufotools however contains a bunch of png files, which look like this: Image

so essentially, i think that these folders must be working with others within the same directory as platinumspore, and THATS where im stuck. If i just want the tools or the feature that removes penalty, how do i know what to look for, much less what files and folders i can repack?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”